IGNORED

does anyone have some of these 5200 homebrews?

butfluffy

hello. i got my atarimax cart and i'm trying to track down as many homebrews as possible.

i looked at a thread here and there were 3 games posted there but the site of the game maker does not work anymore :(

i was hoping that if someone here had them they may be kind enough to upload them for me

the games are

Train 1, 2, 3
Curse of the Lost Miner
Caverns of the Lost Miner

i'm pretty sure there will be lots more that i will not be able to track down with ease. does anyone know of a good resource where most if not all the 5200 homebrews are available. i'm included the atari 8bit computer to 5200 ports in this request.

any help would be great thanks.

On 4/6/2022 at 3:49 AM, BIGHMW said:

Here's Train 1-2-3 for you, courtesy of an inquiry for @baktra. ENJOY!!!

All 3 games are on three separate files of their own within that zip.

train_5200.zip 159.4 kB · 11 downloads

I assume that most people would run these games from the Atarimax cart. Has anyone tried running these from Eprom?  They dont work for me..

Just two extra notes on the games:

Caverns of the Lost Miner and Curse of the Lost Miner are proof-of-concepts. What is being proven? A possibility to create a game written in a mix of C and assembler with sound, graphics, custom display lists and custom character set. When it comes to ratings, the players always complained that the two games were too difficult to play. One reviewer clearly stated "Awkward platforming junk". The music is also not the best.

The Train games are much better. Definitely not AAA titles, but decent small games. Probably has to do with the fact the artwork was not done by me.

I have never had an Atari 5200 (a rare product in Europe), so when it comes to testing, all I have is Altirra and volunteers with Atarimax cart who test for me.

The TRAIN cartridge images are supposed to be non-bankswitching 32KB diagnostic cartridges.