IGNORED

Atari in Asia

I was doing some research and stumbled upon this great snippet:

https://archive.org/details/jprs-report_jprs-sea-84-012/page/60/mode/2up

While "Nite Spot Computer System" didn't yield any results on Google, archive.org found an ad I had never seen before! This treasure appears to be aimed at the Asian market specifically and even lists the official distributors in Malaysia or Indonesia!

Ad found in Far Eastern Economic Review dated April 26th, 1984:

H05647_0391.thumb.jpg.4a19c66f259e9412d7a196ee25a069b2.jpg

• Like 8
  • Thanks 2

Never saw this one before, but it is a great ad.  This was how Atari should have been marketing the 8-bit line.  In the early 80's, before the C64 was cheap and available, the 400 was about the only affordable computer to the masses until 1983.  I know there were other cheap computers (VIC-20), but show me another 1.79Mhz 6502 with 40 columns and 16K of RAM that was available for under $400 in 1981 (let's not go down that rabbit hole).  When the more cost competitive 600/800XL line came out,  Atari marketing was clueless.  This ad is the type of marketing they should have been pushing from the start.  I have no idea what I'd be doing today if I had never had an Atari Home Computer in the early 80's.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1