IGNORED

Best Emu for Win 10?

Animalgril987

Hi.

I've had a 2600 since the late 70s when our parents bought one for me and my brother to share. We only ever had about 7 or 8 carts for it, as we didn't get that much pocket money.

I now want to see what I've missed, gamewise. So I tried downloading a couple of emulators to my Win 10 laptop.

However one refused to start. I have downloaded Stella, but I'm having trouble mapping the paddle controllers to my Xbox controller analogue sticks. I get the left stick mapped to the right paddle for some reason, and nothing mapped to left paddle. I assume "paddle 0" is left and "paddle 1" is right paddle ( of the 2 that plug into the left hand port of the console ( as seen from the front))? Any ideas?

I should at that the left stick works in reverse to the paddle ie left stick moves character RIGHT.

Also I can map a button to "pause" but I don't see an option for " un-pause".

Edited by Animalgril987
Additional information

Using Stella, if you're looking at video olympics then yes the P0 is the left paddle and P1 is the right paddle.  Under "Game Properties > Controllers", there is a setting "swap paddles" that will exchange left/right.  In Video Olympics the computer controls the left paddle for the first two game options.  Select game 3 for a player controlled left paddle.  In that same settings tab there are settings "Paddles_IDir" and "Paddles_IAxDr", that's supposed to invert the paddle direction.  It's not working for me so might be something to take up with the developer.  For pause look for the setting "toggle pause" rather than "start pause.

With Street Racer game one, only the right player is active.  Try game two for two player.  In Stella, P0 should be the left player and P1 the right, unless "swap paddles" is on in game properties.  I also found that the settings  "Paddles_IDir" and "Paddles_IAxDr" are specific to certain rom files, so you might not be able to reverse paddle direction in Stella.