IGNORED

Has anyone ever thought of a digital control version of Missile Command?

BIGHMW

I figure that since there already is a digital control version of Gorf for the 5200, in which basically is an A8-to-5200 conversion, that replaces the analog controls on it with a more steady digital control, that maybe perhaps the same hack can also possibly be done with Missile Command and Missile Command +, with control similar to the MC on an A8/XL/XE computer

I have included both the 8-bit Missile Command and Missile Command + and the 5200 versions of those two as well as the digital control version of Gorf mainly as inspiration.

It's always nice to have extra control choices as some people (like myself) cannot really control the analog version as it is TOO sensitive. 

Missile Command.xex Missile Command (XE).rom Missile Command+.xex Missile Command (1983) (Atari).a52 Missile Command +.bin Gorf Digital Control Version.bin

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Slikatel said:

Dear Mr. AK-47 (I am a huge fan)

To answer your question, No. I've never thought of asking for conversions of 5200 games.

Hey thank you for being a fan of mine :), it's people like you that remain THE driving force of my 28-year career, despite all the self-doubt that I pretty much developed since the pandemic hit us 2 years ago of whether I'll ever either get noticed in the entertainment business or even get signed. I just keep plugging away at it until then, one can always hope. Hopefully now that the pandemic is (almost) in the rear-view mirror maybe I'll finally be able to start on writing and recording some new material, and for all I know, maybe even play a few final shows for all of you, it's my way of saying "Thanks!" as 2023 will be my farewell year, after all I AM gonna be 56 this May 19th and probably 57 at the end of '23.

The entertainment industry is a tough nut to crack. Its all who you know. There are many, many talented artists out there that never get a chance, but young kids who will say whatever they are told to will get the deals.

For instance, I am very good friends with someone who went all the way to the finals on BET freestyle fridays. He actually should have won. Anyways, even with that level of exposure it went nowhere. His name is Zack McCoy (Agent Orange).

Edited by Slikatel
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Slikatel said:

The entertainment industry is a tough nut to crack. Its all who you know. There are many, many talented artists out there that never get a chance, but young kids who will say whatever they are told to will get the deals.

For instance, I am very good friends with someone who went all the way to the finals on BET freestyle fridays. He actually should have won. Anyways, even with that level of exposure it went nowhere. His name is Zack McCoy (Agent Orange).

Great, and as everyone here on AA (as well as the rest of my fans and even some friends) already knows I went to high school (Erikson Center, Tarzana, CA) with internet modeling legend Cindy Margolis (she enrolled in 1983 and graduated in '84) and I happen to be proud both of her as well as our history. She already knows about my career in this business, and that I am keeping plugging away at it in order to (nowadays hopefully) inspire Cindy to as well. I would hate to see her retire too soon (she's only 56, she'll be 57 on Rocktober 1st) as I look up to her as a hero and role model for me in this business.

listen man, at the end of the day, they just want people that will put whatever they want them to in their lyrics.

Its a young mans game because young men will take a million dollars and a new car and do whatever they are told to. The crazy shit you hear about the music industry is mostly true.

Once you realize the record companies have a stake in the private prisons and they get kickbacks for filling them up, it all makes sense.

Jailhouse Roc: The FACTS About Hip Hop and Prison for Profit (hiphopforchange.org)

Edited by Slikatel
  • Like 1

Sad, sad, sad. I only PRETEND TO be a "G", AK47 is merely a stage persona, afterwards, after i finish up a set either as The Heavy Metal Warrior or as AK47 I am back to being plain-old Ray Jackson, plain and simple. I have always conducted myself at gigs with nothing less than class, especially with my female fans, and certainly would not want to be a part of this "Prison For Profit" BS.

....and now I know why Justin Bieber and BTS (and Taylor Swift and Kelly Clarkson) sorta cut in front of me, if they're willing to kiss corporate ass just to "make it big" then I want no part of it, and those very same record companies, all parts of the Warner/Sony/Universal music/media monopoly, don't like people like me who are TRUE FREE THINKERS!!! And since I have been in the entertainment business for 28 years, I should know this, but, I DO live in a very isolated community (Port Townsend, WA) in a very highly rural area (Jefferson County/North Olympic Peninsula), and they don't think too well of us "hicks"up here in "Redneckville", when some of us are not!!! They want you to move to "the big city" to get noticed, only to toss you aside afterwards. That's the sad part of this industry too, my management Len Enders also knows this as he told me about it.

Thanks for uploading Missile Command Plus ! would be nice to have a digital version but until someone with the skill, time and desire to take on such a mammoth task does so, the existing analogue version works just fine IMO. I dont have a working 5200 analogue controller so i improvise. AtariAges own Redemption board does a good job with PC analogue joysticks. The design files are available on the Grand studio/Pixels Past site for anyone to download. It's much easier/less work to build a pcb. :-) I have a Microsoft Sidewinder 3D Pro hooked up and works quite well. 

20220415_215548.jpg

• 5 weeks later...
17 hours ago, phuzaxeman said:

Here's we go again with the requests.  Why would anyone want to play digital version of Missile Command on the 5200? Analog is a gem and the 80's analog experience can only be found on the 5200.

How about a touch/stylus/smart pen version?

We did this for Planetary Defense Koala Pad mode. I have a video I'll post later on in the 8-bit forums.

Since 5200 sticks look the same (to game code) as a Koala Pad, we tried the same technique for some 5200 analog stick games. If you are using a smart pen (as Samsung and Microsoft have), you can "hover" over a location to aim. Tapping tricks the 5200 into seeing a fire button press at a specific location.

For Missile Command it is even cooler - you can tap multiple places at the same time, and we queue up the requests/feed them to the game in sequence. ie, you can "chord" 2, 3 or more fingers to tap on multiple targets at the same time. You can also play with mouse/trackpad (ie, on a laptop or Chromebook). It is pretty awesome. If we can manage to get a license, we'll release it.

In the meantime, touch/stylus support for Planetary Defense will show up in the next public beta (likely this coming week).

818571144_argonduoandpen.thumb.png.6f6b88affe3f189d78d27ab0b6df6d75.png

After seeing the gameplay of it (I hate to ask but feel obligated) but some of us would love to see a 5200 version of this, this game would work wonders with the CX53 Trak-Ball!!! :) 

This program, in which is Missile Command AND Space War implemented into one game sounds awesome and would be tons of fun with a Trak-Ball!!!

Planetary Defense.xex

9 hours ago, BIGHMW said:

After seeing the gameplay of it (I hate to ask but feel obligated) but some of us would love to see a 5200 version of this, this game would work wonders with the CX53 Trak-Ball!!! :) 

This program, in which is Missile Command AND Space War implemented into one game sounds awesome and would be tons of fun with a Trak-Ball!!!

Planetary Defense.xex 3.54 kB · 1 download

So you're asking for Planetary Defense on the trackball and having Missile Command with digital controls all in 1 thread?

You said you'd stop with the requests.  What happened? 

You've got some issues.