IGNORED

Anecdotes On the Creation of TI Logo

pixelpedant

I did find a version of MSX-Logo that was released by COMTECH in Poland, they call it COMTECH-LOGO (1987) with no LCSI mention. 

Like the others, the rom is virtually identical with the keywords in English and error messages in Polish.

It's so much easier to explore when at least the keywords are in my native language.

Also, there's another couple of versions of MSX-Logo that I've found:

from EPCOM (HOT-LOGO) Brazil Portuguese? "Benvindo ao Logo", list commands with "primitivas"

from Telematica/Talent Argentina "Bienvenido a MSX-Logo", list commands with "primitivas"

So that makes 5 different versions : Polish (English keywords/Polish messages), NL, ES, AR and BR.

comtech_logo_primitives.png

tell all example.png

Edited by Golden Child
  • Like 2

Sprite Logo ("second-system syndrome" aside) I think was much better.  All 32 sprites were turtles and could draw, even while moving.  You could command them in (more-or-less) parallel with TELL, ALL and EACH commands.  For more capabilities with the sprite shapes I made the SNAP command which copied the bitmap under the sprite into its shape, and STAMP which copied the shape to the bitmap underneath.  Combined with motion, there were a lot of interesting things that could be done.

* The first time I went down to Dallas to meet with TI, file transfer consisted of bringing the 990 disk pack on the flight as carry-onThe office was the same one where they had the sound studio for recording for the Speak-and-Spell.  When we got there no one was there to meet us, but the door had one of those mechanical push button combination locks.  To kill time we started iterating combinations and within half an hour were in.  Probably good we didn't get shot.

* The TI liason for the project was originally the infamous Al Riccomi, you can google that.  I heard he tried to run the project from jail for a time.

* TI-Logo had a "demons" feature that ran lists of Logo code asynchronously (I don't remember if it made it into the final product).  Mark Gross who implemented it had a PODS (Print Out DemonS) command to list them.

So now that I have an english MSXLogo to study, I can say that it is *very* close to Adam SmartLogo.  This probably isn't too surprising, in that they are both z80 based machines.  Going from the Adam SmartLogo manual and comparing the capabilities, I would say that they are virtually identical.

Here's a few pictures showing MSX Logo doing "demons" with on.touch and pods (prints "touch every time they touch), doing stamp (you have to have the pen down to do a stamp, here stamping the cat sprite), and also the ability to define a sprite with getsh/putsh (using a binary pattern to show how it works).

940842275_getshputsh.thumb.png.0075925424b523ddb4091d89c977dbe9.png

pods_on.touch.png

pd_stamp_pu.png

• Like 2

Another Logo that's very similar to TI Logo is Atari Logo (also by LCSI)

Can run in mame with  ./mame a800 alogo

It has sprites, demons and built-in sprite editor (EDSH).  It only has 4 sprites that are 8x16 pixels (8 possible images 0-7) compared with TI Logo's 32 sprites (16 x 16 pixels) (0-25 possible images).

Screen resolution is 4 colors at 160x192

1677687128_Screenshotfrom2022-11-0808-53-15.thumb.png.5587914cde0b14e118f5d7d8876bb602.png315683393_Screenshotfrom2022-11-0707-40-42.thumb.png.f131d911df8470f6c9f678d4f7fc1d54.png

• Like 2

So how does TI Logo handle turtle graphics on a tiled screen?

It reserves 64 characters for the text and uses 192 characters for the turtle graphics, drawing as it goes.

Switching different colors quickly exhausts the available tiles, due to colors being restricted to a group of 8 tiles.

You have to write your own version of a FOR loop

TO

TO FOR  :VAR :START :END :INC :CODE

MAKE :VAR :START

LOOP [ IF FOREND (THING :VAR) :END :INC THEN STOP ELSE RUN [ RUN :CODE MAKE :VAR ( THING :VAR ) + :INC ] ]

END

TO FOREND :VAL :END :INC

IF :INC < 0 THEN OP :VAL < :END ELSE OP :VAL > :END

END

TO LOOP :BLK

RUN :BLK LOOP :BLK

END

TO FILL255

FOR "X 0 255 1 [PUTTILE :X :X / 16 REM :X 16 ]

END

TO REM :X :Y

OP :X - ( :X / :Y ) * :Y

END

998206090_Screenshotfrom2022-11-0903-25-40.thumb.png.13c4cdfe806a1df15c03e10b9ed457c7.png475493571_Screenshotfrom2022-11-0903-26-04.thumb.png.a2bbbd75708b22726f360cb349ed4e41.png

So running FILL255 puts all 255 characters in the upper left quadrant of the screen.

This is running FILL255 right after starting logo.

1792347778_Screenshotfrom2022-11-0904-01-57.thumb.png.fa54518678fc3f56781f25b454c97055.png

and after drawing a bunch of slightly diagonal lines.

440583854_Screenshotfrom2022-11-0903-34-30.thumb.png.9be03c3cd36d1913d3da5734cd977e69.png

Here you can see the tiles very clearly with different colors.

303587946_Screenshotfrom2022-11-0903-35-46.thumb.png.6a0d1664a587c9e34d818df65786e10a.png

One thing that's interesting, it that following a CS, the first 8 characters get skipped if you change colors.   This gives you 192-8 = 184 character tiles.   To "fix" those colors, do a TELL TILE 0 SETCOLOR [ 2 5 ] TELL TURTLE to set the colors to what you would like.

Another thing that's interesting is that the turtle doesn't use column 0 or 31 which limits tile use slightly.

If you fill the screen with repeated character tiles and have the turtle draw on them you can make some interesting repeating patterns.

1311400294_Screenshotfrom2022-11-0707-59-23.thumb.png.c14340b84de35234cf23b80ff935f4e5.png

Edited by Golden Child

Interesting reading: THE ’80S AND BEYOND: HUNDREDS OF LOGO DIALECTS

from https://people.eecs.berkeley.edu/~bh/HOPL.pdf

HISTORY OF LOGO

Of the true Logo implementations (ones with the word and sentence functions, not just turtle
graphics; see Section 3.4), almost all derive their design directly or indirectly from one of two
sources: (1) versions from the MIT Logo Group, for the Texas Instruments 99/4 and for the Apple II;
(2) versions from LCSI, starting with Apple Logo.

Supporting the Myriad New Personal Computers
• TI Logo was developed at the MIT Logo Group. Work started in 1978. It was tested at the Lamp-
lighter School, Dallas, Texas, in 1979, and released in 1981. The 99/4 computer was a commercial
failure, but it was crucially important to Logo history because it allowed a version of Logo that
included a graphics coprocessor that, in addition to the usual graphics, introduced sprites (32 color
graphic elements of 16x16 pixels). Each sprite could be moved on-screen and manipulated as a
single entity. TI Logo used the sprites, and introduced the tell command:
tell 12
setspeed 100
to send a message to sprite 12. This was a first small step in the direction of object oriented
programming in personal computer Logo. (There was also a standard turtle with a pen.) TI built the
sprite chip to support animation for video games, but it also allowed multiple-turtle animation in
Logo as a fourth microworld (after natural language, turtle geometry, and the dynaturtle (Section
5.2)), even on non-TI computers with a sprite chip add-on. Eventually, computers became fast
enough to support animation without special hardware.
• 1981 also saw two versions of Logo for the Apple II. One, from the MIT Logo Group, was
licensed to a few companies, most notably Terrapin, which went on to develop versions for other
machines and, as of 2020, is still actively developing its version of Logo [Terrapin 2020a,b] and
selling floor turtles to use with it. The second Apple version, released as the official Apple Logo,
was developed by LCSI. Its design was a deliberate rethinking of personal computer Logo, based
on MIT PDP-11 Logo rather than on the earlier microcomputer versions. LCSI, too, went on to
produce many further versions of Logo, including a Sprite Logo for the Apple II that came with an
add-on circuit board with the TI sprite chip.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Speaking of the acknowledgment of the historical importance of the TI LOGO even by prominent computer scientsts, it is nice to recall that:

1. the 99/4 and Apple II are the two examples of "small computers" capable of running LOGO mentioned in Mindstorms boo, the seminal book about LOGO written by Seymout Papert himself (he is the most known among the LOGO inventors)
  2. the TI LOGO manual (the one distributed with TI LOGO 2) was written by Hal Abelson (the author of one of the most important books about fundamentals of programming)

• Like 2

Part of the reason I like to read about pioneering computers is that the people who make them are geniuses.

An interview with Hal Abelson from 2007.

https://www.computerworld.com/article/2552982/the-grill--mit-professor-hal-abelson-on-the-hot-seat.html

An interesting story about the game "Dazzle Dart" that was made in the Logo lab (not written in Logo)

https://github.com/pdp11/Dazzle-Dart

https://gunkies.org/wiki/Dazzle_Dart

https://dl.acm.org/doi/pdf/10.1145/1216479.1216482

• Like 1

One interesting thing I've come across is a computer that was made by some TI engineers in France called the ExelVision EXL-100.

It can be run in mame with: ./mame exl100 exelogo 

• CPU: TMS 7020 at 4.9 Mhz[6]
  • Graphics chip: TMS 3556 (40 x 25 character text mode, 320 x 250 pixel graphics mode, 8 colors)
  • Sound: TMS 5220 (with speech synthesis in French)[6]
  • Storage: cartridge port, cassettes, optional floppy disk drive
  • Memory: 34KB RAM (2KB RAM + 32KB Shared VRAM), 4 to 32KB ROM[6

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/EXL_100

https://www.old-computers.com/museum/doc.asp?c=123

https://hackaday.com/2016/04/20/liberte-egalite-fraternite-azerty/   (picture of EXL100 with EXELOGO keyboard overlay)

It had a version of logo called EXELOGO which has some interesting features, multiple sprites that can be given speeds.  I don't think the hardware had actual sprites, they must be done in software.

It's kind of fun to try to figure out the english equivalents of the keywords by hex dumping the rom.

There was a keyboard overlay, tapping the FCTN key then a letter would type the corresponding keyword for that letter.

FVIT = set speed  (faire vitesse)

EDFORME = edit sprite  (also FCTN h)

FFORME = set sprite     (also FCTN j)

PARLE = like TELL sprite

QUI = like WHO

ECRIS = print

TG = turn left

AVANCE/AV = forward

TD = turn right

RE = (reverse) backward

VE = home, clearscreen

ORIGINE = home

HASARD = random

MT = show turtle (mette tortue) show turtle

CT = cache la tortue (hide turtle)

LC = pen up (leve la crayon)

BC = pen down (baisse la crayon)

COMPTE = count # in list

ITEM = item in list

TAPE = type

LISCAR = get key

DONNE = make

FX = set X

FY = set Y

XCOR = xcoord

YCOR = ycoord

FPOS = setpos [ 10 10]

ESTAMPE = stamp sprite

I found a french manual for XLogo which has been pretty useful for the basic logo translations: http://xlogo.tuxfamily.org/fr/doc-fr.html

What's kind of cool is that XLogo has a built in code translator facility from/to different languages.

PRIM = list of all primitives

LlypTXW.png

built in sprite editor (EDFORME)

tCsPgwb.png

4 sprites (can move with a given speed with FVIT)

68wWWye.png

Edited by Golden Child
  • Like 5

On 4/15/2022 at 11:51 AM, pixelpedant said:

I really think if more people gave TI Logo a try, they would have realised how good it is as a tool for designing sprite and tile assets and dumping them to disk, and this would have made it the standard tool for doing that. 

But evidently Dramis and Urbanus realised this from the get-go!

In their interview in 99er, they said they  took the tumbling sprites “which we had done for Logo”.  I always imagined a bigger story behind that. 

My exposure to Logo was no more than reading 99er. 

One time, a friend typed in the Adventure game in 99er —I recall the illustrations, a knight mounted on a turtle? the issue with the wizard on the cover.

Anyhow my friend and I typed it in, surely with mistakes, and then couldn’t get it to work. No idea how to debug in Logo. 

So I missed out on knowing list processing. 

• Sad 1

On 11/17/2022 at 11:51 PM, Golden Child said:

Sound: TMS 5220 (with speech synthesis in French)[6]

No  not in French he does what we tell him to do, he is not specifically French.

On this model there is no TMS6021 rom which it can be in specific languages

There is a very good emulator for all Exelvision computers

http://dcexel.free.fr/    

jl

• Like 3

1 hour ago, humeur said:

No  not in French he does what we tell him to do, he is not specifically French.

On this model there is no TMS6021 rom which it can be in specific languages

There is a very good emulator for all Exelvision computers

http://dcexel.free.fr/    

jl

Merci beaucoup!

very nice site, with an exelogo manual in a djvu online format.  Will have to install a djvu plug in or something...

(I just realized that the butterfly is the logo for EXELVISION and they replaced the turtle with the butterfly.)

Edited by Golden Child

On 11/18/2022 at 6:53 AM, FarmerPotato said:

Anyhow my friend and I typed it in, surely with mistakes, and then couldn’t get it to work. No idea how to debug in Logo. 

I think debugging in logo isn't easy.  I was baffled for days before I realized that PR in TI Logo isn't a shortcut for PRINT (like in other logos) but PenReverse like xdrawing.  I always used PRINT to figure out where things go awry, and using PR made things not work at all!

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Golden Child said:

Merci beaucoup!

very nice site, with an exelogo manual in a djvu online format.  Will have to install a djvu plug in or something...

(I just realized that the butterfly is the logo for EXELVISION and they replaced the turtle with the butterfly.)

To play the djvu format, you need to install a DjVu player that can be easily found on the net.

Indeed the Turtle is not a turtle but a butterfly a nod to the company "s logo

JL

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Golden Child said:

I think debugging in logo isn't easy.  I was baffled for days before I realized that PR in TI Logo isn't a shortcut for PRINT (like in other logos) but PenReverse like xdrawing.  I always used PRINT to figure out where things go awry, and using PR made things not work at all!

It's like the basic between each machine often there are differences in better or worse for each of us.

JL

6 hours ago, humeur said:

To play the djvu format, you need to install a DjVu player that can be easily found on the net.

the viewer program on linux, djview4 wouldn't display it, but I could run djvudump on manuel-logo.djvu and using the output make a script with:

djvudump manuel-exelogo.djvu | awk -c '{print "sleep 10\n" "wget http://dcexel.free.fr/documentation/manuel-exelogo/"$3}'

Once I downloaded them all, djview4 worked and was able to convert to PDF.  I uploaded the PDF version to archive, it's a very good manual, answering a lot of questions about how each command works.

https://archive.org/details/exelogo_manual/mode/2up

Do we have a German manual for the German TI Logo 2? I've never cared about Logo, and after having a look in Wikipedia, this is really funny - every language seems to have its own command set. In particular, the Turtle is named Igel in German (like "ee-gal"), which is actually a hedgehog. In fact, turtle translates to Schildkröte (lit. "shield toad"), so they obviously picked another animal with a shorter name. :-D

• Haha 1

I think I have a photocopy of the work-in-progress manual for the German version of Logo 1.1 somewhere in my files. I'll see if I can dig it up. . .note that it is for standard TI Logo, not Logo II though. I don't think I have ever seen anything but the GRAM files for the German version of Logo II (I do have a physical cartridge of the German Logo 1.1 cartridge).

• Like 1

Fiddling with German Ti Logo, .HILFE = .HELP and lists pretty much all of the commands

It took me forever to figure out that

AN = TELL

AN IGEL = TELL TURTLE

AN FEE 1 = TELL SPRITE 1

Eventually, I realized that the keywords seem to be in the same order in the different versions so they should correspond 1:1 in the .HELP .HILFE .AIUTO order I think:

359340643_Screenshotfrom2022-11-2206-08-32.thumb.png.27fd3f0f27e15bf105e4bbc157c335f2.png1542475491_Screenshotfrom2022-11-2206-16-18.thumb.png.9d5e8c3eb40b738899ab3f076b064de1.png938656480_Screenshotfrom2022-11-2206-18-39.thumb.png.9e085920fcd03ea9a35e65f9c897f993.png

• Like 3

So if I run this code from the mame lua console:

[MAME]> for i = 0,767 do io.write(string.char(emu.item(manager.machine.devices[":vdp"].items["1/0-3fff"]):read(i))) if i%32==31 then print() end end

Then I can get a dump of the VDP screen as text.  Running .HELP and .HILDE and screendumping it, then removing any extra text, then running a diff on it

diff --side-by-side --width=44 tilogo_help.txt tilogo_hilfe.txt

I can make a translation table:

WELCOME TO TI LOGO! |	 WILLKOMMEN BEI TI L
 ?.HELP              |	 ?.HILFE            

BACK                |	 ZURUECK            
 BK                  |	 Z                  
 BACKGROUND          |	 HINTERGRUND        
 BG                  |	 HG                 
 BEEP                |	 TON                
 BOTH                |	 BEIDE              
 BUTLAST             |	 OHNELETZTES        
 BL                  |	 OL                 
 BUTFIRST            |	 OHNEERSTES         
 BF                  |	 OE                 
 NOBEEP              |	 KEINTON            
 CALL                |	 NENNE              
 COLORBACKGROUND     |	 HINTERGRUNDFARBE   
 CB                  |	 HF                 
 PT                  |	 LK                 
 PUTTILE             |	 LEGEKARTE          
 CHARNUM             |	 ZEICHENNUMMER      
 CN                  |	 ZN                 
 COLOR               |	 FARBE              
 ;                  	 ;                  
 CONTENTS            |	 NAMEN              
 CONTINUE            |	 WEITER             
 CLEARSCREEN         |	 LOESCHEBILD        
 CS                  |	 LB                 
 DEBUG               |	 VERBESSERE         
 DEFINE              |	 LERNE              
 DE                  |	 LE                 
 DIFFERENCE          |	 DIFFERENZ          
 -                  	 -                  
 EACH                |	 JEDES              
 EDIT               	 EDIT               
 EITHER              |	 EINES              
 ELSE                |	 SONST              
 END                 |	 ENDE               
 IS                  |	 GLEICH             
 =                  	 =                  
 FIRST               |	 ERSTES             
 F                   |	 E                  
 FORWARD             |	 VORWAERTS          
 FD                  |	 V                  
 FPUT                |	 MACHZUERST         
 FREEZE              |	 HALT               
 GO                  |	 SPRINGE            
 BYE                 |	 ADE                
 GREATER             |	 GROESSER           
 >                  	 >                  
 HEADING             |	 KURS               
 WHERE               |	 IGELSTAND          
 HIDETURTLE          |	 VERSTECKIGEL       
 HT                  |	 VI                 
 HOME                |	 MITTE              
 IF                  |	 WENN               
 IFF                 |	 WENNF              
 IFT                 |	 WENNW              
 JOY                 |	 FERNBEDIENUNG      
 ERASE               |	 TILGE              
 LAST                |	 LETZTES            
 LESS                |	 KLEINER            
 <                  	 <                  
 LOOKLIKE            |	 GESTALT            
 CARRY               |	 TRAGE              
 (                  	 (                  
 LPUT                |	 MACHZULETZT        
 LEFT                |	 LINKS              
 LT                  |	 L                  
 MAKE                |	 SETZE              
 MAKESHAPE           |	 BILDEFORM          
 MS                  |	 BF                 
 MAKECHAR            |	 BILDEZEICHEN       
 MC                  |	 BZ                 
 YOURNUMBER          |	 FEENUMMER          
 YN                  |	 FN                 
 NOT                 |	 NICHT              
 NUMBEROF            |	 NUMMER             
 NUMBER?             |	 NUMMER?            
 NOTURTLE            |	 IGELAUS            
 OUTPUT              |	 RUECKGABE          
 OP                  |	 RG                 
 PENDOWN             |	 STIFTAB            
 PD                  |	 SA                 
 PENERASE            |	 RADIERE            
 PE                  |	 RA                 
 PENREVERSE          |	 UMKEHRSTIFT        
 PR                  |	 US                 
 PENUP               |	 STIFTHOCH          
 PU                  |	 SH                 
 PO                  |	 GIB                
 PA                  |	 GA                 
 PN                  |	 GN                 
 PP                  |	 GT                 
 DOT                 |	 PUNKT              
 TYPE                |	 TIPPE              
 PRINTCHAR           |	 DRUCKZEI           
 PC                  |	 DZ                 
 PRINT               |	 DRUCK              
 PRODUCT             |	 PRODUKT            
 WORD?               |	 WORT?              
 QUOTIENT           	 QUOTIENT           
 /                  	 /                  
 RC?                 |	 TASTE?             
 READCHAR            |	 LIESTASTE          
 RC                  |	 LT                 
 READLINE            |	 EINGABE            
 RL                  |	 EG                 
 REPEAT              |	 WIEDERHOLE         
 )                  	 )                  
 RANDOM              |	 WUERFEL            
 RECALL              |	 LIES               
 RUN                 |	 ERG                
 RIGHT               |	 RECHTS             
 RT                  |	 R                  
 SAVE                |	 SCHREIB            
 SENTENCE            |	 SATZ               
 SE                  |	 SZ                 
 SETCOLOR            |	 SETZFARBE          
 SC                  |	 SF                 
 SETHEADING          |	 SETZKURS           
 SH                  |	 SK                 
 SETSPEED            |	 SETZTEMPO          
 SS                  |	 ST                 
 SV                  |	 STXY               
 SX                 	 SX                 
 SY                 	 SY                 
 SHAPE               |	 FORM               
 SHOWTURTLE          |	 ZEIGIGEL           
 ST                  |	 ZI                 
 SPEED               |	 TEMPO              
 SPRITE              |	 FEE                
 STOP                |	 RUECKKEHR          
 SXV                 |	 STX                
 SYV                 |	 STY                
 SXY                	 SXY                
 SUM                 |	 SUMME              
 +                  	 +                  
 TELL                |	 AN                 
 TEST                |	 TESTE              
 TEXT                |	 PRLISTE            
 THAW                |	 STARTE             
 THEN                |	 DANN               
 THING               |	 DING               
 TILE                |	 KARTE              
 THING?             	 THING?             
 TO                  |	 PR                 
 TURTLE              |	 IGEL               
 TRACEBACK           |	 PROTOKOLL          
 TB                  |	 PK                 
 WAIT                |	 WARTE              
 WHO                 |	 WER                
 WORD                |	 WORT               
 XCOR                |	 XKOR               
 YCOR                |	 YKOR               
 XVEL                |	 TX                 
 YVEL                |	 TY                 
 SETVOICE            |	 SETZTON            
 SETVOLUME           |	 SETZLAUT           
 SETTEMPO            |	 SETZTONTEMPO       
 STACCATO           	 STACCATO           
 LEGATO             	 LEGATO             
 CHROMATIC           |	 CHROMATISCH        
 MAJOR               |	 DUR                
 NOTE               	 NOTE               
 MUSIC               |	 MUSIK              
 DRUM                |	 TROMMEL            
 REST                |	 PAUSE              
 PLAYMUSIC           |	 SPIELMUSIK         
 PM                  |	 SM                 
 LOOPMUSIC           |	 WIEDERHOLEMUSIC    
 PLAYNOTE            |	 SPIELNOTE          
 BIG                 |	 GROSS              
 SMALL               |	 KLEIN              
 SIZE                |	 GROESSE            
 REVERSE             |	 VERTAUSCHE         
 ROTATE              |	 VERDREHE           
 LENGTH              |	 LAENGE             
 TRUE                |	 RICHTIG            
 FALSE               |	 FALSCH             
 .HELP               |	 .HILFE             
 .GC                 |	 .RS                
 .NODES              |	 .FREI              
 PRINTOUT            |	 AUFLISTEN          
 ?_                  |	 ?           

• Like 5

To see if I could find something interesting on Logo in German, I searched google on "VERSTECKIGEL".

There's a bunch of links, the ones I found most interesting were a manual for a Genius TableTop Black Magic CX learning laptop that has a Logo language built-in.  Even though it isn't specifically for TI logo, it does offer some clues as to the naming of commands:  PR is short for PROZEDUR

Turns out that vtech made a lot of learning laptops with Logo.

https://randoc.wordpress.com/2020/08/05/vtech-logo-computers/

And a TI Magazine that has a "translation" Logo program.

http://bromosel.99er.net/download/tirevue-scans/tirevue_02-1986.pdf  "Der Igel Lernt Deutsch"

And a translation matrix for various versions of logo (not TI though):

https://archive.org/details/Happy.Computer.N16.1985.02-KCz/page/n129/mode/2up

Edited by Golden Child
  • Like 3

3 hours ago, Golden Child said:

And a TI Magazine that has a "translation" Logo program.

http://bromosel.99er.net/download/tirevue-scans/tirevue_02-1986.pdf  "Der Igel Lernt Deutsch"

This is actually a tutorial text how to build a German command set using DEFINE on the English TI Logo 2. I suppose the German TI Logo 2 was officially released by TI.

5 hours ago, mizapf said:

This is actually a tutorial text how to build a German command set using DEFINE on the English TI Logo 2. I suppose the German TI Logo 2 was officially released by TI.

@mizapf, I don't think it was actually released, although it was in the last phase of development at the time TI pulled out of the market. The German Logo 1.1 cartridge never made it past the prototype stage. The GRAM files for Logo II in German exist, but I have never seen either the manual or a physical cartridge for it. I wonder if Dr. Arnim Toelke is still around, as he noted having a draft of the German Logo III manual in the TI Revue article. . .which I suspect was actually for Logo II.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1