IGNORED

2022 Portland Retro Gaming Expo - October 14-16, 2022!

On 5/2/2022 at 9:49 AM, ColecoGamer said:

I would love to attend PRGE, but unfortunately my work schedule is very unpredictable. I’m basically on call all the time.

It’s a shame something like PRGE couldn’t come to the East Coast. I don’t believe there are any classic gaming shows here.

Put one in Portland, Maine and you don't even have to come up with a new name!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• 3 weeks later...
3 hours ago, Killerwatts said:

the "events" list is currently empty - can anyone give me a guess as to what sort of activities go on here? Is this more of a swap meet, or more like PAX? I haven't been, and will need some more info to trick, uh, convince my wife that we should go ;)

You can find the 2019 Program here.  

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
11 minutes ago, SearsRoebuck said:

Question - the games listed as debuting there (ie Pac Man 40th, Popeye, etc) will they be available regular in the Store after the Portland Gaming Expo has ended?  

Yes, they will all be available in the store two weeks or so after the show.  

..Al

• Like 3

21 hours ago, Albert said:

Yes, they will all be available in the store two weeks or so after the show.  

..Al

Oh one more I meant to ask - has the Pokey/Hokey/PokeyOne (wasn't sure what will be used) shortage been solved? I wanted to at some point get Bentley Bear but since it is a Pokey only cart, I have been out of luck. 

• 3 weeks later...

Considering going to this....unfortunately the Hyatt is sold out.

Which hotel is better? As in clean, nice, close to convention center, etc.?

We are looking at Crown Plaza or The Inn???

We just booked the Inn. See ya all there!!!

Edited by Machine
  • Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

The list of PRGE 2022 speakers was updated: https://www.retrogamingexpo.com/speakers.php  I see @Albert at the bottom of that list! Cool!  I know @Nathan Strum has a theory that Al has cloned himself, so I hope Nathan is coming to PRGE this year to help me verify this: if Al is speaking at a session and behind the counter of his booth at the same time, then Nathan has been right all along. Personally, my theory is that Al has a few Christmas elves working for him during Santa's off-season.

Anyway, last PRGE there were some really good sessions; I remember there was one about N64 homebrew development, where I learned the trick of using a Wifi-enabled SD card for homebrew development, which I'm still using in my Harmony cartridge today. And a session by Pamela Smith who worked at Atari in the '80s on marketing (promotion/packaging design) and had some cool stories to tell.

I just found all sessions were recorded: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLYpYKqQxNZQB-p1pZyo517qYcjKsxiJsZ

• Like 4

27 minutes ago, Thomas Jentzsch said:
1 hour ago, Dionoid said:

I remember there was one about N64 homebrew development, where I learned the trick of using a Wifi-enabled SD card for homebrew development, which I'm still using in my Harmony cartridge today.

Like this?

Exactly, haha. And I see you posted that 4 months prior to PRGE 2019!   I think at that time I wasn't following the "Atari 2600 > Harmony Cart" forum; only after I was trying to get WebDAV running on my FlashAir card, I found your post via a Google search :)

Anyway, I like how listening to these sessions, even if they don't seem to be useful at first, can bring you onto new ideas or insights.

Edited by Dionoid
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...

Sadly I've never gone to any video gaming expo with AtariAge was at or ever got to Portland Retro Gaming Expo as Im always had to pay both rent and bills every month out of my state check and have no real job. Too late to do any crowd funding and even if I go still cant save enough to get any stuff from ther but it is cool to see some of my box art works at the AtariAge table.