IGNORED

HSC19 R6: MR ROBOT III / + SERPENTINE

"IT'S NOT NORMAL" I hear you cry but the crazy HSCers demanded it so here we go in our Easter spectacleaaaar...

MR ROBOT III/+ SERPENTINE

I'll leave it up to you to come up with the story!

Mr Robot III / Mr Robot +

mr_robot_3.png.a2ca19b2593098ee0a7183692f456365.pngmr_robot_plus.png.0460f8f892c1b69f279a1c39f0bc6894.png

Mr Robot III (levels by Krzysztof Orlop 2002)

Press [Option] and load levels from the robot factory 'disk' menu.

https://a8.fandal.cz/detail.php?files_id=6596

Mr Robot+ with Goochman's and my "Kendallsoft" fiendish levels!

https://a8.fandal.cz/detail.php?files_id=6013

Rules is rules:

[most of this from last time we played Mr. Robot]

We'll play for levels completed :idea:

Anyone who has won a round this season or has completed the original game before: play from the start (level A) each time - no practicing screens, no skipping screens.

everyone else:  use [Select] [F3] to skip over screens that are too difficult. Keep a track of which ones you have completed e.g. Screen A, B, E, G, M etc.

In  Mr Robot Plus, the screens are by goochman and myself. Fandal kindly made them into a proper game - and no I don't have an advantage, as it was a long time ago and I didn't play them seriously, seriously!

There are three sets of 26 levels, top players start from A on each set, other players can start on each screen individually (there is no level skip in game). Use the joystick to select the starting level. I would say the "Unknown" levels are easier and some of mine are real stinkers including the first level on Vol.1 :-o Press [Select] [F3] after each go to return to the menu,

post-19705-0-04360200-1486298689_thumb.pngpost-19705-0-60408000-1486298833_thumb.png

Hope this makes sense and will let everyone enjoy the games :)

BONUS POINTS FOR ANYONE WHO CREATES ANY NEW MR.ROBOT LEVELS - POSSIBLY 1 PT PER LEVEL DEPENDING ON HOW MANY YOU CREATE THAT GET THE HSC THUMBSUP.  BE SURE TO MAKE THE DISK IMAGE R/W IF USING EMULATOR OR THEY WILL NOT BE SAVED. WILL SAVE ONTO A BLANK FORMATTED DISK IF YOU NEED ANY HELP POST HERE :!:

Serpentine

serpentine.png.da49939502c0f7632391a6c143787dda.png

Played only once before in the HSC? Serpentine is a quality snake game: Bite the enemy worm serpent's tail; frogs and other things that appear are tasty bonuses [select = pause & Shows Hi-Score Table] Hey this game needs 8k to run :cool: Good tips in the atarimania review. Takes a few goes to figure out.

https://a8.fandal.cz/detail.php?files_id=2967

http://www.atarimania.com/game-atari-400-800-xl-xe-serpentine_6595.html

Have fun !

Round will end at some point in the future, well it would wouldn't it?

Edited by therealbountybob
Create some Mr R. levels for bonus points!
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 4/16/2022 at 1:05 PM, Deteacher said:

Mr.  Robot III:  Unable to F3 to select levels.  If I start the game up normally, I get the standard "retail" levels.  Help, please?

Mr. Robot Plus:  F3 works properly...I see where TRBB got the inspiration for some of his levels....especially in volume 2.  :)

Load the level set from the disk option on the factory screen [Option]

then click on play and it will work!

2033975689_MRR_III.png.c2cad2f36af4865d8183f23cf055b702.png1782607979_MRR.IIILevelB.png.87429eeb167b6b6eaeed2af121ba03de.png

• Thanks 1

So on the version with levels by Krzysztof Orlop, we go to the level editor, load one level at a time, play it and when we cleared the level, load the next one from disk? Advanced players load levels in alphabetical order, others can choose to load a level, look at it and decide to load a different one? We never play the game on that version since playing the game would feature default levels.

Edit: Oh well, it seems enough to load the first level into the level editor for the game to play through all the custom levels on that one.

Edited by carlsson
  • Like 2

10 hours ago, therealbountybob said:

I would say the "Unknown" levels are easier and some of mine are real stinkers including the first level on Vol.1

Amen to both of those statements, brother! You can recognize a TRBB game on its near impossible levels, regardless if it is one of his own games or something he created in a level editor for an existing game. I suppose you don't work commercially as a level designer in the games industry, in that case people would send you mail bombs by now.

Mr. Robot III (Krzysztof Orlop) - reached level D (this one seems to skip level A and start directly on B?)

Kendallsoft Vol 1: level A (got nearly nowhere)

Kendallsoft Vol 2: level A (got a little bit into the level, but not enough to clear it)

Unknown: level B (easier, funny designs, might be the one I play multiple times)

• Like 2

Ok, let's get this party started:

Mr. Robot

VOL 1:  completed A-D

Unknown:  completed A-D

In both cases I managed to get 'stuck' at the top of an escalator that would bring me up and then drop me and wouldn't let me break the cycle!

For VOL 1 I definitely did *not* do those levels all in one game.  I won't start a level until I beat the previous level though, and right now D E vexes me :)

Serpentine

57,400, level 8

By gar its been awhile!

Serpentine.thumb.jpg.0177e657f0de401f82d107c32b513162.jpg

Edited by 8BIT 1337
  • Like 3

On 4/16/2022 at 10:06 PM, carlsson said:

Amen to both of those statements, brother! You can recognize a TRBB game on its near impossible levels, regardless if it is one of his own games or something he created in a level editor for an existing game. I suppose you don't work commercially as a level designer in the games industry, in that case people would send you mail bombs by now.

:grin:

really should have put them in some sort of order - I just released them and fandal created the game disk. Would be nice if someone makes Critter's Soft's "Mr Robot III" here into a straight game too.

Should have some decent Atari time this week so looking forward to playing all the games.

On 4/16/2022 at 9:30 PM, carlsson said:

So on the version with levels by Krzysztof Orlop, we go to the level editor, load one level at a time, play it and when we cleared the level, load the next one from disk? Advanced players load levels in alphabetical order, others can choose to load a level, look at it and decide to load a different one? We never play the game on that version since playing the game would feature default levels.

Edit: Oh well, it seems enough to load the first level into the level editor for the game to play through all the custom levels on that one.

Yes players can load each/any level and keep track of those they complete - it always re-starts the level so it has to be done in one life. (Top players start from A if course!)

Just starting out so far.  I haven't messed with the Mr. Robot ones yet but I'm looking forward to it.  Always liked the original game.

Just 7750 on Serpentine so far, but I'll give that one a lot more effort on the next try.  I remember having that game on cartridge many years ago, but it seems I don't have it anymore.  I never really played it back in the day, so I'm looking forward to that one too!

image.thumb.png.f9cfea15401542b5bca9a79a4712e3e2.png

Edited by Fres
  • Like 3

Had a session on Mr Robot III, yes the levels are not too tricky. Got through to I or possibly J (59,610).

Thinka new feature over the original is the shaded blocks, they can be jumped on /through. In Mr Robot II there was additonal codfing; on/off blocks and additional music. Think III is just a set of nice levels created on the robot factory screen [option] :thumbsup:

Photo3901.jpg.34e059dbe4c9c445e8351953fc043afc.jpg52246975_MrRobotIITitles.jpg.c7339348f587f75b30d0a422b35f1cd0.jpg2005952603_MrRobotIIA-Hcompleted.jpg.848e4542c8a715c8e29c1104d17c9bd3.jpg

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Deteacher said:

Mr. Robot Plus:  Volume 2:  A-D.  Suddenly, I have a strange urge to play Bounty Bob Strikes Back...;)

:thumbsup: :-D

A much better game of course but Mr R. is pretty decent top 4 platformer? DK, BBSB, Miner 2049 er...

What do you guys think about the best platformers we have, I think there is room some new ones/ports!

2nd tier platform games anyone?

Some nice levels on Mr R III when they get tricky around "I". playing them at full walking speed now more or less which is great fun.

A-J completed got to K, well it's B-J as it shows B for the first board - think this might be a bug with the construction set play :ponder:

Mr R III A-J completed 80,620

BONUS POINTS FOR ANYONE WHO CREATES ANY NEW MR.ROBOT LEVELS - POSSIBLY 1 PT PER LEVEL DEPENDING ON HOW MANY YOU CREATE THAT GET THE HSC THUMBSUP.  BE SURE TO MAKE THE DISK IMAGE R/W IF USING EMULATOR OR THEY WILL NOT BE SAVED. WILL SAVE ONTO A BLANK FORMATTED DISK IF YOU NEED ANY HELP POST HERE :!:

1376277105_MrRobotIIIA-K.jpg.25204ce174afdf88bdcc7800f94f5481.jpg

• Like 1

• The topic was unpinned