Jump to content
IGNORED

Onyx All In Bundle only $99.99 on GameStop


The Historian
 Share

Recommended Posts

My order switched back to "Preparing for shipment".

Did anybody one else have their order updated?

 

Edit: I saw the other posts just now. My browser was being weird.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I can still see my order in PayPal under authorized/pending however when I called GameStop they said there was an error in their system that prevented the order from completing and so they're refunding me.  They said they would honor the price if I refurchased the bundle again from them but as they're sold out I am out of luck.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

My order has changed to SHIPPED and I have a tracking number.  Delivery date shows tomorrow.  I missed out on the initial sales of these and bought mine late night on April 20.  It looks like I'm getting my VCS!

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, MScottson said:

I can still see my order in PayPal under authorized/pending however when I called GameStop they said there was an error in their system that prevented the order from completing and so they're refunding me.  They said they would honor the price if I refurchased the bundle again from them but as they're sold out I am out of luck.

What the....?! They did the same thing to me! I used PayPal and my credit card (which has my old address as a billing address). Just got an email saying that because the addresses didn't match they couldn't "verify" the order and they cancelled it. Ridiculous. It's PayPal - it's already verified.

 

Oh well. Lame but so be it. I wonder if that triggers right before it's going to ship, as several people have said theirs has shipped now.....grrr.

  • Sad 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Final followup from me - my VCS arrived today from Gamestop!  Only two days after I got the "Shipped" notification.  Looking forward to testing this thing out in the days to come.

  • Like 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

The VCS is back up to a full price of $399 at Gamestop but out of stock. So the doom and gloom naysayers can shut up now. I guess they’re sticking around at Gamestop after all. Maybe they’re working on a VCS slim model or an Atari VCS 2.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 4
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Heh since we seem to be living in crazytown over at Gamestop (thank you by the way, killer deals!) maybe it's time to FINALLY bring out that Gamestop Exclusive VCS with the stripes. :)

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Djmicklovin said:

The VCS is back up to a full price of $399 at Gamestop but out of stock. So the doom and gloom naysayers can shut up now. I guess they’re sticking around at Gamestop after all. Maybe they’re working on a VCS slim model or an Atari VCS 2.

Congrats to everyone that snagged one for $99.  Happy gaming!

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 4/30/2022 at 4:12 AM, Lan Di said:

I got my VCS today. I still can't believe I scored this $400 console/hybrid system for only 99 bucks!  ?

20220429_135653.jpg

Its a good thing the main Atari box is wrapped in a bag.

Mine came on Saturday and got rained on until I got back on Sunday night.

The tape was holding 1/4" of water on the top of the box.

 

The inside packaging is nice, Easy open brown boxes with neat printing.

I'm glad they didn't go Xbox Series X and make a 5 pound flip top box that most people will only ever open once.

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

51 minutes ago, Razzie.P said:

Console fat shaming has clearly gotten out of hand.

Does my PS2 look big to you??

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 5/1/2022 at 11:46 AM, Djmicklovin said:

The VCS is back up to a full price of $399 at Gamestop but out of stock. So the doom and gloom naysayers can shut up now. I guess they’re sticking around at Gamestop after all. Maybe they’re working on a VCS slim model or an Atari VCS 2.

Or, GameStop has no intention of ever stocking a money loser like the VCS again, but as a favor to Atari raised the price back up so other retailers don’t look silly asking $400 for an item GameStop has listed for $100. 
Don’t get me wrong, I don’t really think that’s the case, but it’s far more realistic than the expectation of a slim model or VCS 2. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, jesusc said:

Or, GameStop has no intention of ever stocking a money loser like the VCS again, but as a favor to Atari raised the price back up so other retailers don’t look silly asking $400 for an item GameStop has listed for $100. 
Don’t get me wrong, I don’t really think that’s the case, but it’s far more realistic than the expectation of a slim model or VCS 2. 

Oh really so you run Gamestop? Why would they raise the price back up if they don’t plan to restock the VCS? That doesn’t make any sense… If they were done with the VCS they would have removed it from the website.

 

Or maybe because their 50th anniversary is coming and they’re working on a special edition VCS for Gamestop. Not that crazy of an idea…

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Congrats for y'all that got it at 99.

 

Just picked one up on eBay for ~200 and ordered 16gb of faster RAM and a 500gb m.2 from amazon.  I'll tinker with "Atari OS", but it's just gonna be my daily (stylish) Linux box. Hopefully the upgrade goes smooth.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

30 minutes ago, suspicious_milk said:

Congrats for y'all that got it at 99.

 

Just picked one up on eBay for ~200 and ordered 16gb of faster RAM and a 500gb m.2 from amazon.  I'll tinker with "Atari OS", but it's just gonna be my daily (stylish) Linux box. Hopefully the upgrade goes smooth.

One thing to consider, while you have it open, is to add a bit of thermal paste to the CPU.
 

I am definitely not practiced at hardware upgrades but found the process to be pretty straightforward. The most confusing part to me was releasing the ribbon cables for the front USB ports but I eventually figured it out.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, stirrell said:

One thing to consider, while you have it open, is to add a bit of thermal paste to the CPU.
 

I am definitely not practiced at hardware upgrades but found the process to be pretty straightforward. The most confusing part to me was releasing the ribbon cables for the front USB ports but I eventually figured it out.

Yeppers.  I've plenty of good thermal paste and am very experienced in this sort of upgrade.  I'm not too aweful experienced in upclocking RAM, but found a good YT video specifically for doing so on the VCS.  I just hope I can figure out the Firmware password (I understand some have had issues with that).

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...