IGNORED

The unfinished and unreleased sequel to Zero Tolerence has been finished and is getting released

Steven Pendleton

On 4/25/2022 at 1:52 AM, Austin said:

I think this was before your time here Tanooki, but the owner was a regular poster here on this forum ages ago and frequently made himself out to be a complete tool. Find the old Game Gavel thread for a shining example, heh. I am glad he's found success with his business, but based on past actions here, it's not one I am willing to support. Plenty of other companies I can give my money to.

Hmm no I remember the game gavel stuff.  I've known Eli for a very long time, not quite sure anymore where I first bumped into him but I helped him get a few things off the ground early on when it came to getting some letters done in trying to (and succeeding) in netting that deal he got with the Wisdom Tree licensing.  Back then his english having been from south of the border was spotty at best.  He tried quite hard for years with fingers everywhere and some times was annoying but part of it I could tell was cultural as much as desperately trying to succeed.  A few of his early tactics would have come off as pushy, forward, and depending where you fall on it, shady if you were on the losing end of him scooping up a prototype from the public circle but nothing was ever done in malice or less than above board.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

@-^CrossBow^- Honestly I don't know anymore.  A good many months back was last I looked and the percent meter never hit 100% sold through or near it.

https://store.strictlylimitedgames.com/products/cotton-reboot-nsw-preorder?_pos=4&_sid=4881fb6b5&_ss=r

Now it shows no percent, but still lists it as a preorder with the original price and talking about shipping in October so it looks like they flipped it off from a year ago.  That would be around when they had their other hand ININ just sell the game outright on amazon.  I have no idea if they ever did get their 3000 units required sold before they'd do their so called limited run.

9 hours ago, Tanooki said:

@-^CrossBow^- Honestly I don't know anymore.  A good many months back was last I looked and the percent meter never hit 100% sold through or near it.

https://store.strictlylimitedgames.com/products/cotton-reboot-nsw-preorder?_pos=4&_sid=4881fb6b5&_ss=r

Now it shows no percent, but still lists it as a preorder with the original price and talking about shipping in October so it looks like they flipped it off from a year ago.  That would be around when they had their other hand ININ just sell the game outright on amazon.  I have no idea if they ever did get their 3000 units required sold before they'd do their so called limited run.

Hmm... well obviously I have a pre-order in for it and when I check the status it just shows as being a pre-order and nothing else. But then Darius took over a year and honestly, I'm kinda used to it between Limited Run, SLG, Paprium... Kinda a shock when I received some of the more recent ones as quickly as I did.

• Like 1

On 4/28/2022 at 8:58 AM, -^CrossBow^- said:

Hmm... well obviously I have a pre-order in for it and when I check the status it just shows as being a pre-order and nothing else. But then Darius took over a year and honestly, I'm kinda used to it between Limited Run, SLG, Paprium... Kinda a shock when I received some of the more recent ones as quickly as I did.

That's pretty bad time wise and getting numb to it.  I'd have been more chill about it, had they not just attempted to keep the money while having ININ publish the game for sale on amazon while leaving SLG orders twisting in the wind with no end in sight.  With the ININ release out there the standard package release the odds someone will pay to wait for...?  Didn't seem like a smart move.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/29/2022 at 4:31 PM, Tanooki said:

That's pretty bad time wise and getting numb to it.  I'd have been more chill about it, had they not just attempted to keep the money while having ININ publish the game for sale on amazon while leaving SLG orders twisting in the wind with no end in sight.  With the ININ release out there the standard package release the odds someone will pay to wait for...?  Didn't seem like a smart move.

@Tanooki I received my email from SLG this morning telling me my copy of the Cotton Guardian Force Saturn Tribute for the PS4 I ordered sometime back has shipped and should be arriving sometime next week. So yeah, these things take a bit of time but both LRG and SLG have always eventually delivered.

8 hours ago, -^CrossBow^- said:

@Tanooki I received my email from SLG this morning telling me my copy of the Cotton Guardian Force Saturn Tribute for the PS4 I ordered sometime back has shipped and should be arriving sometime next week. So yeah, these things take a bit of time but both LRG and SLG have always eventually delivered.

Have fun with the 9~10 frames of input lag on that one. City Connection really messed up the emulation on that thing.

• Sad 1

5 minutes ago, Steven Pendleton said:

Have fun with the 9~10 frames of input lag on that one. City Connection really messed up the emulation on that thing.

Speaking from personal experience on this. I've not really seen much of anything talking about it and again, I pre-ordered it at least a year ago I think?

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, -^CrossBow^- said:

Speaking from personal experience on this. I've not really seen much of anything talking about it and again, I pre-ordered it at least a year ago I think?

It was around 10-11 frames of lag at release (and it was worse on Switch). They patched it and now it's somewhere in the 9-10 frames range. Yeah, it's bad.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Old news by now, but Piko showed up at Sega-16 to answer some questions: https://www.sega-16.com/forum/showthread.php?35936-Zero-Tolerance-Origins-SLG&p=885014&viewfull=1#post885014

Sounds like Underground was a set of fully completed bonus levels that were going to be included on a Sega CD port, and they're planning on releasing a finished Beyond Zero Tolerance as a separate product later on.

No word on multiplayer yet.

Edited by Asaki

• 2 weeks later...

Wanted to do a quick update as I've now received both Cotton Tribute and Adventure Cotton 100%. 

Honestly I'm not really perceiving any lag in the games when I play them? I do know that Cotton Tribute applied a patch pretty much instantly and it has been quite fun to play! I'm glad I ordered it.

Cotton 100% arrived in my mailbox yesterday and I played it quite a bit last night. Also no perceived lag that I can really tell on my setup and it too is a lot of fun to play. I don't think that between the two, that Cotton 100% had a LOT less time devoted to the release because it basically lacks any real content and even the menu options for it are pretty basic. It does have save states and rewind ability if you play on the non challenge modes. But having never played it before, It has been really fun so far!