IGNORED

Season 12 ~ MAJOR LEAGUE ~ 3 Strikes Knockout Tourny

Vocelli

@Vocelli - How are games going to be selected for week #2?

Are you using the same batch of games already submitted or will you be requesting new games?

If getting new lists, is the next game still selected by the top 4 scores from the season or is it going to somehow be based on week #1 results?

I'm really liking that players are choosing games rather than the random draw we've done previously.  While I'm not thrilled about Gravitar being selected, I think it was a very smart choice for the players who selected it.

• Like 1

I can not control Gravitar to save my life. I made it to the second solar system, which I was happy about, but then I went onto a planet which demanded precise control and absolute knowledge of the sorcery it takes to steer this thing. Well, it doesn’t let you leave (I don’t think it does), so there is where I stayed. Forever. In dark cold space. Fun fact: the game just quit on me before my lives were gone. I suppose it understood I had lost my will to live. *edit- I just realized it’s probably bc I ran out of fuel, haha. 

Oh dear... 12,750

26690113-DD6E-47E6-8C1D-2DC94F67D916.thumb.jpeg.09e46e57eda1b019bc20be6fc7242c00.jpeg

Edited by fakecortex
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 2

Thanks @Skippy B. Coyote  For what it’s worth, I made it to the second solar system again and increased my score by 50 points! Hahaha. This time it was the bottom right planet, and I laughed out loud when I saw how I was being asked to move my hunk of junk. Weird thing is, I scored higher during the original round (not by much) and I was struggling on the computer. I must’ve hit a few extra UFOs. 

G*RAVITAR - 12,800 & 2 strikes :lol: :dunce:

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, kermit73 said:

@Vocelli - How are games going to be selected for week #2?

Are you using the same batch of games already submitted or will you be requesting new games?

If getting new lists, is the next game still selected by the top 4 scores from the season or is it going to somehow be based on week #1 results?

I'm really liking that players are choosing games rather than the random draw we've done previously.  While I'm not thrilled about Gravitar being selected, I think it was a very smart choice for the players who selected it.

~ New lists will be submitted.

~ The TOP 4 Ranked players who have not been eliminated will submit lists. Both Gravitar and Super Breakout cannot be submitted again.

My only decision now is whether the next round will be:

1 Game 2 Strikes

2 Games 2 Strikes

1 Game 1 Strike.

So people won't lose interest.... I don't want this Tourny to last too long 

Edited by Vocelli
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, fakecortex said:

Thanks @Skippy B. Coyote  For what it’s worth, I made it to the second solar system again and increased my score by 50 points! Hahaha. This time it was the bottom right planet, and I laughed out loud when I saw how I was being asked to move my hunk of junk. Weird thing is, I scored higher during the original round (not by much) and I was struggling on the computer. I must’ve hit a few extra UFOs. 

G*RAVITAR - 12,800 & 2 strikes :lol: :dunce:

My best advice for Gravitar is to never fully press the joystick in any direction, just give it very light taps in the direction you want to go and constantly turn around to tap the opposite direction when you need to adjust. Remember there's no time limit so take it as slow as humanly possible through tight corridors. You'll get there when you get there, just be ready to tap downward to bring up your shields when the enemy turrets are firing at you.

The little pink planet in the lower right of the second solar system is the game ender and the one you really have to master the controls for, so I always save it for last. Learning to navigate that super tight maze in the dark when the lights go out on the third loop is going to be the difference between getting a really good score or not. For my 180K score I got through that maze in the dark twice by tapping the fire button non-stop to illuminate my surroundings, and then thankfully the lights came back on in the 5th loop... though at that point I was too low on lives to get through it again.

I think that's about all the advice I've got for Gravitar! Even with zero gravity on Game 5 it's still a darn tough game, but if you take it extra slow and aren't in a hurry to get anywhere it can be manageable :)

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

6189B864-A140-43EE-984A-D3EB56AA3DA0.thumb.jpeg.c6b0037c4ce5af533279aedc0f53c21d.jpeg

HO LEY

CRAP

I think I actually have this game figured out. (As long as there’s no gravity, lol.) I do wonder if it’s easier with a gamepad than a joystick.

I fought back from one life at least three separate times. What did me in in the end was a planet in the second system I normally don’t have trouble with, the one with all of the fuel tanks. I started the system with 5 lives and screwed up in different ways three time and then the turrets on the left that were going crazy took me out the other times.

• Like 7

Super Breakout

Game #5: 3957 (posted earlier)

Game #7: 2343

Total: 6300

Gravitar: 111100

Playing Gravitar is about as much fun as driving in rush hour traffic.  It takes forever to get anywhere and you'll crash if you stop paying attention or go too fast.

image.thumb.jpeg.39c627617ecb8c0e3b990e3cd70bc167.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.11c296069b7debc933ed50ade1d37515.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Big improvement in Gravitar. I thought my first game would be enough to see me safely over the strike line, but people have hit some great scores that meant now I wasn't so sure. So I've had  another go at this that I think should leave me safe on this one, albeit frustratingly  just a few hundred points short of the fabulous effort from @jgkspsx . Now I need to try and improve on super breakout, as I'm in real danger of falling the wrong side of the line on that one.

Gravitar (1983) (Atari)_5.png

• Like 6