IGNORED

Back to our regularly scheduled programming...Just talkin' toys now!

eightbit

17 hours ago, eightbit said:

Let's just say that Transformers (amongst other things) have been my jam for a very long time ;)

I've never seriously collected them as an adult. I've thought many times about getting back all the ones I had as a kid but since I'm old now so they were all G1 stuff that isn't cheap haha. I had a LOT of them since my mom worked for a toy store haha, it would be a near impossible quest! 

I like soundwave, I got blaster since he's a boombox too but meh, can take it or leave it. I'd like an Overlord to go with my Godmaster. Megatron in some form...maybe a masterpiece prime, Dinobots would be rad... I don't know...like I said, mostly impulse buys...

20220512_215907.thumb.jpg.21b074cce32191d623afb71a1601061f.jpg

20220512_215852.thumb.jpg.8c5aad8d2f183e8e96d003540d183d12.jpg

I'm also really into these Gundam model kits...never had any as a kid, I just think they're neat...

20220512_215756.thumb.jpg.f29faab70cb0d53f00cc39eb86aac3a8.jpg

16 hours ago, eightbit said:

Indeed. My mom used to buy them for me since they were a "budget" toy. I currently have a few on card, a few loose, the snake base, and some other Starriors stuff...the four comics that were released too! 

16 hours ago, Bratwurst said:

Don't see Starriors stuff that often.

I had the comics!! Honestly had no idea the toys even existed haha ? 

• Like 3

I enjoy the Gundam models but the series always eluded me. I could go find it now, obviously, but I never grew up with it and it's not something I can motivate myself to go find per se.

I think the only reason I like the Gundam robots is because of Jetfire. Most TF fans that don't know Gundam Wing and Macross will attest to that! ?

Edited by ClassicGMR
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, ClassicGMR said:

I enjoy the Gundam models but the series always eluded me. I could go find it now, obviously, but I never grew up with it and it's not something I can motivate myself to go find per se.

I think the only reason I like the Gundam robots is because of Jetfire. Most TF fans that don't know Gundam Wing will attest to that! ?

Ha, totally... Yeah I was "aware" of the model kits back in the 80s, a local hobby shop here had a few of them. I would drool over them semi regularly but never did get any (as you likely know japan imported stuff was CRAZY expensive back then before internet/ebay) Now you can even buy them at Target, most are $10 to $20 bucks for the HG 1/144 stuff. Very reasonable...

I never watched the series either but I have seen the first 3 movies. They're pretty good but are in Japanese so you have to watch with subtitles. There is an English dub available but supposedly its so bad that Bandai wants it erased from history (think along the lines of the star wars  Christmas special haha) I guess they have really thick English accents and call it the "Gun Damn" ? 

I have a Shogun Warriors "Daimos" large scale robot. Sadly I didn't keep the box, but somehow managed to keep the actual toy intact and in great shape even though I got it in 1979 when I was 7. I somehow cherished it and babied it. I destroyed a sea of 12 inch GI Joes, 1970s Star Wars action figures, Tonka/Nylint Buddy L vehicles, etc..

I don't have the box though. :( It was in my brother's care (bipolar) for a few years, and he put out some cigarettes on it so it has a few burnt spots. Same day I got my Shogun Warrior, he got a large Alien (1979) figure. Both survive, though his Alien has been hacked up a tad.

shogun_daimos_mib_1.jpgmqdefault.jpg

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Tanooki said:

So is this a sell only or because you like toys, G1 in particular you also trade/buy them?

It began as a sale thread for a Megatron I was selling, which was sold.

Now it has taken on different life. 

Perhaps a mod can move this thread please?

6 minutes ago, jd_1138 said:

I have a Shogun Warriors "Daimos" large scale robot. 

Oh hell yes! Shogun warriors!

I had Mazinga...with the box!!

Mazinga.jpg.73277dc158890eedd10e30700ef08edc.jpg

It was one of my "grandmas house" toys, was also in perfect shape except her dog chewed up one of the missiles ? 

I went to her house about 20+ years ago to hopefully acquire it back but she had donated it to a church rummage sale, doh!!

I wanted to buy another but they were pretty expensive even 20 years ago....I imagine they are quite a bit more now. Never had the Alien but was definitely aware of it, cool toy! 

4 minutes ago, eightbit said:

Sorry, might have been my fault on that one ? 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, eightbit said:

I think you have to ask @Albert to move the thread or report one of the posts to a mod / albert and ask to move it.

I got lucky a few months ago and scored a very nice Studio 86 Grimlock at work. We didn't carry it in our store (small D1 Walmart with a very small toy department) but it was returned from an on-line order. Claims put it on the shelf with a clearance tag for $20. I went on break and it was still there so I bought it. :)

grimlock.jpg

• Like 1

On 5/13/2022 at 10:30 PM, eightbit said:

Where would you move it?  You're right it's getting more muddy. :)

I only asked as I have a couple Voltron toys I'd maybe let go of, and I do have 2 complete G1 transformers I wouldn't mind re-homing either among other odds and ends as I'm letting go of more 80s/early 90s stuff like tmnt etc.  I'd rather have the money or a game I'd rather can't stomach paying up for in a swap.

On 5/13/2022 at 9:30 PM, eightbit said:

On 5/14/2022 at 12:02 AM, H454 said:

I think you have to ask @Albert to move the thread or report one of the posts to a mod / albert and ask to move it.

1 hour ago, Tanooki said:

Where would you move it?  You're right it's getting more muddy. :)

Bah, I would have kept it as a Megatron for sale thread and let it run its course. Its a like a secret club...

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Bought a loose G1 Megatron from someone here at AA like 8 years ago, as well as a G1 Shockwave in the box.

I also have the Masterpiece Megatron, have never taken it out of the box.

But that robotic Optimus Prime - I am so tempted by that, holy cow it looks awesome!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, thanatos said:

Bought a loose G1 Megatron from someone here at AA like 8 years ago, as well as a G1 Shockwave in the box.

I also have the Masterpiece Megatron, have never taken it out of the box.

But that robotic Optimus Prime - I am so tempted by that, holy cow it looks awesome!

I've watch a couple of YT reviews and the software updates seemed pretty good.

It' still controls best with app interface, but a remote controlled transformer that doesn't look like half-assed plastic garbage, is a child dream come true.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...