IGNORED

Back to our regularly scheduled programming...Just talkin' toys now!

eightbit

8 hours ago, ClassicGMR said:

You know I’m broke right? Stop showing me stuff my wife will kill me over! 

When’s it coming out? :D 

June 1.

But I'm going to wait awhile. I got Kinda burned with the Ecto-1 release. Came out at $199 and now it's $169.99 and free shipping at zavvi.com.

If you are at all interested in Lego, sign-up for the mailing list at zavvi.com. I got some screaming deals on a couple of technic sets.

https://us.zavvi.com/lego/all.list

3 hours ago, H454 said:

They had like 6 of the green truck (can't remeber what the name was.

Bulkhead. He’s from the Transformers: Prime series. Funny I just started re-watching it last night too. I really enjoyed the series but it’s not something I want the toys from. 

My $.02 on Hasbro's Transformers: the G1 re-releases are not terrible, and really quite well done.  Soundwave, in particular, has some major differences between the original and re-release.  The "War for Cybertron" releases are un-fekking-believable... I would have loved to had these toys as a kid.  I am also impressed with the large "Leader Class" releases, such as Skyfire/Jetfire.  I would have loved to picked up the Autobot City, but I invested in Unicron, instead.

Skyfire/Jetfire, with my original (missing all his armor and gun, sadly, but with a photo from my kid era.)

DSC00306.thumb.JPG.a5c7b5bb03a4e383629bfd7256179144.JPG

Unicron (in planet form.)

DSC00307.thumb.JPG.7123313d8b112fa82e185355fe24df53.JPG

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, thanatos said:

Kind of regret never getting Unicron when I saw them at Target and Walmart back in the day.  Thought it was to big to display properly, I should have tried to figure it out.

How big was the original?  This one stands about 28 inches in robot mode, something like 32 inches as a planet.

Since we're sharing, I still have the red space sheriff sharivan, and the new original Zoids from Japan, and the original 1981 GoLion(Voltron) too.  The other image, got rid of the super gobots except bugbite, and the 3 little guys in front are out too.

I popped in here remembering this when I saw it was active, and I had a lucky little $10 broken find that took some annoying hours to figure out and get a fix to stick, but I did... an old Japanese/US release of another Zoids, called Techno Zoids in the US.  Storm Tiger.  Got this at half price books and the battery box was well...with battery, blown on one end, nice blue/white crusty, it killed the metal long tab inside to create the bridge for the power to come off the negative on the battery.  This was a kit build, tore it down not having any instructions, then worked on it for awhile with some vinegar, alcohol, eventually flux and solder, created a new bridge of metal where it rotted through and fixed the thing fairly well, it's not nice, it's a little testy, but it works as I doubt I can find another of those strips.  Best of all the entire toy right down to the little tiny pieces including this little gold pilot were all there!  Broken with various missing pieces it was worth $25 or so on ebay at least, so that's a win in my book and a keeper as it looks awesome.

TZ-StormTiger.thumb.JPG.08d9257740b298ef65cb287e1d056ce1.JPG

japaneserobots.thumb.jpg.a13b74f93674e3b8e96f8c915897b24f.jpgjprobot-spacesheriffsharvivan1.thumb.JPG.db7d6ef93bf5a9bf8c990649b8ecfed0.JPGzoids-gorgodos1.thumb.JPG.5a9504e6a5c677bda249d7287d689d40.JPGIMG_1796.thumb.JPG.2cf8ac27befcb208d6d7c744dab41356.JPG

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Crazy Climber said:

This is one of my grails I've been searching for! NICE!!

Thanks, it gets nuts, I wanted one as a kid but ended up with the car one (Dairugger) which to me then, sucked.  I found this one at The Great Escape in town here just before the stupid virus, they either were being nice or really felt a need to not go full ebay on it because I think I paid around $80 (it was under 100) which was 1/2 the going rate then.  With the gains I took a little breather, got the 2 missing weapons on ebay but when they got listed low.  It's such an amazing toy and whoever owned it I think displayed it even as a kid as it's undamaged, no chrome wear off, nothing.

• Like 1

I snagged the re-release of Voltron from the Netflix series via GameStop a year or two ago(?). They look great.

apiripsge__95265.1504109090.jpg

As for Voltron - I am sad to say I had an original Voltron I Vehicle Force (AKA Armored Fleet Darugger) back in the day. He fell in the great Backyard B.B. Gun wars of 1986 along with all of his Transformers and GI Joe allies... RIP.

• Haha 3

19 hours ago, OLD CS1 said:

How big was the original?  This one stands about 28 inches in robot mode, something like 32 inches as a planet.

Is yours the one that was sold mid or late 2000's or so?  Thought it was the same as the one in your picture.

2 hours ago, thanatos said:

Is yours the one that was sold mid or late 2000's or so?  Thought it was the same as the one in your picture.

Mine is the "War for Cybertron" release, a crowd-funded project by Hasbro's Pulse Labs, around 2018.

https://hasbropulse.com/products/transformers-war-for-cybertron-unicron

• Like 2

19 hours ago, Tanooki said:

Thanks, it gets nuts, I wanted one as a kid but ended up with the car one (Dairugger) which to me then, sucked.  I found this one at The Great Escape in town here just before the stupid virus, they either were being nice or really felt a need to not go full ebay on it because I think I paid around $80 (it was under 100) which was 1/2 the going rate then.  With the gains I took a little breather, got the 2 missing weapons on ebay but when they got listed low.  It's such an amazing toy and whoever owned it I think displayed it even as a kid as it's undamaged, no chrome wear off, nothing.

I passed on the nicest one I've ever seen for $400...as time goes on I'm thinking I should have bought it ? 

18 hours ago, ClassicGMR said:

I snagged the re-release of Voltron from the Netflix series via GameStop a year or two ago(?). They look great.

As for Voltron - I am sad to say I had an original Voltron I Vehicle Force (AKA Armored Fleet Darugger) back in the day. He fell in the great Backyard B.B. Gun wars of 1986 along with all of his Transformers and GI Joe allies... RIP.

I came close to buying those, the gamestop by my house clearance priced them but they didn't have the black lion...so I passed. Kind of dumb, could have just picked it up off ebay, D'oh!! 

Yeah, I too  murdered thousands of dollars in GI Joe stuff 'back in the day "simulating battle" with M-80s and homemade bombs. Id say I regret it but man was it fun! 

As long as I'm posting couldn't pass this guy up (Impulse target purchase last night)

20220607_183844.thumb.jpg.48c04708536c108dad65b48dee282a70.jpg

• Like 1

Yowch $400??  Maybe in time sure, but that is a lot.  You know it's not detachable, but there is the 5" Popy diecast version of GoLion and Dairugger that came out in the early 80s that are just excellent standing pieces and don't go for obscene money.  Not the same, but, are you really going to pull it apart and play with it? :P

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Tanooki said:

Yowch $400??  Maybe in time sure, but that is a lot.  You know it's not detachable, but there is the 5" Popy diecast version of GoLion and Dairugger that came out in the early 80s that are just excellent standing pieces and don't go for obscene money.  Not the same, but, are you really going to pull it apart and play with it? :P

Yeah, it was EXPENSIVE but had the original box, 100% complete, possibly never used, etc.. I doubt I'll ever see one that nice again... Sometimes you just gotta overpay for something that nice! haha

5 minutes ago, Crazy Climber said:

Yeah, it was EXPENSIVE but had the original box, 100% complete, possibly never used, etc.. I doubt I'll ever see one that nice again... Sometimes you just gotta overpay for something that nice! haha

Well now then that does make sense, even when I got mine and sometime before that would have been not just reasonable, probably cheap if it's in nice of shape as I'm guessing.

1 minute ago, Tanooki said:

Well now then that does make sense, even when I got mine and sometime before that would have been not just reasonable, probably cheap if it's in nice of shape as I'm guessing.

Yeah, I haven't followed prices for nice ones in awhile but at the time I'd say it was "a little" high... Honestly I just wanted a decent looking loose one (for around $100, not unreasonable at the time) so I talked myself out of it... kinda kicking myself though haha

• Sad 1

7 hours ago, Crazy Climber said:

Yeah, I too  murdered thousands of dollars in GI Joe stuff 'back in the day "simulating battle" with M-80s and homemade bombs. Id say I regret it but man was it fun! 

They knew what they were getting into when they signed up for military service at the hands of pre-teen boys.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3