IGNORED

Genprog Questions and Hopefully Answers.

dhe

I'm trying to build a 4a program image file with Genprog.

The program I compile runs fine, as EA3 (Load and Run).

I'm running into a REF error, when I try to generate an EA5 program image.

image.png.e0c2ac7ddf4ecc7915d4b24ff825e6dd.png

I tried using both the libref and add command - and neither resolved my problem.

image.png.9221d8be1b182fb96582a7ce2e316dc1.png

I would use the GenLIB program and verify with the SYMTAB command to make sure the libraries are present.  

I have never used the GenREF Librarian successfully, so you may have to rebuild the list of components from scratch if the UNDEFined utilities are not present or are not being found.

Beery

• Thanks 1

Looks like I might have one or two problems.
1) I'm not using genlib correctly?
-and-or-
2) I have a corrupt file.

@9640News or @InsaneMultitasker can you get the same results?

image.png.50b5496e956c3798bdb2a115d9f224fb.png

Re-Reading the GenLink docs for the 10th time, it says to re-generate the lib_4a, you do something similar to:
add video1   vsbw

I'm guessing video1 would contain an actual subroutine that one would branch into and it would perform the single byte write operation.

The genprog copy I have doesn't have a video anything file... Nor do other copies of genprog that I have seen.

Do you have an original diskette set? I am wondering if maybe that code was on like a disk 2, that was never propagated?

My LIB_4A and LIB_MDOS lists out correctly with LIBR / MAINT / SYMTAB.  Here they are below.

There was only 1 diskette, and the video1, video2, etc. source/object files were never distributed.  Most of those individual files can be pieced together from other 4A source code files from other users.  You just need to be careful they stand on their own individually as some of the video utilities may call on other separate video utilities.

Beery

LIB_4A LIB_MDOS

39 minutes ago, 9640News said:

There was only 1 diskette, and the video1, video2, etc. source/object files were never distributed. 

O' Okay.

I might try to create one lib with a routine or two as an academic exercise.

MDOS was definitely the best source to have, but it would have been nice to have the genprog source and Paul's 80-Track DC Source.

Going through the Genprog manual, one of the high points noted was that Genprog output can be used with a symbolic debugger.

q:

1) Is there a symbolic debugger for mdos?

2) What is a symbolic debugger - Ken Culp mentions a symbolic debugger in his book "Simplified Assembler" - I think he was referring to a debugger that ran on the TI-990 development system TI used.