IGNORED

HSC19 R7: BANDITS

BANDITS

bandits.png

Played a couple of times, Sirius Software games all have a certain style :thumbsup:

[Esc] is pause. Push up to use the shields. Fandal's ATR version plays well, some glitches I think though.

https://a8.fandal.cz/detail.php?files_id=3837

http://www.atarimania.com/game-atari-400-800-xl-xe-bandits_492.html

Round ends Tues 24th May 4pm UK time

GAME ON!

Edited by therealbountybob
  • Like 1

22 hours ago, E474 said:

First try at this HSC thing!

Bandits: 113,840.

This was on a Wii U running RetroArch. I see that @emkay is champ at 212K - there's a horrible speed up at around 105,000 so he's probably keeping that.

Hm...

The clue might be to learn how the attack waves move , and to shoot before they move. 

I never found the game really hard. 

• Like 2

On 5/11/2022 at 3:18 AM, chevymad said:

Sometimes I wonder if we're all playing the same thing..  on the board with 4500.

Takes a few goes, similar tactics to Dropzone, rely heavily on the shield (up) when it gets crowded or you are going to be hit - there are lots of extra men to be had and the enemies behave in consistent manners.

Bandits.jpg.50d17b6c8feae4d919f1e9241e58b4cd.jpg

Best go so far is 87,345 the little bleeders stole all my items - I had 5 lives at the start of this stage too ?

Will start up the next poll tomorrow!

• Like 3

On 5/10/2022 at 8:52 PM, E474 said:

First try at this HSC thing!

Bandits: 113,840.

This was on a Wii U running RetroArch. I see that @emkay is champ at 212K - there's a horrible speed up at around 105,000 so he's probably keeping that.

Welcome E474 great score :thumbsup: if you want to catch up for any missed rounds feel free - post scores on this thread!

Hi @therealbountybob,

Thanks very much, Bandits is one of my go to "Games Night" games, but seeing it in the HSC brought out my competitive streak. The score I posted is actually one of my personal bests, the speed up at the levels I got to is pretty off-putting, so I doubt I will get a much higher score, unless the speed up only lasts for a few levels. Once you get to x500 per item, you can get 2500 points bonus per screen, which is halfway to an extra player. You can get an extra player roughly once per wave with shooting everything on screen, so it the attrition rate can be fairly stable, once you get to this level. I generally put shields up straight after being killed, as there's often residual bullets/action going on, and it gives me time to get my bearings again. Only other tips would be to concentrate on any aliens making off with items, and stay away from tackling the "Menace?" aliens until everything else has been destroyed. Also deal with the bouncing ball clusters one at a time, and deal with the centipede creatures with shields up.

• Like 1

On 5/18/2022 at 4:34 PM, E474 said:

Hi @therealbountybob,

Thanks very much, Bandits is one of my go to "Games Night" games, but seeing it in the HSC brought out my competitive streak. The score I posted is actually one of my personal bests, the speed up at the levels I got to is pretty off-putting, so I doubt I will get a much higher score, unless the speed up only lasts for a few levels. Once you get to x500 per item, you can get 2500 points bonus per screen, which is halfway to an extra player. You can get an extra player roughly once per wave with shooting everything on screen, so it the attrition rate can be fairly stable, once you get to this level. I generally put shields up straight after being killed, as there's often residual bullets/action going on, and it gives me time to get my bearings again. Only other tips would be to concentrate on any aliens making off with items, and stay away from tackling the "Menace?" aliens until everything else has been destroyed. Also deal with the bouncing ball clusters one at a time, and deal with the centipede creatures with shields up.

Good tips :thumbsup:

Round 8 Poll s OPEN (Pinned on main HSC forum guys!)

On 5/9/2022 at 11:09 PM, therealbountybob said:

Push up to use the shields.

On 5/18/2022 at 5:34 PM, E474 said:

I generally put shields up straight after being killed

Aha! So I've been playing Bandits for almost an hour of active gameplay, reached scores around 9800 pts and found it tough to break 10K. When we played Bandits in the HSC in September 2017, I managed 10625 pts, probably without using shields.

Then now I read about shields and within another 12 minutes of playing I broke 30K (!), and could probably get a little more if I tried.

Bandits - 30115 pts

bandits-30115.thumb.jpg.e98dfc1836971ccaaf0df58c2c346485.jpg

Edited by carlsson
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, carlsson said:

Aha! So I've been playing Bandits for almost an hour of active gameplay, reached scores around 9800 pts and found it tough to break 10K. When we played Bandits in the HSC in September 2017, I managed 10625 pts, probably without using shields.

Then now I read about shields and within another 12 minutes of playing I broke 30K (!), and could probably get a little more if I tried.

Bandits - 30115 pts

Way to go C. :thumbsup:

had another good go but 85,450 not quite as much as before, you do get on a roll with it.

VOTES PLEASE  EVERYONE - Round 8 POLL

This round will now close Tuesday 24th May 4pm UK TIME so you all have an extra day to save the earth or whatever we are meant to be doing to prevent our stuff being nicked!

first tables here in a minute or two...

can E474 hold on for his first HSC win on his debut??!!

1st   E474                             113,840  12pts :thumbsup:
  2nd   therealbountybob        87,345  11pts
  3rd   Deteacher                   39,025  11pts
  4th   carlsson                     30,115  9pts
  5th   AtariSphinx                 18,030  8pts
  6th   Caco                         15,720  7pts
  7th   MichaG                      14,850  6pts
  8th   McKong                      13,045  5pts
  9th   8BIT 1337                   10,950  4pts
 10th   RedThunder                 6,630  3pts
 11th   jblenkle                       6,295  2pts
 12th   chevymad                   4,500  2pts