IGNORED

Anyone get Bluetooth working on Classic Joystick / Modern Controller in PC mode?

MikeA

From what I gather, the Classic Joystick and Controller only work in non-Atari OSes if you use USB, not Bluetooth.  I have no interest in wired controllers, so if I can't use my Classic Joystick or Controller via Bluetooth, I'll just use my 8bitdo SN30 + Bluetooth which works for me in Batocera.  I've tried and failed to connect both the Atari Joystick and Controller via Bluetooth in Batocera and Lakka.   Has anyone been able to get wireless Bluetooth capability from the Classic Joystick or Modern Controller in another OS?  If so, which OS? 

I'm really hoping to use Batocera for my emulators on the VCS with a wireless Atari Modern Controller.

I use the Classic and Modern over Bluetooth without issue in PC Mode. My regular PC doesn't have Bluetooth, so can't check there. I do frequently need to re-pair it upon initial load in, but once paired it just works without issue. This is in Windows 10. 

Edited by Mockduck
  • Like 2

On 5/11/2022 at 3:32 PM, Mockduck said:

I use the Classic and Modern over Bluetooth without issue in PC Mode. My regular PC doesn't have Bluetooth, so can't check there. I do frequently need to re-pair it upon initial load in, but once paired it just works without issue. This is in Windows 10. 

And all the triggers work under windows just fine when connected via bluetooth?

8 hours ago, Mockduck said:

They seem to! 

Hmm, that seems to be the holy grail for the modern controller - getting it to properly work in windows.  Any chance you can take a screenshot of what windows detects when you pair it via bluetooth and shows under the "game controllers" screen (you can search in settings to bring it up).  Also, if you click properties, can you tell us what button # the two shoulder triggers are bound to?

15 hours ago, cubehacker said:

Hmm, that seems to be the holy grail for the modern controller - getting it to properly work in windows.  Any chance you can take a screenshot of what windows detects when you pair it via bluetooth and shows under the "game controllers" screen (you can search in settings to bring it up).  Also, if you click properties, can you tell us what button # the two shoulder triggers are bound to?

I say "they seem to" because I can't think of a time I tried to push a button that needed to be pushed on the Modern on the PC Mode side and couldn't. It's totally possible I just am not playing the right game, or haven't played one that matters with the triggers. I will give it a test and see. I can't typically get things like Rocket League to run, so will have to find a good game to test it with. 

On 5/17/2022 at 10:45 AM, Mockduck said:

I say "they seem to" because I can't think of a time I tried to push a button that needed to be pushed on the Modern on the PC Mode side and couldn't. It's totally possible I just am not playing the right game, or haven't played one that matters with the triggers. I will give it a test and see. I can't typically get things like Rocket League to run, so will have to find a good game to test it with. 

No need to test with a game. Simply go into the windows game pad controller options, and see if the red lights respond to all the button presses. Do all 4 shoulder buttons respond?

I found out of you place the controller in PC mode I was able to get all of the shoulder buttons to work. I however cannot get them to work in Bluetooth, just USB. Without PC mode all buttons work on the windows USB controller test built in Windows except the two back shoulder buttons which should be Z axis on windows. If you enable it, they will work but the Fuji logo button will no longer be just a regular button but will act as the Xbox button like an Xbox controller.

If anyone has any tips on how to pair these in Windows on the VCS please post some screenshots or something, that would be helpful.