IGNORED

How do I get started?

Hello! This is my first time on this forum so sorry if this is in the wrong place or something. I'm looking for some advice on how to get started, without having to read a 100 page manual. My goal is to create a pong game. I'm good with working with assembly, I just don't really know how to do Atari 2600 specific assembly and graphics. Actually, I have started trying to do it and graphics are my main struggle at the moment.

Any and all help is appreciated!

Thanks,

Cracker

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Commandcracker8 said:

Hello! This is my first time on this forum so sorry if this is in the wrong place or something. I'm looking for some advice on how to get started, without having to read a 100 page manual. My goal is to create a pong game. I'm good with working with assembly, I just don't really know how to do Atari 2600 specific assembly and graphics. Actually, I have started trying to do it and graphics are my main struggle at the moment.

Any and all help is appreciated!

Thanks,

Cracker

I am not sure about assembly, as I have yet to learn it, but have you seen batari Basic?  For something like a Pong game it may be an easy start as bB does a lot of the heavy lifting for things like graphics. 

10 minutes ago, KevKelley said:

I am not sure about assembly, as I have yet to learn it, but have you seen batari Basic?  For something like a Pong game it may be an easy start as bB does a lot of the heavy lifting for things like graphics. 

Yeah I have seen batari Basic, but I don't want to use it. I do quite a lot of programming and I'm doing this to challenge myself. I'll definitely give it a go though! But yeah I'm looking to make this entirely in assembly :)

• Like 1