IGNORED

Rambo III; unported and legit fun

awbacon

I like seeing Taito's sprite scaling games and this is one I never saw before.

There is also a Sega Master System Rambo III game. Also a completely different game - it was more like Sega's in-house answer to Operation Wolf, and it used the Light Phaser. Coincidentally, the final boss fight in SMS Rambo III is presented in a pseudo-3D style, although moving backwards as Rambo makes his escape and is pursued by helicopters.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, roots.genoa said:

How was it played? It doesn't look like a game that would work with a light gun, rather a fixed gun like on the T2 cabinet.

The SMS Rambo III? Basically you could just hold the trigger for automatic fire, until you ran out of ammo. Then you had to squeeze the trigger manually for individual shots. Lastly, you would have a screen-clearing bomb that you could detonate by aiming at a bomb icon on the bottom of the screen. (Apologies if you were asking about the Taito arcade Rambo III)

On 5/17/2022 at 10:07 AM, Zoyous said:

I found a couple of different cabinet images. One has a really non-standard mirrored layout, yet the control panel artwork looks the same on both.

taito-rambo-iii.jpg

taito-rambo-iii-b.jpg

That game was a kit, so you saw them in different style of cabs - I do recall that panel artwork.

I played this one quite often at our Aladdin's Castle. They had it in one of those Aladdin style of cabs. Taito must have some deal with Taito at the time.

b2707c224016a605a4109a1f702be78b.jpg

• Thanks 1