IGNORED

OMG! It’s Christmas 1981 all over again!

rcajun90

Yeah man, give it time.  It'll update, eventually.  Tons of fun to be had but the updates can take a while.  I am using my VCS primarily for streaming right now but it will eventually go into my home theater room and be used more for games.

10 hours ago, rcajun90 said:

Any good links to get batocera running on it?  Not finding much on YouTube. 

You can put it on a flash drive and it pretty much runs as intended on a VCS,  once you disable secureboot.

How to disable secureboot depends on if your unit accepts the well-known BIOS password or not.   If it does, just turn off secureboot and you can boot anything you like.

If it doesn't,  then you need to downgrade the OS+bios, which forces it to set the password, then it will upgrade to the latest with the correct password.   Instructions on how to do this can be found in this thread:    post #18,  steps 1-4 talk about flashing the bios and getting Batocera to work.

15 hours ago, zzip said:

You can put it on a flash drive and it pretty much runs as intended on a VCS,  once you disable secureboot.

How to disable secureboot depends on if your unit accepts the well-known BIOS password or not.   If it does, just turn off secureboot and you can boot anything you like.

If it doesn't,  then you need to downgrade the OS+bios, which forces it to set the password, then it will upgrade to the latest with the correct password.   Instructions on how to do this can be found in this thread:    post #18,  steps 1-4 talk about flashing the bios and getting Batocera to work.

Thank you.  Can you just install it in windows?  Very nervous about fooling with the bios.

On 5/21/2022 at 2:17 AM, rcajun90 said:

Thank you.  Can you just install it in windows?  Very nervous about fooling with the bios.

The BIOS downgrade process?   I think you just put it on a flash drive, then boot the VCS with that flashdrive plugged in and follow the directions.