IGNORED

Atari 7800 new game idea + Character name

Hi!

I came up with a new game, "??????'s adventure" or, as I'm calling it, "Beach adventure". Due to my pesky exams I am studying for, I haven't had time to make enough graphics for the game to have something to show you. I mean, here's this:

image.thumb.png.8bb03823ace088d584f3274bd6d3e3da.png ; This is of an emulator, 320B has artifacts on my 7800 because I use RF and I don't have a picture (YET)

I wanted to name my guy "Conner" But I was wondering if you guys had some "Better" names. I wanted the first level to have a beach theme of all things (Or maybe the entire game) where it's like a "3D- ish" platformer. You can run around in all directions and jump, and there will be things to collect like rocks to throw at enemies and a boomerang, which is like the rocks but is more "Rare" and is like a rock you can use multiple times. 

Please note I'm using 320B and this is using my old Screen rendering program, I just made a new one which fixes the glitches at the bottom of the screen and uses $80-$AF for the screen.

I'll also post the source code in an attached file; open with any normal text editor. 

I'm also welcome to any graphics you guys post, but PLEASE, decide on a 4 color palette and post that palette below (hex values please!).  Stuff like enemies, and background elements are good as well as collectibles.

I'll post more about this game as I go, and anyone who wants to help with the project, please let me know!

320B_test (2).a

Edited by Ecernosoft
  • Like 1

BY THE WAY: I'm going to use 320C for the game for now on as 320C can also be used with 320A. I didn't know, but 320A and 320C are paired, likewise with 320B and 320D. I didn't want to use 320D and 320C allows more colors than 320B, so I'm using it for now. 

I've made it so there are guys who push you and guys who try to kill you. The .a file is the source code.

Unfortunately, 8bitworkshop's 7800 emulator doesn't support modes other than 320A and 160A so here's a link to JS7800: JS7800: Atari 7800 Emulator (raz0red.github.io)

Still working. BTW; the music is using the TIA. I can't get more than simple plucks from the POKEY. Any help on that would be nice. ?

2 minutes ago, Ecernosoft said:

I've made it so there are guys who push you and guys who try to kill you. The .a file is the source code.

Unfortunately, 8bitworkshop's 7800 emulator doesn't support modes other than 320A and 160A so here's a link to JS7800: JS7800: Atari 7800 Emulator (raz0red.github.io)

Still working. BTW; the music is using the TIA. I can't get more than simple plucks from the POKEY. Any help on that would be nice. ?

It loads up the Krull demo, I don't think that's right :) 

Also, emulator wise, most folks are using A7800, Bup, JS7800 or Argon.

Basically, I thought of the game like this:

There is this party. But you realise, "Oh no! There is this bad guy coming!" for some reason. You need to save your family but they are all the way to the right of the party. And I thought, depending on how fast you manuver around people, different endings would occur. BUT, the people.

Some people want to chase you and stop you, and others just get in your way. The game isn't done yet.

THIS USES 320C. I think it looks quite nice. I'm going for a beach theme. Also, I can't get the timing right on the two channels and the sound effects (Most) will be mixed with channel 1. I also thought about allowing you to jump and there being holes you can fall down. For the TIA, the music is *Mostly* in tune. I can't hear any issues with it and that is amazing. Here's a slightly more than 3 octave scale:

LOW_OCTAVE; (!) = out of tune (sort of)
    byte #31; E
    byte #29; F
    byte #26; G
        byte #23; A
        byte #20; B
    byte #19; C
        byte #17; D
        byte #15; E
        byte #14; F
        byte #12; G (!)
        byte #11; A
OCTAVE
    byte #31;B
    byte #29; C
        byte #26; D
        byte #23; E
        byte #22; F
        byte #19; G
        byte #17; A
        byte #15; B
        byte #14; C
        byte #12; D (!)
        byte #11; E
        byte #10; F
        byte #9; G
        byte #8; A 

5 minutes ago, Muddyfunster said:

It loads up the Krull demo, I don't think that's right :) 

Also, emulator wise, most folks are using A7800, Bup, JS7800 or Argon.

Yes, I use JS7800 for the games, but for development I use 8bitworkshop. It is very convienient. 

• 2 weeks later...