IGNORED

ZeroPage Homebrew: The Game

ZeroPage Homebrew: The Game

255293321_20220526-ZPHTheGame-AAPost.thumb.jpg.86f4ccc704e0edf7deb7ffced6970ae1.jpg

BUY IT NOW IN THE ATARIAGE STORE!

Credits:

Design and Programming: Leandro Camara @HSW3ET

Beta Tester: Vivi Peçaibes

Cart & Manual Layout: James Earl O'Brien @ZeroPage Homebrew

Programmed: Nov 2020

Released: May 27, 2022

Info: Atari 2600 / NTSC / 4kB

Game Binary:

20220527-ZeroPage Homebrew - The Game (L.Camara).bin

Cartridge Label / End Label (600dpi):

20220529-ZeroPage Homebrew The Game-Cart Art.zip

Game Manual:

20220801-ZeroPage Homebrew The Game Manual.pdf

PLEASE NOTE: You have permission to download and copy the game for free and also have AtariAge create a cartridge version of the game but you do NOT have permission to sell the game in binary or cartridge form.

The Story:

Catch! Pixel and Atari are bored and want some new cat toys to play with!

Tanya, Darcy and Aerlan decide to head over to the local Pong arena to collect some bouncy balls for the cats to have fun with. There’s only one problem, James needs to start the ZPH show soon!

Help James gather his friends and convince them to come back to the ZeroPage studios otherwise the show will start late!

This game is for two players and you get to choose which character will face James.

Good luck… for the cats!

Controls & Settings:

Player One / Left Joystick: James

Player Two / Right Joystick: ZPH Crew / Cats (Select via Left/Right Difficulty Switches):

Darcy (EASY) - B / A
Tanya (NORMAL) - B / B
Aerlan (MEDIUM) - A / B
Atari Cat (HARD) - A / A

Color/B&W Switch: Footstep Sounds On/Off

Starting the Game: Press the Reset Switch or the Left Joystick button to change from the title screen to the game screen. Once on the game screen, move either of the two joysticks in any direction to start the game and you will see the ball start moving. Difficulty switches, including player two selection, can be changed at any time during the game.

Scoring:

James Goal: Prevent the ZPH Crew from gathering the balls bouncing around the screen, the lower the score at the end of the game the better.Prevent the ZPH Crew from gathering the balls bouncing around the screen, the lower the score at the end of the game the better.

ZPH Crew Goal: Catch as many balls as possible for the cats to play with, the higher the score the better.Catch as many balls as possible for the cats to play with, the higher the score the better.

Pong Wave:

James: Every time you catch a ZPH Crew member, the status bar goes down. The status bar will turn yellow when it gets low and red when it’s critical. Once the status bar reaches zero, the game ends. The balls collected by your opponent determines your score, the lower the better.

ZPH Crew: Score 1 point for each ball collected. Every 20 points, it switches to the Boss Wave. The more points the better.

Boss Wave (Pixel Cat):

James: Capture Pixel Cat six (6) times within 35 seconds to win the game immediately. Be mindful that each capture of Pixel restores one (1) square to the Status Bar, delaying James ability to win if he returns to the arena.
Pixel Cat: Avoid capture by James in order to return to Pong Wave so the ZPH Crew can gather more cat toys. Hint: If you’re feeling brave, you can deliberately get captured to build up your status bar, but make sure you don’t get captured more than five (5) times!

End of Game:

The game ends when either the Status Bar reaches zero or Pixel Cat is caught six (6) times.

Screen Layout:

1187210708_ScreenInformation.thumb.png.ee2b524a7ed93f75ff1aafc62abf67b3.png

This game is dedicated to Pixel (2013-2021)

606435234_20210305-DSC00305-PicofPixel.thumb.jpg.82081e4dbb90c7820b4743b271c9bf6c.jpg

• Like 16
  • Thanks 1

ZeroPage Homebrew is playing the Exclusive Retail Version of ZeroPage Homebrew: The Game and is GIVING AWAY FOUR SIGNED COPIES as part of our multi-player gaming extravaganza on tomorrow's stream LIVE on Twitch, hope you can join us!

Games:

(WATCH AT 1080P60 FOR BEST QUALITY)

• Like 6

2 hours ago, Skwrl63 said:

Can we get custom cartridges made at AtariAge?

You bet! In the top post there's the binary and labels you can send to AtariAge to have a cartridge made. ?

Custom AtariAge Carts: https://atariage.com/store/index.php?l=product_detail&p=949

- James

I just watched the ZPH The Game show! Very cool! The four of you together... and Atari! I am very happy. Thank you James! Thanks ZeroPage Homebrew!

[ I hope you saved one of these cartridges for me! Hehehe! (Just kidding!) ]

Congratulations on the show and everyone involved... so much fun. ??

Leandro Camara

Edited by HSW3ET
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

17 hours ago, HSW3ET said:

I just watched the ZPH The Game show! Very cool! The four of you together... and Atari! I am very happy. Thank you James! Thanks ZeroPage Homebrew!

[ I hope you saved one of these cartridges for me! Hehehe! (Just kidding!) ]

Congratulations on the show and everyone involved... so much fun. ??

Leandro Camara

Thank you so much for making the game and immortalizing Pixel in an Atari 2600 homebrew Leandro! We had a lot of fun playing it on Friday and definitely a signed copy of the game will be going out to you! ?

- James

• Like 3

On 5/30/2022 at 10:49 PM, ZeroPage Homebrew said:

Thank you so much for making the game and immortalizing Pixel in an Atari 2600 homebrew Leandro! We had a lot of fun playing it on Friday and definitely a signed copy of the game will be going out to you! ?

- James

Thank you very much! ??

• Thanks 1

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
6 minutes ago, Jason_Atari said:

I just received my parcel today after a month in postage. Another big thank you to James and Tanya for your generous gifts, a worthy addition to my Atari collection.

It must have taken a leisurely cruise on the mail boat all the way from Vancouver to Australia to take a month to get there. 🙂 Glad it made it all the way there in the end and congratulations again on winning the cart! I'll let Tanya know you got all the goodies that came with the prize!

- James

Thanks for the uploads to YouTube James, i missed the final episode and half the prior one. Really enjoyed watching you guys run through the original games. Some hidden gems in the ruff so it's always good to know what i have overlooked.

So what's planned for the 50th anniversary? Every homebrew from 92 till 2027? Thought id give you a 5year head start to acquire all the ROM's ;)

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, TwentySixHundred said:

Thanks for the uploads to YouTube James, i missed the final episode and half the prior one. Really enjoyed watching you guys run through the original games. Some hidden gems in the ruff so it's always good to know what i have overlooked.

So what's planned for the 50th anniversary? Every homebrew from 92 till 2027? Thought id give you a 5year head start to acquire all the ROM's ;)

You're so welcome! It was quite a haul to get through those hundreds of games but a lot of fun in the process!

For the 50th we'll probably do all the 'games that could have been' by playing all the prototypes and games that were programmed from 1977-1992 and were later released.

We try to play all the homebrews on the regular show, hahah. We've probably covered a lot of them already with the almost 500 streams we've broadcast so far.

- James

• Like 3

• 1 month later...

prge1.jpg.8d08ba978643e0784f03ce2d02adc429.jpg

We made it to PRGE and are looking forward to a full day tomorrow of checking out the showroom floor and talking to developers! If you see us around and you'd like to win the last 'ZeroPage Homebrew The Game' cartridge, just come up to us with the right answers to the following questions.

1) Is our cat Atari left or right handed?
2) What did we dress up as on the 2021 Halloween show?
3) What discovery/bug did Tanya find in Bruce Lee Return of Fury (A8) recently while playing?

If you see us interviewing someone, be sure to wait until we're done the interview. 😉

- James

• Like 3

• 3 months later...
  • 10 months later...

ZPH: The Game is now available in the VCS Store!

I announced this on the stream but forgot to post that ZPH: The Game is now available on the Atari VCS! I set the price to the minimum of $1 so that it's as accessible to as many people as possible! Have fun!

HINT: To access characters other than the default of James and Tanya, you need to plug in a USB keyboard and press F5-F8 to pick the appropriate combination for Darcy, Aerlan and Atari!

- James

image.thumb.png.c2dbf33c946996bb960dab0a8923961f.png

image.thumb.png.6cdbfd09dece25c94ceb5144a41aaa6d.png

• Like 1