IGNORED

Another ADAM game conversion done!

retroillucid

On 5/31/2022 at 4:30 AM, insertclevernamehere said:

I would interpret next Fall as Fall 2023 and THIS Fall as Fall 2022 but not everyone uses those terms the same way.  Can you clarify which year?  Looks great by the way.  Would love to purchase.

I believe the Canadian interpretation of next fall indicates the very next season; the 2022 season.

In the US, we would say “this fall” indicating the 2022 season. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I am working on something very much requested and it's not Haunted House.

I am still working on HH but there are some aspects of it that are near impossible to translate verbatim on the Colecovision.
But, even if I can not complete the HH I have learned so much about scrolling and the free pong game I posted has taught me tight programing techniques as well as accessing the system without using the BIOS.

There are several projects I would like to do like a version of Armor Attack and Satan's Hollow.

I am also waiting on some info from Tony Cruise concerning the Spinners/Track ball programing from his library because my real passion is to port Crystal Castles.

It would also be nice to remake Cosmic Avenger with all the different levels because if you ever played the arcade version the patterns are different at later levels.

Edited by Captain Cozmos

9 minutes ago, Pixelboy said:

Nah, they're just mockups. But they were fun to do.  :) I wanted to see if I could make the 3D views work within the limitations of the graphic chip.

OK, but I have no intention of stepping on anyone else project.
I have always wanted to make a trackball game and for the moment I can't think of any other ones than missile command which was done already......Coleco Bowling?

Other games maybe pole position, enduro, Atari 2600 E.T. remake

I have few games I came up with like Assaulty Crackers, Bean Boy Zak, Jimmy Big Boots, Bristleface Joe and The Bishop already have fleshed out story lines.

Edited by Captain Cozmos

Until I get more info on how to use the spinners in Assembler then I have to put a couple games on hold.

Information is hard to come by and every book I read is vague, too technical or are literal copies of books that are already out there with zero explanation or examples of how to use them.

Even when I paid for professional answers I get nothing so how lopsided is that.

Also, It would be out of character to start using C just because one routine solves an issue.

The spinners were started in Assembly Language and should be able to be used in Assembly Language.

Anyway, here is a preview of what I was working on and will finish when I can get updated information.

My intention is to have a two player version of Warlords that you can use the spinners on each SAC as paddles or Joysticks on regular controllers.

Warlords v2.5.rom

Edited by Captain Cozmos

I have to tighten up the code but here is a preliminary left and right test for Roller Controller and Steering Wheel.

All done in Z80 Assembly using the in/out ports

You can test it using CoolCV then activating the roller controller feature.

Padded to work on a real system with a RC or DC Tested on my personal ADAM and working.

Was not as hard to do as I thought.

So what I did was read one of the Coleco technical manuals which said the best thing to do is update the spinner function at rest 38H which is where you would put the NMI.  This also coincides what Tony Cruise said to me in a PM.  He says NMI while the technical brief says RST_38.  Same thing.

However, after that I am using IO ports for direct access.

I know, this is nothing to write home about but it does work despite it being a bit raw.

Posted for posterity, history or whatever tickles your labia.

After I get this to the point I need I will test on my pong then work on Warlords.

Maybe we can find use of those paddles that someone made for the Colecovision a ways ago.

I tried to upload a small video of the test but it did not work out and I could not delete the panel.

paddle test.rom

Edited by Captain Cozmos
  • Like 2

• 1 month later...
On 5/31/2022 at 11:26 AM, NIAD said:

Diablo would be an easier choice if he is looking for other ADAM game software to convert.

Is there any chance that someone could convert Addictus (the Adam Tetris clone) to work on a ColecoVision with SGM and to work with the game controller rather than with the keyboard?

19 hours ago, timepilot said:

Is there any chance that someone could convert Addictus (the Adam Tetris clone) to work on a ColecoVision with SGM and to work with the game controller rather than with the keyboard?

Addictus would probably be impossible seeing as it’s a SmartBasic program. Also, there are numerous Tetris style games available for the CV including Kevtris and Krazilec Tetris… Luc, forgive me if I butchered the name.

5 hours ago, NIAD said:

Addictus would probably be impossible seeing as it’s a SmartBasic program. Also, there are numerous Tetris style games available for the CV including Kevtris and Krazilec Tetris… Luc, forgive me if I butchered the name.

Indeed.  I have been playing Kevtris since the mid-1990s, when I first got into emulation.  And now I run it on my actual ADAM using an Atarimax Ultimate SD.

I was not aware that Addictus was a SmartBASIC program.  Thank you for the insight.