IGNORED

CAUTION: Analogue Beware (Pocket)ed My Cash

gilsaluki

I hate posting negative news, but have no choice. I hope this all ends well, but I thought I had better alert the Atari community to possible shady business practices of Analogue, the maker of the Analogue Pocket.  In Dec 21 I placed an order for the Analogue Pocket when the ordering window opened.  My motivation was based on the upcoming (2022) Lynx Adapter being produced.  I figured the A.P. would be a great long term solution for me to keep playing Lynx games well into the future given how expensive LYNX have become, how expensive it is to upgrade the screen, etc.  The website stated that I could always cancel me order later, no problem.  Well, I see no progress, or active efforts to actually produce the LYNX Adapter by 2022.  So, I asked Analogue to cancel my order.  All I got was a terse response saying my order was cancelled.  No mention of refund for $258.00 back to my credit card.  I have since sent them 4 requests for a refund back to my C.C.  Silence.  It appears I am going to have to file a claim with my card company.  Too bad, I ordered from Analogue based on the glowing reviews of the company.  I have no phone contact, or other way to voice my concern to them.  To bad, now my order is cancelled, but no money back.  Tread with caution.  If they do make good, I will amend this post and inform everyone.  

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 3

Looks like I am not the only one.  This is from the Better Business (BBB).  They are rated an "F", only 1.7/5.0.  Same situation as I am.  Notice the statement: "You may cancel your order at any time for a full refund before shipment."

"Your order #****** is in Group B: Q4 2022 I have been trying to cancel this order as it doesn't ship til Q4 2022. Analogue policy ****** we can cancel at anytime. Since i was charged for something that doesn't ship for a year I want a refund. Please refund me. Here is right from the analogue page: The fulfillment groups are as follows:Group A: Q1 2022 Group B: Q4 2022 Group ? 2023 Before shipping your order, we will email you one week in advance to ensure we have an up-to-date shipping address. You may cancel your order at any time for a full refund before shipment. Please refund my ******"

Do not buy from these people.

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

7 hours ago, gilsaluki said:

I hate posting negative news, but have no choice. I hope this all ends well, but I thought I had better alert the Atari community to possible shady business practices of Analogue, the maker of the Analogue Pocket.  In Dec 21 I placed an order for the Analogue Pocket when the ordering window opened.  My motivation was based on the upcoming (2022) Lynx Adapter being produced.  I figured the A.P. would be a great long term solution for me to keep playing Lynx games well into the future given how expensive LYNX have become, how expensive it is to upgrade the screen, etc.  The website stated that I could always cancel me order later, no problem.  Well, I see no progress, or active efforts to actually produce the LYNX Adapter by 2022.  So, I asked Analogue to cancel my order.  All I got was a terse response saying my order was cancelled.  No mention of refund for $258.00 back to my credit card.  I have since sent them 4 requests for a refund back to my C.C.  Silence.  It appears I am going to have to file a claim with my card company.  Too bad, I ordered from Analogue based on the glowing reviews of the company.  I have no phone contact, or other way to voice my concern to them.  To bad, now my order is cancelled, but no money back.  Tread with caution.  If they do make good, I will amend this post and inform everyone.  

How long ago did you make a request? You said they canceled it. On what date did they say it was canceled?

35 minutes ago, jgkspsx said:

I am sorry, but this isn’t a very compelling story of abuse. Nobody promised a date for the Lynx adapter. If all you want is to play Lynx games there are many great ways to do that.

I'm actually surprised as to how many people buy things based on wishcasting or future possibilities. Wait until it has what you want then buy it. That way no disappointment.

• Like 4

20 hours ago, Flojomojo said:

That's 3. How many threads are you going to create that all say the exact same thing?

My God.  You think EVERYONE goes to every section?  I am broadcasting this to places I think people will see.  Correct me if I am wrong.  This is a General warning, a Lynx-related warning, and, oh by the way, more folks look at the 8-bit section than anywhere else.  Man.   

19 hours ago, jgkspsx said:

I am sorry, but this isn’t a very compelling story of abuse. Nobody promised a date for the Lynx adapter. If all you want is to play Lynx games there are many great ways to do that.

You too did not read my comments fully.  The website stated you can cancel anytime before shipment.  I did.  Now want my funds back.  How compelling does this need to be?  Look at Analogue, Inc under the BBB and you'll they did the same to another person.  I am not claiming "abuse", never used that word.  I am claiming poor business practices.  

• Like 2

My younger brother had no problems with for the Mega SG, the Super Nt, and the Mega SG adaptors. My younger brother got the Mega SG adaptors in 2020. The adaptors in question are the Sg-1000/mark III adaptor, Game Gear Adaptor, and the mycard adaptor.

He got the Mega Sg and the Super NT in 2019 or 2018 with no problem.

• Like 2

Just never pre-order anything or anything on a promise of future availability. 

Buy it straight away. And if it doesn’t ship in a reasonable time, gently remind the seller. Failing that use the powers of the credit card to get your money back.

Slow shipping and delays are no longer an excuse. Not with all that so-called AI supply chain management and big data business insight. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

They've been teasing a lot of Lynx clips on their Twitter lately. Not a step that they'd be doing if they're not going to be following through.

While I give them a hard time here and there such as with their 100% accuracy claims when they essentially don't address bugs past those identified by major YouTube influencers during their launch windows (They push out fixes for those sometimes in minutes), I don't see there being any need for concern for their adapters actually appearing (Hopefully in 2022). 

Too late now though for you, so hopefully you're able to get this sorted soon and get your cash back. But I personally think you're mistaken on your reasons for cancelling.

• Like 1

I hope you get your cash back, but this does highlight why backing projects before anything concrete is made comes with issues. The Ataribox barely made a release, the amico trolled them only to find they are struggling to release themselves, and there being a year long wait for the analogue pocket due to supply issues. 

Once upon a time they made the goods, stuck it in a shop and you bought it there and there. Wow those were the good old days huh when you received something usable at the point of purchase. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

41 minutes ago, Mikebloke said:

Once upon a time they made the goods, stuck it in a shop and you bought it there and there. Wow those were the good old days huh when you received something usable at the point of purchase. 

In the name of cost-cutting, internet shopping took away all the cool things about real stores we used to have. And loved.

• Like 3

First, I'm pretty sure the Lynx adapter is being worked on.

Second, since you weren't going to get your Pocket until Q4 2022 anyway, since you were in group B, I find it weird to cancel now. What if the adapter is released by Q4 2022? If you order the Pocket again you'll have to wait for 2023 now. ?‍♂️

• Like 3

On 6/3/2022 at 4:41 PM, roots.genoa said:

First, I'm pretty sure the Lynx adapter is being worked on.

Second, since you weren't going to get your Pocket until Q4 2022 anyway, since you were in group B, I find it weird to cancel now. What if the adapter is released by Q4 2022? If you order the Pocket again you'll have to wait for 2023 now. ?‍♂️

I doubt they will ever let him order anything again if he uses the credit card company to claw back the payment.

• Like 1

On 6/6/2022 at 9:55 AM, MrBeefy said:

I'm still curious as to how long ago the request was made.

I get it all confused haha...Pretty sure he told me in one of the other threads that it had been 2 weeks and he hadn't gotten his money back.

I know they're slow, but Analogue has always come through for me...I still think they should have gotten him his money back quickly, though.

• Thanks 1

On 6/1/2022 at 4:53 PM, MrBeefy said:

I'm actually surprised as to how many people buy things based on wishcasting or future possibilities. Wait until it has what you want then buy it. That way no disappointment.

You make a good point in general, but...

Keep in mind though that This is Analogue!  Sometimes, (depending on the product) they do Pre-Orders and That's all you get!  If you want the goods,  sometimes you have to play by their rules...I Pre-Ordered my Analogue NT Mini Noir and later I got it!  Pretty sure I waited months, but who remembers?  It's the Ultimate HD NES with HDMI outs, plus RGB / Component / S-Video / Composite,  What's not to Love?  And it was limited quantities to be sure...Now on eBay they sell for $650-$1,000 depending...Glad I got it when I did!   ($499 + Shipping in case you wondered)...That said I pre-ordered a Pocket, but am waiting to buy the Dock for it, and hope they still sell them when I have money haha...

Weeks does start getting into the long time territory.

Since he isn't updating maybe he got it and is happy with it?

I do get it some with companies that have a track record, but I still think you should buy it with the understanding some of that may never come to be. 

Wouldn't that be something? ?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1