IGNORED

5200 OE HSC Challenge 06/2022 Pole Position

zylon

Our game in June, is the classic Pole Position. Play selection Namco Speedway 4lp, using real 5200 sysyems and Atari Mfg controls. -1 HSC pt for use of period analog sticks, such as Wico. Namco Speedway is middle difficulty, and not too long on 4lp. It's finishable, and should allow for a wide range of scores. SD loaders/flashcarts running original Rom, are the only modern exceptions Pics preferred but not required, except for HSC wins and records. Round ends when month does.

Current HSC records- Bust em for a bonus point each! 

I will defend, as time allows, lol

(Namco Speedway 4 Laps)
zylon 62,950

(Namco - Fastest Qualify Lap)
zylon 53.10

Best 3 qual times will get 3-2-1 bonus

Qual times-

58.69  DamonicFury +3

59.52  testa (banned player)

59.60  jetset +2

59.97  rubeon +1

60.79  jeremiahjt

66.15  RangerG

Final scores- 

58,400  DamonicFury +11+3=14

56,400  testa (banned player)

53,050  rubeon +9+1=10

44,200  jetset +9+2=11

32,700  jeremiahjt +8

29,150  RangerG +7

Current standings- 

DamonicFury - 53

rubeon - 52

mark griff - 35

jeremiahjt - 35

zylon - 32

jetset - 31

RangerG - 25

IICCEEMMAANN - 15

Cafeman - 9

SINGLE TOOTH - 8

jerry32 - 6

Pole Position.bin

Edited by zylon

20 hours ago, Micheloni2600 said:

When does the new Season start? I've been away from the forums for awhile and just aquired a 5200 so I'd love to highly participate in the next fresh one! 

This “Original Equipment only” season typically runs Jan-Dec, but we might be on the verge of starting a new standard season (emulators and any controllers allowed.)   Feel free to vote in this poll for a quick return to 5200 HSC action… 

I’m encouraged to hear someone new wanting to play!

On 6/14/2022 at 4:55 PM, DamonicFury said:

This “Original Equipment only” season typically runs Jan-Dec, but we might be on the verge of starting a new standard season (emulators and any controllers allowed.)   Feel free to vote in this poll for a quick return to 5200 HSC action… 

I’m encouraged to hear someone new wanting to play!

Thank you good sir! Yes I've been trying to brush up on it a bit more in between work hours and the wife and son. But I would be totally in the game for it! Hope to join in soon! 

On 6/13/2022 at 8:34 PM, Micheloni2600 said:

When does the new Season start? I've been away from the forums for awhile and just aquired a 5200 so I'd love to highly participate in the next fresh one! 

If you have original CX-52 controllers in working order go ahead and put in a score for Pole Position. Nobody would mind you jumping in right now.

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/12/2022 at 5:22 PM, jeremiahjt said:

Does the qualifying time have to be the same run as your high score?  If not, then my best qualifying time is 60"91 and my top score is 31,100.

Nope. You can cherry pick your best ones

7 hours ago, DamonicFury said:

Very sorry to hear that.  Hope you’re feeling much better now!

Still little out of breath, but rest seems back to normal. It got me good, as I hadn't been eating well the first 2 weeks of june, due to minor jaw surgery on a bone ridge on side on gumline. The irony of being down the same week as Mom, when she fell ill last year, was not lost on me. My result was much better though. :) I did my monthly qualify shooting yesterday, and felt like I'd run a race after, and took 4hr nap, lol

I uploaded a conversion you might want to try, on your "when to start" poll. I saw there was some interest in sports games on 5200.

Edited by zylon

4 hours ago, zylon said:

Still little out of breath, but rest seems back to normal. It got me good, as I hadn't been eating well the first 2 weeks of june, due to minor jaw surgery on a bone ridge on side on gumline. The irony of being down the same week as Mom, when she fell ill last year, was not lost on me. My result was much better though. :) I did my monthly qualify shooting yesterday, and felt like I'd run a race after, and took 4hr nap, lol

Glad you're mostly back to normal... hope you are back to 100% soon!

4 hours ago, zylon said:

I uploaded a conversion you might want to try, on your "when to start" poll. I saw there was some interest in sports games on 5200.

Thank you!  400/800 Basketball conversion, right?  Do you prefer it to the RealSports 5200 prototype?

3 hours ago, DamonicFury said:

Glad you're mostly back to normal... hope you are back to 100% soon!

Thank you!  400/800 Basketball conversion, right?  Do you prefer it to the RealSports 5200 prototype?

Graphically, it's not as good, but seems to play better. it also makes use of all 4 ports on the system. Another perk, is the really annoying timer noise in RS B-ball is not present.

Best Race:

823A506D-3457-472F-9653-DCE64BAF8E22_1_102_o.thumb.jpeg.5facb58b68bf07259930d77c8f7785b0.jpeg

Best Qualifier:

59"97

image.thumb.png.0a82935fb71cbb1383e2d707d66e1645.png

I've been travelling all month and then wound up with covid, too, so it's taken me this long to sit down with my beloved OE.

This game's a weird one.  For one, it seems that my laps get worse the more I play (both my top scores are from my first attempt).  Second, I don't remember cussin' this much playing it as a kid!  Maybe I just didn't know as many words back then?

18 hours ago, jeremiahjt said:

Technically it is July, but I improved my qualifying time to 59"58 and my score to 43,200.  I never could finish the third lap.

I'm going to have to omit that one, as the month did end. I screwed up and thought I had another day myself, but mine wouldn't count either, lol. I'd gotten up early to play this morning, and figured it out in my emails. Fear not, we'll do this again someday, and the regular HSC runs it as well. :)

Month of June, goes to DamonicFury, ripping off a good one. ? Lots of good runs played by all. A few of us were out sick, but I believe we're all back in action. Thanks to all who played, and I'll work on July's game. :)

Qual.

58.69  DamonicFury +3

59.52  testa +2

59.60  jetset +1

59.97  rubeon

60.79  jeremiahjt

66.15  RangerG

Main scores- 

58,400  DamonicFury +11+3=14

56,400  testa +10+2=12

53,050  rubeon +9

44,200  jetset +8+1=9