IGNORED

Lynx High Score Club 2022 Season -- What do you want to play?

Battlezone 2000. The real Battlezone 2000.

Are there any courses in Checkered Flag or Awesome Golf that do not have a record?

Looking at the games that have no high score record: Baseball Heroes, Basketbrawl, BattleWheels, Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventure, Desert Strike, Dinolympics, Dracula the Undead, Electrocop, European Soccer Challenge, okay I am done. I did not think there would be that many games without any sort of high score record. I know some of those might not have any sort of scoring system, but not all of them.

How about Hard Drivin' for an arcade experience? The record right now is stunt or speed track, pick one and have everybody compete on the same track. I vote for the speed one.

And how about the Dragon map in Shanghai? It annoys me that I do not have the record in that one.

• Thanks 2

I like the direction Jeremiah is going.

I would also like to see a recent commercial homebrew release and also one or more submissions from  @Igor’s hackathons. Although for some reason a lot of Lynx homebrew developers seem to make hackathon games without scoring ?

How about a game from @Ninjabba’s Critter Championship demo to soften us up for the final release? I would recommend Jelly Jump as I’m worst at it and it might bring @neogeo1982 back in.

And I would really like to see Lexis as I keep trying to focus on it and it keeps getting bumped behind the newest game. Maybe with a bonus challenge for Microvaders to get us ready for that rebuild from @Songbird coming soon.

I want to get back to @Fadest’s A Bug’s Trip Redux, so that would be high on the list. I never have found the secret levels…

It would be awesome to see some full retail releases made temporarily available on AtariGamer and Argon for those who can’t afford to indulge this surprisingly expensive hobby in physical form.

And I would like y’all to also post your scores on LVLUP so people know that Lynx is worth playing!

• Like 3

I'll try to join this one more often.. really enjoyed the challenges in the past and with the McWill screen in place its a great time to revisit all the games.

@jgkspsxI'm getting very close to wrapping up the Critter game, but we still need to balance it a bit with some play tests

How about some STUN Runner?

Edited by Ninjabba
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

The 2021/2022 “mini season” lasted ten months, longer than AtariAge’s flagship HSC for the 2600. I wonder if we would get more participation if it lasted no more than six months with a new game every two or three weeks. That would be eight or twelve games, which seems like plenty for a substantial season. If we wanted to include more games, we could add bonus point challenges.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Awesome Golf

Battlezone 2000

Baseball Heroes

Basketbrawl

BattleWheels

Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventure (how to score/play this one?)

Checkered Flag 

Championship Rally

Desert Strike

Dinolympics

Dracula the Undead (how to score/play this one?)

Electrocop

European Soccer Challenge

Hard Drivin'

Hydra

Ms. Pac-Man

Paperboy

Shanghai

STUN Runner

Super Asteroids

Super Off Road (No--I'm sorry but the framerate is .5 FPS)

Not a bad list so far!  Going to kick things off mid month! 

Edited by Rick Dangerous
  • Thanks 1

On 6/8/2022 at 12:06 AM, jgkspsx said:

I would also like to see a recent commercial homebrew release and also one or more submissions from  @Igor’s hackathons. Although for some reason a lot of Lynx homebrew developers seem to make hackathon games without scoring ?

How about a game from @Ninjabba’s Critter Championship demo to soften us up for the final release? I would recommend Jelly Jump as I’m worst at it and it might bring @neogeo1982 back in.

And I would really like to see Lexis as I keep trying to focus on it and it keeps getting bumped behind the newest game. Maybe with a bonus challenge for Microvaders to get us ready for that rebuild from @Songbird coming soon.

I want to get back to @Fadest’s A Bug’s Trip Redux, so that would be high on the list. I never have found the secret levels…

It would be awesome to see some full retail releases made temporarily available on AtariGamer and Argon for those who can’t afford to indulge this surprisingly expensive hobby in physical form.

And I would like y’all to also post your scores on LVLUP so people know that Lynx is worth playing!

@jgkspsx  If you post a homebrew release or hackathon title (with rom if not available on cartridge) and how best to score it; i'll do 2 games per round. 

I've been focused on moving and work the last few months and haven't kept up with the various homebrew releases, but i'm all about it if I can get a little help with the research and finding the titles/roms to post so people can participate. 

• Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 6/8/2022 at 6:06 AM, jgkspsx said:

@Ninjabba just reminded me about this topic (sorry, I don't usually look here as I spend so few time playing :( )
Of course, speaking for myself, I am fine with asking Mark & Igor to add my games for a limited time if needed (like Mark did on Project Argon during the homebrew awards votes). Also, I can create a contest demo ROM like I did for Raid on TriCity (which has only the Arcade mode, not the full game with the story rogue like mode). Just ask me ;)

• Thanks 2

• 4 months later...