IGNORED

"Life on Mars: Genesis" for the Sega Genesis / Megadrive teaser trailer (W.I.P.)

Kai_Magazine

36 minutes ago, Sargon said:

This game looks great and I hope to order soon.

One question - Why did you choose to put Genesis in the game title?  It is odd to have "Genesis" in the name, especially for someone who is buying a Mega Drive version.

Thank you for your support ^_^

The "Genesis" title is just to diferenciate it from the Life on Mars MSX2 version (which is massively different) and the PC version, which is a remake of the MSX2 version, and while the Megadrive version is a slightly downgraded port of the PC version, they are not identical so as it is common practice, when a game is different in another platform, most companies used to name it slightly different. Example: "Teenage mutant ninja turtles: Turtles in time" for the SNEs and "The hypersone heist" for the Megadrive.

The Genesis aftername suited perfectly in this game since it fits perfectly with the story (Suddenly there is life on Mars and it starts growing and evolving, so it is a genesis in the biblical sense if you will)

...and also because it sounded cool ^_^  

• Like 2

• 3 months later...

Yes!

We started the shipments a few days ago as advertised.

Shipments will take a couple of months and we will ship them in order of payment.

Please check your spam folder often to see if we sent you our shipping confirmation with the tracking information.

Thank you everyone for your support!

Edited by Kai_Magazine
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
18 hours ago, Kai_Magazine said:

Thank you for sharing this ^_^

I hope you enjoy the game!

I put in over 3 hours on it last night! While some of those bosses are a might be tough. I finally figured out that I can just go back through previous rooms and build up my energy points and started upgrading my weapon, shields, etc... It has been a lot of fun!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, -^CrossBow^- said:

I put in over 3 hours on it last night! While some of those bosses are a might be tough. I finally figured out that I can just go back through previous rooms and build up my energy points and started upgrading my weapon, shields, etc... It has been a lot of fun!

I have a strong feeling you didn't read the manual before you started playing ^_^;

I am glad you are having fun with the game!

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Kai_Magazine said:

I have a strong feeling you didn't read the manual before you started playing ^_^;

I am glad you are having fun with the game!

Oh I knew I could upgrade my weapons and such, but it just didn't really dawn on me to keep going back through the rooms over and over to grind so to speak so I could keep doing it. If I encounter a boss I'm not able to take out then I just go back through some of the easier rooms to collect more energy and then try upgrading my stuff. And no, I didn't read the manual as I played through the demo a few times and figured I knew how the game was played already?

1 hour ago, chicgamer said:

Received my copy yesterday, and just finished it today. I had fun with it. Along with being a Metroidvania, it also reminded me a little of Dead Space (one of my favorite game franchises). Is it safe to assume a sequel is in the works?

It indeed has some Dead Space vibes since it is one of my favorite games as well ^_^

There will be a sequel, but first an spin-off/prequel will be released. That spin-off will not be a Metroidvania, but an arcade game, set in the same universe as Life on Mars and expanding on the story and the main characters, so the sequel will be richer in content and depth.

Edited by Kai_Magazine
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, chicgamer said:

Received my copy yesterday, and just finished it today. I had fun with it. Along with being a Metroidvania, it also reminded me a little of Dead Space (one of my favorite game franchises). Is it safe to assume a sequel is in the works?

How long did it take you? I played it for just over 3 hours the other night and I'm not if I was close to finishing it or not? I know that most of the sections on the maps were just about filled in and I was having trouble getting through the top portion of one of the maps and finally called it a night.

4 minutes ago, -^CrossBow^- said:

How long did it take you? I played it for just over 3 hours the other night and I'm not if I was close to finishing it or not? I know that most of the sections on the maps were just about filled in and I was having trouble getting through the top portion of one of the maps and finally called it a night.

My guess is you're close to finishing it. I didn't time myself, but I'm guessing I got to the end in 3-4 hours. I decided to do a bit of grinding at the end to enhance my rifle, so I maybe spent 4-5 hours on my playthrough.

The total playthrough time may vary quite a bit from player to player depending on their previous experience with this kind of games and also on their play style.

Some people will try to play it as an arcade game, trying to find the right path and push through using skill and brute force, others enjoy exploring the full map and try to find all the upgrades and secrets, farm for resources and level up, etc.

So while some people can finish it in 4 or 5 hours (which is very quick and it will get kind of hard at the end) others will spend 8 or 10 hours and will not suffer so much at the last areas.

This is the beauty of these kinds of games, you can play them however you want.

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/14/2023 at 8:29 AM, chicgamer said:

You can still order from the Kai Magazine website. Or, if you're good, maybe Santa will send you a copy next Christmas. 😉

HAHAHAHA!!!  You are massively kind.   Well, I couldn't wait... I hit the order button on it yesterday.  Between this, Asteroite, and Alwa's Awakening... I'll be living in Metroidvaniaville for most of 2023.

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...