IGNORED

I knew I could so here you are

This is my successful proof of concept rom, padded to work on real equipment and tested.

Written in 100% Z80 assembly language mouse pointer that moves with the roller controller in 360 degrees.

After initialization it is a stationary pointer that moves with the controller.

load in CoolCV, enable the Roller Controller feature for a Colecovision pointer that moves with your mouse if configured.

It may or may not seem choppy because I am moving in increments of 3 for speed.  I also have not put any screen boundary limitations.

The normal rom is around 337 bytes but I have padded this one to 1k to test on a real Colecovision or ADAM.

I feel confident to use my new routines in any paddle based game be it driving, paddle, roller controller.

Paddle Test v2 Padded.rom

As with my 2K Pong I wanted to see how small I can get this and be functional within reason.

So, after changing a few data types around using 16 bit HL over an 8 bit A I got this thing down to 199 bytes.
Who knows if I can shave a couple of bytes more but for now it works.  At least in CoolCV.

Paddle Test v5.rom

Edited by Captain Cozmos

9 hours ago, alekmaul said:

nice, thanks to share it !

are you going to share source code to help people like me including, for example, driving controler in our sdk (pvcollib on my side) ?

What I really need is EmuTwo to be improved or finished so I can check my Roller Controller routines because at present the only way I can run the tests are through CoolCV or a real system and CoolCV does not have a debugger or the feedback with the port states.

At present I program with theory by getting the GUI and system running using GearColeco because it is 100% cycle correct with debugger.
Then I test with CoolCV because it properly uses the Roller Controller.  Then I test on real equipment.

If you could update your emulator from 2018 I should be able to work more accurately.

11 hours ago, alekmaul said:

well, you know, I'm very busy with some homebrews currently, but I put that on the "todo" list of EmulTwo.

I also have to add 'F18A' emulation to EmulTwo ...

Hey, I understand about time.  I should know being married to someone who watches TV about houses being remodeled.

If anything my KNEES know.

But, if we don't have the tools then it is really hard to fix or improve things and certainly can not create.

And at the end of the day it is people like you and Tony Cruise that provide the tools.  so....

• Like 1