IGNORED

Jaguar HSC_SEASON 15_ROUND 10 - UWOL Quest for Money

post-38373-0-81529100-1551454527_thumb.jpg

Jaguar HSC__SEASON 15__ROUND 10 - UWOL Quest for Money

(Round Over Sunday July 3rd 11:59pm EST, 7/03/2022) ROUND COMPLETE

1303948300_ScreenShot2022-06-07at10_52_55AM.thumb.png.255f7c84a0f6f854fc15df2161615ee2.png

RULES AND DIRECTIONS:

UWOL Quest for Money

Start a game of UWOL.  Post your highest score. 

If you are not familiar with the Jaguar HSC general rules and how the scoring system works, please visit this thread here: 

Jaguar HSC Season 15 Rules Regs and Scoring - Jaguar High Score Club - AtariAge Forums

Link to manual:

Paper

High Score Record:  None yet

UWOL High Scores:

1. Machine                    5,491       +10

2. doctor_shred             4,674        +8

The Current Jaguar HSC Rankings:

1. Machine                            71

2. doctor_shred                     56

3. masematte                        51

4. Wilcol                               43

5. Hyper_Eye                        23

6. LianneJaguar64                 19

7. Rick Dangerous                 14

8. tripled79                            9

9. jgkspsx                              7

10. Cobra Kai                         6

11. jblenkle                            4 

12. Darrin9999                       3 

13. cubanismo                        2    

13. doctorclu                          2

14. Iwantgames:)                   1        

14. roadrunner                       1

Please post any corrections and tag me in the post.

Edited by Rick Dangerous

I am too far in the hole to contemplate struggling through the rest of this season. When does the next one start?

It would be nice to coordinate between system HSCs at least for Atari systems as I competed seriously in 2600 and somewhat so in the endless Lynx season but had to put Jag and 7800 on the backburner because four seasons at one time (in addition to a monthly Evercade one and a weekly Facebook one I dip in and out of) is just too much. Plus the completely random round start and end dates eluded me. I know some people only focus on one system but I am a committed dilettante.

20 hours ago, Machine said:

Tempest 2000 and Rebooteroids are left.

Two great reasons to keep playing.

I feel that you may have a different perspective than most of the participants. As they say, the view is different from the top.

885EE2B7-4A81-4410-84CF-6A97185A0B8D.thumb.jpeg.af9ba43235344ffb0b10bd029f14e46b.jpeg

It seems there are effectively only four real participants. This seems like a lot of work for the benefit of four people. I am not in charge here, but if I were running this I would be looking for a way to get more people involved somehow.

1 hour ago, jgkspsx said:

I feel that you may have a different perspective than most of the participants. As they say, the view is different from the top.

885EE2B7-4A81-4410-84CF-6A97185A0B8D.thumb.jpeg.af9ba43235344ffb0b10bd029f14e46b.jpeg

It seems there are effectively only four real participants. This seems like a lot of work for the benefit of four people. I am not in charge here, but if I were running this I would be looking for a way to get more people involved somehow.

Have at it.  :)

One problem, people get behind and stop playing.

I play cuz the games are fun and I have played a lot of games I normally would NEVER play. 

I guess if your a person who only plays to win, then there isn't a point to play.

No way I am gonna miss Rebooteroids. Game is amazing and I love playing it.

Tempest is also fun and a great game, but I stink at it. Still is a lot of fun.

10 minutes ago, Machine said:

One problem, people get behind and stop playing.

This problem is less of a problem if seasons end.

I don’t really play to win per se, but when I have 7 points and I am in the middle of the pack after 13 months, that kind of takes the “competition” out of the “high score competition”, doesn’t it?

14 hours ago, jgkspsx said:

This problem is less of a problem if seasons end.

I don’t really play to win per se, but when I have 7 points and I am in the middle of the pack after 13 months, that kind of takes the “competition” out of the “high score competition”, doesn’t it?

So if you had played every game, you would have more points than 7pts. 

You are complaining you are in the middle, but your scores determine that, NOTHING else.

You can still get the high score for the next 3 games. That is "competition".

Not sure your complaint? The seasons are too long? You realize we paused this season to do a special contest.

Rules are the same for all of us and the games are voted on before the season starts.

You play the games, score well, you get points. You don't play or score well, you get less points.

Why blame others for your score? Make the effort, & take responsibility for playing or not playing. I guess I am missing something.

Your posts are coming off as whining to me, so I will bow out of the conversation.

It’s not about me or about you. What I’m saying is that I barely played at all (since most of the season covered one of the worst years of my life) and I am still in the middle of the pack. That means that a lot of people dropped out. Only four people seriously competed.

@Rick Dangerous has put a lot of effort and care into this, and to have only four people compete makes me feel his efforts are going to waste. I am suggesting ideas to hopefully increase participation.

Just a suggestion but maybe something like 4 games selected, running simultaneously over 2 months? 

That's roughly 2 weeks per game but nothing stopping you playing something else for variety? 

Might be easier to run as well.  I know I'd be more inclined to enter more scores if I could submit for a few games over a few days, and then maybe see where the standings are and work on the ones that need it.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Personally I don't frequent the forums all the time, and I play when I remember to check. I've tried a couple of rounds, I generally prefer the racing game ones because it's probably my favourite genre, though I do enjoy playing others. Sometimes it comes down to game choice, like a game I don't own or can't find a ROM of, and then I forget again. They being said I'm going to be here for T2K no question xD 

• Like 1

I don't really care about winning. It's exciting to get a top score but I really just enjoy playing the games. It gives me an incentive to play my games and often they are games that I wouldn't think to put time into otherwise. I don't always have enough time to participate in every game but I participate every chance I get. I'm happy that the schedule has been extended for each game because I would have missed more of them otherwise. I definitely will not miss Rebooteroids.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, LianneJaguar64 said:

Personally I don't frequent the forums all the time, and I play when I remember to check. I've tried a couple of rounds, I generally prefer the racing game ones because it's probably my favourite genre, though I do enjoy playing others. Sometimes it comes down to game choice, like a game I don't own or can't find a ROM of, and then I forget again. They being said I'm going to be here for T2K no question xD 

I do believe there is an archive somewhere that has anything you are looking for.

• Like 1

I think this season is on the long side because of the Rebooteroids special season that put it on pause and took place in the middle. 

It is a lot of time and energy to run these seasons but i'm happy to do it.  

I used to do shorter rounds but that had less participation because people didn't have time in 2 weeks to post a score.  The 3-4 weeks seems to give working adults more time to squeeze in a game here and there. 

I'm open to suggestions; maybe we should switch things up next Season and do something more rapid fire.  I will say closing the old round and creating the new is where the bulk of the time/energy goes because it's all manual input.  If we make things shorter it would probably be less "rounds" just because doing 12 rounds in 3 months for example would kill me time wise.

Will keep reading any input and i'll create a thread soon (or feel free to go ahead and create one) as to how best improve the HSC for next season.  Thanks for the feedback all! 

At the end of the day it's fun to participate and push yourself, i've never won the Jaguar HSC but always have fun and like to play games that maybe i don't usually pop in so often. 

I HAVE to do the occasional rare homebrew (like this round) because you can only play Tempest or Ruiner Pinball so many times...

• Like 5

I would be like to try maybe 2 games at a time for a month. That way there is plenty of time to play both. Example: like the month of July.....we do Tempest and Rebooteroids(just an example). Maybe seasons are 5 months total, for a total of 10 games. 

I like playing HSC because every few weeks I make myself play games I normally would not touch(this season is the exception, minus Pinball Fastasies)

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Machine said:

I like playing HSC because every few weeks I make myself play games I normally would not touch(this season is the exception, minus Pinball Fastasies)

For me it is the same!....but the most important reason why I play the HSC  : I play only Jaguar ... and from this point .... I like the modus as it is 

• Like 1

Actually I'm mistaken. Neither the coins nor the points are displayed on the final screen. My 206 doesn't relate to either as I played through again, got a different number of coins and points, and it still showed 206!?

Points are gained through progress and speed through the levels so may be a better measure of skill. What do people think?

Either way pausing to take a screenshot before the end seems to be the only way to record your score.