IGNORED

Rocket League 2600

p1FqO3

Holy cow, that's 108 days straight, or 650 days at 4hrs a day.

It's only been out for almost exactly 7 years, which is about 2555 days, so it averages to about an hour a day.  Wow.

I, on the other hand, tried it on switch, quit out of my first match and never went back.

You must have seen something I did not.

Actually, it's very likely I've never even spent 2600 hours on any one game console.

Edited by Reaperman
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, Reaperman said:

Actually, it's very likely I've never even spent 2600 hours on any one game console.

Yeah, I mean I played a lot of Atari back in the day but it was always shorter bursts. An hour or so at night after riding BMX or playing baseball all day, maybe a 2 or 3 hour stretch on a rainy day... wake up in the morning, play a few games of Megamania then go fishing...If I got a new game (that I liked) I'd hit it hard for a weekend (get the patch haha) but then it would be back to business as usual. During the school year I'd be lucky to get an hour a day in...didn't play at all many days. I guess total it might add up to 2600 hours now, but thats over a 40 year period haha.

maybe the NES... me and my friend were huge D&D nerds and once games like Ultima, Dragon Warrior, Final Fantasy, etc started hitting we basically stopped pencil/dice games and spent a LOT of time on the Nintendo grinding through RPG's... I can remember entire jolt cola fueled weekends where we never set the controller down. Still though, 2600 hours? I don't know...I don't think so...

I had a friend that was basically a beta tester (and dedicated player after) for the online computer game EVERQUEST. He was on it constantly, like everyday all day. One day they added this cool new feature that showed how much time you've played and he just stared blankly at the screen...

1 year

He had spent an entire year of his life playing it...and that was just his main character. He had side characters, equipment mules, etc .. From that point on he never really played computer games anymore, I think it hit him really hard lol.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Reaperman said:

Holy cow, that's 108 days straight, or 650 days at 4hrs a day.

It's only been out for almost exactly 7 years, which is about 2555 days, so it averages to about an hour a day.  Wow.

I, on the other hand, tried it on switch, quit out of my first match and never went back.

You must have seen something I did not.

I started playing in December 2016 but only started playing seriously a few months later, then I probably averaged 20 hours a week. Mostly nights, after the family goes to bed. The hours are accurate too. I've been careful to never leave it open while AFK for long. It's possible I could combine every other game I've ever played my entire life and it wouldn't add up to that many hours ?

I play on PC, the game is hot garbage on Switch :) They shouldn't even have released it for that console. Without analog throttles it's just terrible. It's OK on XBox and PS but once you get better, the latency is a factor, even TVs with gaming mode are problematic.

No matter the system though, everyone is absolutely terrible for hundreds of hours, but eventually something clicks. Most people seem to give up on the game pretty fast but there's a really great video I came across recently that does a very good job explaining what makes it such a unique game for reason that might not be obvious at first.

The only reason I posted this here is the 2600 number. I've been dreaming of some kind of 2600 game that could capture the spirit of Rocket League, with a limitless skill ceiling, for a long time but have never been able to realize it.

• Like 1