IGNORED

HSC19 R9: FINAL LEGACY

17 minutes ago, graywest said:

I like this one - never played it much, so I'm still learning the strategy. Does the trak-ball help much with the sea to air stage? Might have to dig that out...

The CX-80 trackball is worth it for any Atari 8-bit game!  For Final Legacy, you plug in the 2nd port and switch to TB mode which makes moving the crosshairs smoother than using a digital joystick.

Even in Joystick mode it's also good for games that move in eight or even two directions, just keep the joystick for 4-way games like Pac-Man.

Edited by MrMaddog
Spell check
  • Like 2

23 hours ago, graywest said:

Final Legacy (level 1): 178,300

Final Legacy (level 2): 107,600

I like this one - never played it much, so I'm still learning the strategy. Does the trak-ball help much with the sea to air stage? Might have to dig that out...

From my one play using TB not sure it helps but might do once you get used to it, but it sure adds to the fun as you hit space stick down to missile defence screen then grab the TB etc!

23 hours ago, MrMaddog said:

The CX-80 trackball is worth it for any Atari 8-bit game!  For Final Legacy, you plug in the 2nd port and switch to TB mode which makes moving the crosshairs smoother than using a digital joystick.

Even in Joystick mode it's also good for games that move in eight or even two directions, just keep the joystick for 4-way games like Pac-Man.

Welcome MrMaddog :thumbsup:

Yes games like Blaster play really well.

5 hours ago, RedThunder said:

I've played it ? But lost my score ?  Absolutly no where near the scores above.

Looking like ...

I suppose the dog ate it? :-D

Next round is due to start tomorrow, probably 4pm ish UK time, still time for VOTES and suggestions on the poll thread.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

still a day to go but I'll post this now and say congratulations to 8BIT 1337 for the provisional win :thumbsup:

Final Legacy is a good game to play here and there's a lot more to it than I remembered, think level 3-4 is where it's at. Thanks for playing everyone. Will start up the next round tomorrow night!

FINAL LEGACY

finalish legacy tables

1st   8BIT 1337                 1,825,425  13pts#
  2nd   AtariSphinx                742,150  11pts
  3rd   therealbountybob         480,175  10pts
  4th   McKong                     190,200  9pts
  5th   graywest                   178,300  8pts
  6th   MichaG                      168,250  7pts
  7th   chevymad                   167,725  6pts
  8th   RedThunder                 137,275  5pts
  9th   Deteacher                  116,600  4pts
 10th   carlsson                    112,925  3pts

11th   Fres                           18,000  2pts

#NTSC Bonus point

Bonus - play on skill levels 2-6

and if you've not been paying attention hidden bases are discovered by sinking the 1 star ships!

Bonus points!

1st   8BIT 1337                   15   5pts
  2nd   AtariSphinx                  8    4pts
  3rd   therealbountybob          7    3pts

4th   graywest                    3    2pts

5th   RedThunder                 2     1pt

Level 2
  1st   8BIT 1337                  926,350    5
  2nd   AtariSphinx                388,875    4
  3rd   graywest                   107,600    3
  4th   therealbountybob          93,350    2
  5th   RedThunder                  23,250    1

Level 3
  1st   8BIT 1337                  384,975    3
  2nd   therealbountybob        307,225    2
  3rd   AtariSphinx                155,625    1

Level 4
  1st   8BIT 1337                  175,025    2
  2nd   therealbountybob         145,600    1

Level 5
  1st   8BIT 1337                  180,525    1

Level 6
  1st   8BIT 1337                   89,100    4
  2nd   AtariSphinx                 72,725    3
  3rd   therealbountybob          59,100    2

4th   RedThunder                 23,250    1

is that everything?!

Edited by therealbountybob
late score added

On 6/29/2022 at 12:10 PM, therealbountybob said:

Final Legacy is a good game to play here and there's a lot more to it than I remembered, think level 3-4 is where it's at. Thanks for playing everyone. Will start up the next round tomorrow night!

I am definitely a fan of Level 3.  It wasn't easy but it was very satisfying to get through, and I always had a sense that I could, unlike the higher levels.

This game has also inspired me to consider getting a trackball!  All depends on cost of course :)

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, 8BIT 1337 said:

I am definitely a fan of Level 3.  It wasn't easy but it was very satisfying to get through, and I always had a sense that I could, unlike the higher levels.

This game has also inspired me to consider getting a trackball!  All depends on cost of course :)

yes get one, Millipede Missile Command and a bunch of other games are all surprisingly good TB plays, it's fun just trying them out to see how they play - can't remember if I tried Pole Position!!!

58 minutes ago, 8BIT 1337 said:

I really enjoyed that level though did not get a chance to try to complete it.  Will definitely give it another try as was surprised how much I enjoyed this game. 

Definitely get a trackball.   Unfortunately there are not many 800 or 2600 games that natively support true analog trackball mode.   You can use it on any game with the switch set to joystick mode but to really get the benefit of trackball you need games that support it.  

If you have a 2600 there are many hacks that have been made that use true trackball mode and they work great!   It is pinned in the 2600 forum.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, AtariSphinx said:

If you have a 2600 there are many hacks that have been made that use true trackball mode and they work great!   It is pinned in the 2600 forum

And of course I do, plus a Harmony cart, so that would also be sweet!

• Like 1

• The topic was unpinned
  • 2 weeks later...