IGNORED

C16 - Black Screen - BUT CPU and TED are OK? Ram?

I picked up a couple of c16s off Ebay - one I got working, the other black screens - even though I have tested working CPU and TED. I have had a c16 in the past where the socket became oxidised and after resocketing - CPU worked. This time I tried resocketing...someone has been in there before - a trace was lifted which I soldered down - but now everything seems to be making contact...still black screen. I socketed one RAM chip - just to see - but it it is the same. Any other known problematic chips in the C16 to replace? I have tried to do my research...

Anyway - for the record or if anyone else is searching around for C16 issues. I have managed to get the C16 working now (sort of - Diag264 runnign)...even though I socketed the CPU and RAM - I used further deoxidiser on the legs/sockets - and I have found this to help bring C16s back to life or to a state where something is happening. At the moment Diag264 is running until it gets to the Basic Rom then stops...I have tried a couple of working ones...so I will probably resocket the Basic ROM - because it seems to be the IC sockets on the C16 that cause most of the problems. I have an 8501 that I thought was non-operational. But with deoxidiser and cleaning it came back to life. So before you give up on your CPUs and TEDs - try deoxidiser. Not really groundbreaking information I know...