IGNORED

Games released on the Amiga, Apple II, Commodore 64, and ZX Spectrum

Was interested in seeing what games were all released on the Amiga, Apple II, Commodore 64, and ZX Spectrum out of curiosity, and I think this is all of them:

Archon II: Adept

Arkanoid

Bad Dudes

Batman: The Caped Crusader

Bubble Bobble

California Games

Commando

Death Sword

Elite

The Games: Winter Edition

Hacker

Ikari Warriors

Impossible Mission II

Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom

Little Computer People

One-on-One

Paperboy

The Pawn

Pipe Dream

Rampage

Renegade

Silent Service

Spy vs Spy

Spy vs. Spy: The Island Caper

Spy vs. Spy III: Arctic Antics

Starglider

Street Sports Basketball

Tales of the Unknown: Volume I - The Bard's Tale

Techno Cop

Times of Lore

Winter Games

World Games

Edited by electricmastro

Spectrum has the second place on that list when it comes to the amount of games. Nearly everything popular was ported to it.

The list is most likely longer but it'd be quite a task to add to it and it seems a bit pointless anyway (why these 4 machines of all available ones?)

3 minutes ago, youxia said:

Spectrum has the second place on that list when it comes to the amount of games. Nearly everything popular was ported to it.

The list is most likely longer but it'd be quite a task to add to it and it seems a bit pointless anyway (why these 4 machines of all available ones?)

It was just the computers I was interested in the most. The C64 in particular had so many games dumped onto it I notice, even more so than Spectrum.

5 hours ago, save2600 said:

Seems like a *very* short list, but is that because of the ZX Spectrum qualifier? Not familiar enough with that system.

The Apple II would be the limiting platform here.

From the late 80's, many many European software houses ported to Amiga, C=64, Spectrum (usually along with Amstrad CPC and Atari ST)

• Like 1

Okay, yeah... because there's some major holes missing above where Amiga, Apple and C64 all received ports from the likes of these companies (and many more): 

Accolade

Broderbund

EA

Infocom

Interplay

Interstel

MicroProse

Mindscape

Origin Systems

SSI

...some might be surprised at just how many games the Apple ][ actually received throughout its lifespan. And poking around LemonAmiga's site a bit and cross-checking via their advanced search, sure does seem to be a ton of ZX Spectrum conversions too as mentioned. In any event, the OP's list above is FAR from complete. ?

I think the Apple II could have been so much bigger in the games world if it would have included a sound chip and sprite ability.  But as it is, the only reason the Apple II has as many games for it as it does, is because Apple computers were in the schools first.  Families bought the Apple computer thinking that since it is in all the schools, then it would make it easier to learn on at home.  And if one has an Apple computer, might as well buy games meant to play on the Apple instead of buying another computer and use it as a gaming system.

Just my hind sight two cents.

• Like 1