IGNORED

5200 HSC Season 16 poll - When to restart

DamonicFury

Curious when people want to start up another season on the 5200 HSC  

8 members have voted

1. 1. Is there any interest in a 16th season of the 5200 HSC?

• Yes, please! Start it as soon as possible.
    • Not right now, I could use a long break.
    • No, I'm done with the 5200 HSC.

• Please sign in to vote in this poll.

Participation was down a good bit in HSC Season 15, particularly toward then end.  As such, here's a poll to gauge interest in starting up a new season.  Besides the poll, please feel free to make posts expanding on your thoughts about 5200 HSC Season 16.

I picked the quick restart, but I understand the lack of participation putting things on hold.  Generally speaking I have not participated in the 5200 High Score Club often, but I have been pretty active lately.  I have been increasing my 5200 collection recently and this gives me a perfect reason to play the games.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, rubeon said:

I’d be fine with a couple weeks off, but more than that and I get antsy :)

Ok, 5 votes for a quick restart is good enough for me.  Rubeon, if you could please send me your choices for the first poll of the 16th season, I’ll get it posted right away.  ?

4 hours ago, rubeon said:

Yo, here are the five I would like to submit for consideration:

1. Astro Chase

2. Defender

3. Megamania

4. Zone Ranger

and rounding out our spaceship-themed(?) opening list

5. Star Trek: Strategic Operations Simulator

Damn this is tough. Nothing against your choices! I just only 1 of those carts that you listed. Hopefully going to change that soon. 

My top 5 would be 

River Raid

Missle Command

Berserk

Robotron 2084

Defender

But again my choices make no impact on the decision lol. 

22 hours ago, rubeon said:

Yo, here are the five I would like to submit for consideration:

1. Astro Chase

2. Defender

3. Megamania

4. Zone Ranger

and rounding out our spaceship-themed(?) opening list

5. Star Trek: Strategic Operations Simulator

Thanks!  Will get the poll up shortly. 

17 hours ago, Micheloni2600 said:

If you were to win this upcoming season, that could change.  ?

As for not owning the right carts, please feel free to use emulation until you obtain them (or a multicart.)

21 hours ago, Micheloni2600 said:

Damn this is tough. Nothing against your choices! I just only 1 of those carts that you listed. Hopefully going to change that soon. 

My top 5 would be 

River Raid

Missle Command

Berserk

Robotron 2084

Defender

These aren’t necessarily my favourite games on the 5200, just a few I hadn’t touched in a while and wanted to spend more time playing :)

i can’t really stress enough how much I recommend getting a flash cart! I have an Atarimax Ultimate SD and it really opens up the system.  Not only do you never miss a round of the HSC, but you can try stuff out that never even got a true release such as prototypes and XL conversions. Not to mention it also saves wear and tear on the system and your precious cartridges. 

DamonicFury - thanks for moderating this club.  I have limited availability during the summer, but will join whenever you restart.  I do have two requests: 1) can the end time of the rounds be moved later on Sunday night - to perhaps to 11:00 p.m. EST/8 PST?  That will give usually me a better window to get a few more rounds in. Also, would any one be interested in trying to set up some parameters to put some of the sports games up for a vote in round 16 or create some other type special round for a group of them?  Perhaps using single player games (like baseball (an excellent game, but may be hard to run on an emulator), soccer, tennis, basketball?, football) judged by a score differential or a similar standard?

15 hours ago, Bemis said:

DamonicFury - thanks for moderating this club.  I have limited availability during the summer, but will join whenever you restart.  I do have two requests: 1) can the end time of the rounds be moved later on Sunday night - to perhaps to 11:00 p.m. EST/8 PST?  That will give usually me a better window to get a few more rounds in.

You are quite welcome.  We'll be restarting next week.   As for closing the rounds a bit later, sure, that's not a problem.  A lot of times, I'll be busy with something and don't get around to closing the last round and opening the next one until around 11pm anyway.  So, lets make it a close time of 11pm EST on Sundays.

15 hours ago, Bemis said:

Also, would any one be interested in trying to set up some parameters to put some of the sports games up for a vote in round 16 or create some other type special round for a group of them?  Perhaps using single player games (like baseball (an excellent game, but may be hard to run on an emulator), soccer, tennis, basketball?, football) judged by a score differential or a similar standard?

I don't think anyone has ever asked for the sports games before.  I know RealSports Baseball is considered to be incredible on the 5200, but I haven't heard many kind words for the others.  I sure don't mind throwing RSB into a poll in the near future.  We'll see if anyone else is up for playing it.  ?

2 hours ago, Cafeman said:

The biggest blowout score would be the winner of that round?

That sounds like the best way to do it to me.  Your score - the computers score = your HSC entry.

2 hours ago, Cafeman said:

Realsports Curling is a new and worthy sports title, and the ROM file was released for it too.  

I'm up for anything people want to play, but between curling's small fan base and the fact that some of our already small group of players seem to prefer more common vintage games, I'd be shocked to see that one win a poll.  But, hey, I'll throw anything that's requested into a poll and let the gamers decide.  Expect to see that in a HSC poll sometime this season as well.

I just have seen these updates I aquired a decent amount of carts as of lately. 2 primo working controllers 20+ carts for my 5200 as well as a slight adjustment on the inner pokey adjustment needless to say I'm rocking and rolling and am excited to participate in this new season. I'm gonna get my ass handed to me though ?

23 hours ago, DamonicFury said:

I don't think anyone has ever asked for the sports games before.  I know RealSports Baseball is considered to be incredible on the 5200, but I haven't heard many kind words for the others.  I sure don't mind throwing RSB into a poll in the near future.  We'll see if anyone else is up for playing it.

20 hours ago, DamonicFury said:

That sounds like the best way to do it to me.  Your score - the computers score = your HSC entry.

As somebody who has never played any of the 5200 sports games, I do have a question.  Are any of them two player only?  There are a few 2600 sports games that cannot be played one player and I was wondering if any of the 5200 games fall into that category.  That being said, I am more than willing to play any of the sports games also.

28 minutes ago, jeremiahjt said:

As somebody who has never played any of the 5200 sports games, I do have a question.  Are any of them two player only?  There are a few 2600 sports games that cannot be played one player and I was wondering if any of the 5200 games fall into that category.  That being said, I am more than willing to play any of the sports games also.

I'm not remotely an expert on the sports games, but some very quick research turned up that RealSports Football is two-players only.  The others appear to have single player options.