IGNORED

Lock 'n' Chase Rebooted (Lock 'n' Chase Hack)

alfredtdk

Lock 'n' Chase Rebooted ?

There is a very interesting discussion going on about Lock 'n' chase for the atari 2600, which M. Network could have done more in the Arcade to 2600 conversion, etc. Who wants to check out the topic.

The hack  Lock 'n' chase version by TIX  is very cool, I recommend downloading it. It inspired me to do this quick hack. Thank you TIX.
In fact, I don't really like the red color of the protagonist, but if it's to have fidelity. I prefer a more purple tone and the cops wear red. I think it contrasts well with the blue of the labyrinth. That's why I release these two hacks as main versions. The pack contains the other attempts that were discarded, but maybe someone likes the discarded versions.

Captura de tela_2022-06-14_19-00-27.png

Captura de tela_2022-06-14_19-01-05.png

Captura de tela_2022-06-14_17-23-48.png

Lock 'n' Chase Rebooted (Lock 'n' Chase Hack) (2022) (Alfredtdk).bin

Edited by alfredtdk
  • Like 4

I think I like the colors you used in the top post.  You're really a good source of games that are less well known to folks like myself and I'm glad you're hacking them.  I grew up as a Nintendo kid and, outside of the top ten most famous ones, didn't really have any experience with Atari until recently.

• Thanks 1

22 hours ago, LatchKeyKid said:

I think I like the colors you used in the top post.  You're really a good source of games that are less well known to folks like myself and I'm glad you're hacking them.  I grew up as a Nintendo kid and, outside of the top ten most famous ones, didn't really have any experience with Atari until recently.

And this totally B/W version that I'll be posting, Limbo style? I renamed the file as if the plot was set in the 40s, with the monochromatic style of films from that time.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
On 6/14/2022 at 6:12 PM, alfredtdk said:

Lock 'n' Chase Rebooted ?

There is a very interesting discussion going on about Lock 'n' chase for the atari 2600, which M. Network could have done more in the Arcade to 2600 conversion, etc. Who wants to check out the topic.

The hack  Lock 'n' chase version by TIX  is very cool, I recommend downloading it. It inspired me to do this quick hack. Thank you TIX.
In fact, I don't really like the red color of the protagonist, but if it's to have fidelity. I prefer a more purple tone and the cops wear red. I think it contrasts well with the blue of the labyrinth. That's why I release these two hacks as main versions. The pack contains the other attempts that were discarded, but maybe someone likes the discarded versions.

Captura de tela_2022-06-14_19-00-27.png

Captura de tela_2022-06-14_19-01-05.png

Captura de tela_2022-06-14_17-23-48.png

Lock 'n' Chase Rebooted (Lock 'n' Chase Hack) (2022) (Alfredtdk).bin 4 kB · 64 downloads

For some reason, every time I try to download any of these hack files, it gives me an error. Is anyone else experiencing that also?

• 1 month later...

Lucky Chase was a pleasant surprise, I didn't expect a new port to arrive for the Atari 2600. I was very happy to see the game's debut on ZPH.
Great job, very close to the Arcade version.
Before that I had made many variations of the original version that are present in this topic and I found in my library a hack version that I had not posted here, with yellow labyrinths and corridors in wine.

Screenshot_20230124_021827.png

Wine - Lock 'n' Chase Rebooted.bin

• Like 1