IGNORED

Alley Cat Multiplayer?

Xebec

It has, not responding to a 2nd stick here?

Maybe I screwed up the input mapping but apart from select and option both adjust the level of difficulty I can't see how it's 2 player (happy to be wrong)

Checked Atarimania and deffo set as 1 player only..

Edited by Mclaneinc

11 hours ago, TGB1718 said:

I can only see it as one player also, can't see any way to make it 2 player

Indeed, given the mechanics of the game (going from one screen to another one when completing an objective or reaching a target spot), it doesn't look like a game suitable for more than one player at a time...

Probably just that, you could grab the directions off of Atarimania. I think there was difficulty, number of lives (maybe a trainer hack). etc. I haven't messed around with Freddy, Bowser, and the white cat in a long time... Felicia was the goal. That's about all it. The white cat knocks you off the cans and calls the dog (bowser). The white cat has a name and I can't remember it.. I am too lazy to get the pdf... someone can do it, it's one click too far for me... I know, sad but true...

1 hour ago, _The Doctor__ said:

Probably just that, you could grab the directions off of Atarimania. I think there was difficulty, number of lives (maybe a trainer hack). etc. I haven't messed around with Freddy, Bowser, and the white cat in a long time... Felicia was the goal. That's about all it. The white cat knocks you off the cans and calls the dog (bowser). The white cat has a name and I can't remember it.. I am too lazy to get the pdf... someone can do it, it's one click too far for me... I know, sad but true...

My cassette tape didn't come with any manual, only instructions on the label on placing it on the program recorder and then turning on the computer while holding down the OPTION and START keys... never knew the cats and the dog had any names!

On 6/18/2022 at 12:08 AM, Beeblebrox said:

I took it that it was turn based multiplaying that was being implied, rather than a simultaneous multiplayer, which as mentioned wouldn't be possible.

But, yeah, looks to be just a single player game. 

But at what point could a second player get a turn? When the first player loses a life?

Edited by machf

I find those sorts of games where it's your turn when player one dies, pretty annoying as if player one tends to be a gaming god then waiting to play gets a bit boring and if player two isn't so good and has got bored they tend to die straight away, making the whole process totally painful :)

1 hour ago, Mclaneinc said:

I find those sorts of games where it's your turn when player one dies, pretty annoying as if player one tends to be a gaming god then waiting to play gets a bit boring and if player two isn't so good and has got bored they tend to die straight away, making the whole process totally painful :)

@MclaneincBeen there before.... I'd invariably fall into the latter catagory whilst my mate's would storm ahead. Gaming was often more of a spectator sport for me heh heh!!;)

Yup, I'm said player two as well except when it was my brother and we played Defender. He would bring his 400 around for a challenge on the game, he had to sit and watch and you could see the annoyance that I was slamming him.

He was ultra competitive and as it was his younger brother, that made it even worse.. Me, I just enjoy the playing, winning is nice but playing is the real joy. (mind you, as I don't see the end of many games these days, its the sort of thing you would expect me to say :)  )

Saying that, I don't play much these days, keep buying PS4 games (2nd hand ones) and play for an hour if I'm lucky and then barely ever touch them, which equates to me being stupid :)