IGNORED

What classic game do you wanna see remade for modern consoles?

• 2 months later...

What a fun thread. I wish more Saturn games would get upgraded. Or even just thrown in a new collection as is would suffice at this point.

Grandia - Saturn, not that PS1 port

Shining Force 3 - Maybe all 3 discs this time

Burning Rangers - with co-op enabled

Dragon Force - and part 2 translated

Thunderforce 5

G-Vector

• Like 2

12 hours ago, neogeo1982 said:

What a fun thread. I wish more Saturn games would get upgraded. Or even just thrown in a new collection as is would suffice at this point.

Grandia - Saturn, not that PS1 port

Shining Force 3 - Maybe all 3 discs this time

Burning Rangers - with co-op enabled

Dragon Force - and part 2 translated

Thunderforce 5

G-Vector

I’d love to finally play Shining Force 3. Good call.

• Like 3

I want to see maybe(to start) a remaster of the original first two WING COMMANDER games and their expansions done for a modern machine, AI, handling, all un-screwed with like how C&C got brought back from the 1990s.  Just give it a huge eye and ear candy overhaul.  If it works, then look into doing the franchise again sticking to that era, the pre-friends with the fuzzies time frame, or something utterly new like Prophecy did.

Let's be honest, Robots is a charlatain and been screwing with peoples minds, hopes, and millions from wallets with this star citizen shit show distraction far far too long.

• Like 2

The problem with F-Zero is it's not as popular as gamers think it is. There was a very good French article about F-zero and futuristic racers, that showed that most of these games were not that successful - including WipEout, which may explain why Sony also dropped it (I'm not sure, but I think the N64 episode is the one that sold the most in the series, which is crazy). And in the case of Nintendo, they already have a hugely popular racer with weapons of course... Maybe the easiest route would be to remaster F-Zero GX, though (especially if they can make the solo mode easier 😅).

• Like 2

1 hour ago, roots.genoa said:

The problem with F-Zero is it's not as popular as gamers think it is. There was a very good French article about F-zero and futuristic racers, that showed that most of these games were not that successful - including WipEout, which may explain why Sony also dropped it (I'm not sure, but I think the N64 episode is the one that sold the most in the series, which is crazy). And in the case of Nintendo, they already have a hugely popular racer with weapons of course... Maybe the easiest route would be to remaster F-Zero GX, though (especially if they can make the solo mode easier 😅).

I think the "official" official reason from Nintendo was that they had already perfected the series with GX/AX and would only come back to it, if something new could be implemented. Which is a bizarre reason when you look at all the nearly identical entries in the Mario/Zelda series for example. Surely you could easily inject something new to F-Zero. Granted, GX is almost perfect as is, but it's missing the random track generator from X and online multiplayer, which could be a huge hook for modern consoles.

And hey, the fun from GX solo mode comes from the fact that you want go cry in a corner in despair because you made a 0,00001 second wrong move. Mario Kart can be the easy family fun affair but leave F-Zero to torment our souls for not being worthy. But yeah, insane difficulty probably doesn't amount to sales.

5 minutes ago, roots.genoa said:

Have you heard about Super Mario Odyssey and Breath of the Wild? 🤨

Yes, fair enough. Should have used the word: some, not all. A more better comparison would be the Mario Kart series. Some new gimmick seems to always justify a new entry but the core has remained the same, you race around a circuit and get power ups and shenanigans happen. So it's a strange reason. But then again, MK is a system seller while F-Zero is not.

On 9/4/2022 at 6:17 PM, Tanooki said:

I want to see maybe(to start) a remaster of the original first two WING COMMANDER games and their expansions done for a modern machine, AI, handling, all un-screwed with like how C&C got brought back from the 1990s.  Just give it a huge eye and ear candy overhaul.  If it works, then look into doing the franchise again sticking to that era, the pre-friends with the fuzzies time frame, or something utterly new like Prophecy did.

Let's be honest, Robots is a charlatain and been screwing with peoples minds, hopes, and millions from wallets with this star citizen shit show distraction far far too long.

I would love to see remakes of Wing Commander I and II!  Privateer was pretty great too!

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Frozone212 said:

Rebel assault and Rebel assault 2 with fixed controls and free flying segments and updated graphics

What do you mean by "updated graphics"? It's full motion video, so either you just remaster the videos, or you recreate the whole game in full 3D, which would be the solution for your "free flying segments". But it would be a bit silly to restrain to the same on-rails formula in full 3D imho. Maybe you should play Rogue Leader instead...

• Like 1