IGNORED

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Shredder's Revenge -- get it!

digdugnate

I picked up TMNT: Shredder's Revenge this morning and had a chance to sink about an hour into it so far. 

Get it get it get it! If you're a fan of the TMNT cartoon or beat-em-ups, you won't be disappointed at all, I don't think.

Anyone else planning on picking up TMNT?

Edited by digdugnate
  • Like 2

I played for about 10 mins and it seems pretty cool during that brief time.  Like they added a bit of depth beyond the arcade games.

Not gameplay related, but seems like they messed up the theme song, though.  Like there was a drum track that doesn't quite fit pasted behind it.  And they were ashamed that Donatello "does machines" or something so they rushed out some odd sounding line that mushes he and Leo together.

I've got it on PC, has some bugs that caused an annoying issue where it trashed my save file.

Largely it's great, the only part that I think utterly sucks, unavoidable hits.  They exist in the game, usually when you're in mid-animation striking a target, another can hit you and cause damage.  This also includes the famous grab hold throw or left-right slam slam move.  You can easily lose at least 1/4 or more of your life by the time a pizza pops up somewhere from hits you can't avoid where you've otherwise played well and not taken a hit by your own fault.  What's worse if you're a challenge nut, one of those challenges is take no damage.

I suggest finding 5 friends, having them save you in the center and make sure you don't get a scratch, or hack a trainer for it, as it won't happen. :)

• Like 1

9 hours ago, digdugnate said:

I picked up TMNT: Shredder's Revenge this morning and had a chance to sink about an hour into it so far. 

Get it get it get it! If you're a fan of the TMNT cartoon or beat-em-ups, you won't be disappointed at all, I don't think.

I bought the game this evening and plan on playing it in bed tonight. From what I’ve seen of it so far, it’s truly a love letter to 90s gaming.

Edited by ColecoGamer
  • Like 1

22 hours ago, digdugnate said:

Will probably check it out once my Steam Deck arrives, which still won't be for some time apparently (currently July - September).

19 hours ago, Tempest said:

Kind of pricey for an arcade style beat-em up isn't it ($25 at the time of this post)?  How much replay does it have? 

I think it depends on how much of a completionist you are.  You can level the playable characters to their max level (10), there's several sets of collectibles, hidden stuff, etc.

I think maxing everyone out would probably take around twelve hours, give or take.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, simbalion said:

with no announcement of a possible physical release

Are you kidding? There are multiple physical releases from Limited Run Games and Merge Games. They are not available yet, though; the standard releases will be available at the end of July at Amazon (at least in Europe) for instance.

• Like 2

Thank you all for putting me straight! Seems like that hasn't made the rounds at local stores yet. I saw the gameplay videos last night and after traveling around today and not finding a lot of things I was looking for, hearing it was just digital and no idea of a physical release left me in a mood. It looks like a blast of a game and should make for some good stress relief. :)