IGNORED

Is this a scam?

JagChris

It uses paypal.

I gave it try.

This is what came up in Paypal:

You sent a payment of $95.49 USD to xin jiang xian tian heng min sheng ke ji you xian gong si (bredyhuyz@hotmail.com)

So, At least there is buyer protection. I'll wait a month and see.

The inventory said 5 left before and after I ordered.

8 hours ago, H454 said:

It uses paypal.

I gave it try.

This is what came up in Paypal:

You sent a payment of $95.49 USD to xin jiang xian tian heng min sheng ke ji you xian gong si (bredyhuyz@hotmail.com)

So, At least there is buyer protection. I'll wait a month and see.

The inventory said 5 left before and after I ordered.

If it doesn't work their going for around 220 to 250 for the 800 on ebay, mostly new stock from scalpers selling new gamestop units.

Same with me. I ordered one too just to see what happens. Still says 5 remaining even though those windows are constantly coming up notifying me that another has just sold. I'll be surprised if we get this. Not so much because of the price (GameStop offered them for $100 not long ago) but just the weird unlimited stock this guy seems to have. If it wasn't for PayPal buyer protection I wouldn't have taken the chance.

• Like 2

16 hours ago, frankodragon said:

Strange.  Little windows pop up about those who bought it it yet it still says 5 available.  Doing a google maps search, the address below points to this:

image.thumb.png.dab63b8c3fbb18098d3a30e3789e359c.png

Seems like xin jiang xian tian heng min sheng ke ji you xian gong si is living rather well, thanks to your purchases of his scalped /stolen goods.

• Haha 3

Anybody get a shipping notification on this yet?  It says it ships between 8 and 24 hours.  I actually saw this a few days ago but passed it up as too good to be true.

BTW, here is another :)

https://www.nothaza.com/products/Atari-VCS-800-Black-Walnut-All-In-Bundle?variant_sku_code=311739-0-0-0-0-0-0

Edited by The Helper

That site looks to be a fashion site selling dresses and boots etc.

A search for "VCS"

Curious,  no?

If it doesn't work,   I sure hope PayPal covers you!  They screwed me over once back in the eBay Protection days...Sent an email saying I'd get my money back, followed 3 days later by an email saying the seller had closed his bank account and it would be up to me to get with the seller and try to get my money back!  I lost about $75 that day.

48 minutes ago, GoldLeader said:

That site looks to be a fashion site selling dresses and boots etc.

A search for "VCS"

Curious,  no?

If it doesn't work,   I sure hope PayPal covers you!  They screwed me over once back in the eBay Protection days...Sent an email saying I'd get my money back, followed 3 days later by an email saying the seller had closed his bank account and it would be up to me to get with the seller and try to get my money back!  I lost about $75 that day.

If paypal tries to be a PITA, I just go down to my credit union and spend 15 minutes filling out paper work.

I never had to argue with any of my credit unions about this kind of stuff or anything else.

If anybody here still uses regular banks when they have the option for a local credit union, they are losing out.

Really, I would set my money on fire before I would use US Bank, Wells Fargo or Bank of America ever again.

• Like 4

Yeah, I've seen enough of these sites that everything in general about screams scam to me. Right of the bat I saw that they're supposedly based in Missouri but have a Kentucky area code phone number. Not a dead giveaway in this day and age of mobile phones, and originally being from Kentucky is the only reason I caught it, but it seemed a bit odd to me. I've seen plenty of those laptop overstock  for insanely owe prices posts on Facebook that lead to sites exactly liked this.

Hopefully, you'll be protected by PayPal, but there's no way I'd have clicked on anything from a site liked that.

• Like 3

Paypal pays out for an obvious scam and then passes the cost onto us by raising fees.

Scammer makes money.

Scammers find it lucrative so we get more scam sites, spam emails and scam robo-dial phone calls.

People deserve to lose every cent in situations like this with no help from PP or CC companies.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

I emailed Troile customer service to inquire about my order (my VCS order didn't appear under "my orders" in my Troile account). My emails were being returned as "undeliverable". 

Yesterday I contacted PayPal and asked them to inquire about this company (seller appears in PayPal as "verified" but "non-US").

Today received an email from PayPal stating "We're reviewing the information provided by shan xi li shang yuan ke ji you xian gong si".

Finally a few minutes ago I got the following message from PayPal - "We reviewed the case you filed on June 20, 2022 and have decided in your favor. We've issued a refund of $95.49 USD to you."

Edited by livingonwheels
  • Like 4

On 6/19/2022 at 10:09 AM, Turbo-Torch said:

Paypal pays out for an obvious scam and then passes the cost onto us by raising fees.

Scammer makes money.

Scammers find it lucrative so we get more scam sites, spam emails and scam robo-dial phone calls.

People deserve to lose every cent in situations like this with no help from PP or CC companies.

Agreed.

If you have $100 that you're willing to toss around to an unknown site or seller, then more power to you.
Personally I would think twice.

That's why I don't get this willingness for people buying crap on aliexpress and alibaba.  Not only are these Chinese sites peddlers of dubious goods, but who knows what else they're doing with your payment and address info.  
But hey, anything to save a few cents.  Meh.

• Like 5

7 hours ago, livingonwheels said:

I emailed Troile customer service to inquire about my order (my VCS order didn't appear under "my orders" in my Troile account). My emails were being returned as "undeliverable". 

Yesterday I contacted PayPal and asked them to inquire about this company (seller appears in PayPal as "verified" but "non-US").

Today received an email from PayPal stating "We're reviewing the information provided by shan xi li shang yuan ke ji you xian gong si".

Finally a few minutes ago I got the following message from PayPal - "We reviewed the case you filed on June 20, 2022 and have decided in your favor. We've issued a refund of $95.49 USD to you."

I can't imagine with a name like "shan xi li shang yuan ke ji you xian gong si" that this was not legit.

• Haha 2

6 hours ago, Leonard Smith said:

But hey, anything to save a few cents.

Hey - all hail China and saving those pennies.  Look where it's gotten us.  Put all our eggs in one basket, decided that global industry should 100 rely on single point of contact, JIT (Just In Time) for parts stock, and then wonder why we're in the state we are.  But hey, at least America has no manufacturing, or tech, or production industries now.  At least there's that positive.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Stephen said:

I can't imagine with a name like "shan xi li shang yuan ke ji you xian gong si" that this was not legit.

Yeah, he's totally trustworthy.... But lemme tell ya... His brother, Shan Xi Li Shang Ke Ji Xian Yuan Gong You Si"... total thieving douchebag.

• Haha 5

Classic scam site. And by "classic," I simply mean that it fits the mold, as I've never heard of this particular one before. Their use of emojis in their Guarantees section, as well as mention of "air express and ocean shipping" were giveaways for me, along with the aforementioned residential address. 

I've got a spare NIB VCS that I can pass along for less than the going eBay rate if anyone is interested. 

• Like 2

17 hours ago, Stephen said:

Hey - all hail China and saving those pennies.  Look where it's gotten us.  Put all our eggs in one basket, decided that global industry should 100 rely on single point of contact, JIT (Just In Time) for parts stock, and then wonder why we're in the state we are.  But hey, at least America has no manufacturing, or tech, or production industries now.  At least there's that positive.

This is BITING sarcasm over here!  Watch your fingers!  

PS Agreed!

Ooooh,  or maybe that's the problem A GREED...?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1