IGNORED

Making A New Atari 5200 Controller In The Original Form Factor

Lucas Lac124

On 12/8/2022 at 12:11 AM, Greg2600 said:

Haven't head from Lucas in three months, not sure if that bodes well for these?

I am currrently part of the way through the hardest academic year of my life so far, and consequentially, I have had almost no time to devote to this project. It is not dead, only sidelined until I have some room to breath. There is a chance that I will be able to quite significantly increase the number of controllers that I make when I finally find the time, but patience is once again all that I can ask for.

• Like 6

3 hours ago, Lucas Lac124 said:

I am currrently part of the way through the hardest academic year of my life so far, and consequentially, I have had almost no time to devote to this project. It is not dead, only sidelined until I have some room to breath. There is a chance that I will be able to quite significantly increase the number of controllers that I make when I finally find the time, but patience is once again all that I can ask for.

Take your time, the fact that you are doing this for us is highly appreciated. I patiently wait :)

Edited by David Alexander
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

- Update June 6th, 2023 - 

Work has resumed on the Atari 5200 VX controller! I can make no definite promises yet as to timeline, but I expect it to cost just about the same $100 originally specified in this post (before shipping and tax). I will likely make future updates a new topic, such that the majority of questions and constructive criticisms about the controller can be answered in a single header post, instead of several forum pages. I have decided to allow direct controller purchases, as well as eBay sales, because eBay's selling fees are getting ridiculous, and a process for that will be implemented in the future (the controller will likely cost about 15% more if purchased through eBay). I will need time to finish this, as I decided to do a lot of ground-up controller redesign after backing myself into a few corners. All of the things that made the controller good previously are still present in this new version, and you can expect many more regular updates than made in the past year.

Thank you,

Lucas Lac124.

Controller Revised Pinout 6-6-23.PNG

Random Process Picture 4.jpg

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1