IGNORED

HSC Summer 2022 - Round 2 Vote

BydoEmpire

HSC Summer 2022 - Round 2 Vote  

5 members have voted

1. 1. It's time for a blockbuster summer popcorn flick: a lone action hero takes on the world... but which one?

• Rambo: First Blood Part II
    • Dead Angle

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 06/27/2022 at 03:59 AM

Vote for the game we'll play in round 2. It's summer time, and that means big budget action movies where a lone hero takes on the world... at least, it did in the 80s and 90s when the Master System was fighting the good fight.  Which one do you all want to play for round 2?  Off to Vietnam to rescue POWs, or the mean streets of Chicago to clean up crime?

Round 2 will run June 27 - July 10.

I won't vote unless it's a tie, then I get to be the tiebreaker.

Edited by BydoEmpire

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, BydoEmpire said:

I’ve definitely got Space Harriet on the radar. Maybe we can do an all-Rambo round too. Thanks for the suggestions.

Rambo III would probably be fun, but of the light gun games I have actually tried to find better settings for, Rambo III is the only one I cannot improve.  I have found settings to make Marksman Shooting & Trap Shooting, Missile Defense 3-D, and Gangster Town better, but no matter what I do I cannot get Rambo III to let me hit a decent chunk of the screen.

I should probably give Safari Hunt, Shooting Gallery, and Rescue Mission a try too.  I do not have Wanted though.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, jeremiahjt said:

Rambo III would probably be fun, but of the light gun games I have actually tried to find better settings for, Rambo III is the only one I cannot improve.  I have found settings to make Marksman Shooting & Trap Shooting, Missile Defense 3-D, and Gangster Town better, but no matter what I do I cannot get Rambo III to let me hit a decent chunk of the screen.

What settings do you normally adjust (and how) to improve them?

I've been really curious about how poorly the light guns work using Composite connections and wondering what's the deal?  I seem to have fixed my issues by using the component cables from HR Retrovision, but since we didn't have that back in the day, I wonder why these guns seemed to work properly with "normal" connections back then, but not now.

NES Zapper works fine, but XE gun, SMS Blaster, and Genesis Justifier guns are a mess for me without jacking up the brightness or using component cables.  This is testing across 3 different screens that all work properly otherwise.

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, Razzie.P said:

What settings do you normally adjust (and how) to improve them?

I've been really curious about how poorly the light guns work using Composite connections and wondering what's the deal?  I seem to have fixed my issues by using the component cables from HR Retrovision, but since we didn't have that back in the day, I wonder why these guns seemed to work properly with "normal" connections back then, but not now.

NES Zapper works fine, but XE gun, SMS Blaster, and Genesis Justifier guns are a mess for me without jacking up the brightness or using component cables.  This is testing across 3 different screens that all work properly otherwise.

I have always heard to move brightness to max so I always keep it there. Most of my luck lately has been by lowering the color really low.

Rambo III actually works with the color higher though. Unfortunately the best I have ever got it I still cannot hit in the farthest quarter left and right. A lot of the enemies come in from the sides and get a lot of time to hit you before walking into my range.