IGNORED

"Road Riot 4WD" Unreleased Genesis Game Found & Dumped (1993 build)

DrBizz

Hi everyone. One of the prototypes in my collection turns out to be an unreleased game, called "Road Riot 4WD". This game was an Atari arcade game that was ported to the SNES, and a version was in development for the Genesis but never released despite seeming to be complete or near complete. I have successfully dumped and released the build on my development cart, and I made a video showing that process as well as the cart itself. There was another build found (I have no information about how) from 1992 but mine is dated 1993, so it is a later build. I have not noticed any obvious differences besides the title screen.

Here is the link to my video, the download link is in the description. All I ask for is to like and sub. Thanks everyone!
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 5

On 6/22/2022 at 5:47 AM, Asaki said:

Frank Cifaldi and/or Hidden Palace might be able to tell you more about any differences: https://hiddenpalace.org/Road_Riot_4WD_(Prototype)

Thanks for the response, I thought I had setup an email notification for a reply to this thread but didn't get one, sorry about that. I've heard of Frank, I will definitely reach out to him and anyone else who might be experienced with the game. I have tried several times to beat it on the easiest difficulty and still can't do it haha. I want to see the ending sequence/screen etc.

25 minutes ago, Lostdragon said:

Seen it listed as an Atari Panther title over the years, never found a shred of evidence to prove it was ever anything more than either a potential planned title or mere magazine speculation...

Well there was that Falcon 030 port, maybe they were planning on porting that over?

4 hours ago, Tempest said:

Well there was that Falcon 030 port, maybe they were planning on porting that over?

Could well of been just that. 

Most of the press were doing the usual Domark signed up, so expect to see Tengen conversions of titles such as... 

Then listing games that had been converted to ST such as Pitfighter, which thanks to sources at both Domark and Tengen, we know were never started on Panther. 

Press just loved running with assumptions. 

On 6/25/2022 at 7:44 AM, Lostdragon said:

Seen it listed as an Atari Panther title over the years, never found a shred of evidence to prove it was ever anything more than either a potential planned title or mere magazine speculation... 

So fantastic to see more on Prototypes of the MD version. 

Interesting, yeah that would have made sense once they got this far they realized the super low framerate and choppy gameplay just didn't work, and had planned to port or rebuild it for a more powerful system.

• Like 1