IGNORED

MAME PC Questions

Tempest

If you care to post your ini files I can try them on my setup. By using various mixes of the Triple Buffering, Synchronized Refresh, and Wait Vert Sync., I was able to get the tearing effect (or not).

And there's always MAMEWORLD forums. Some devs hang out there so it's a good place to ask.

I haven't touched any of the options.  I'm not sure where the ini file is in MAMEUI, I don't see it in the main folder.  I know you can generate one from regular MAME with a command, but I assume it will just be the default one.

On most all my setups I'm just using the straight-away standard-issue MAME from the official mamedev.org site. I either tweak the settings globally in MAME.INI, or sometimes game specific like ZAXXON.INI. And I do that through MAME (or notepad) itself.

MAME.INI would be found in the same folder as the MAME.EXE executable.

1 hour ago, Tempest said:

I haven't touched any of the options.  I'm not sure where the ini file is in MAMEUI, I don't see it in the main folder.  I know you can generate one from regular MAME with a command, but I assume it will just be the default one.

It won't create a mame.ini file until you change one of the settings.  In Mameui go to "Default system options" and toggle on "run in a window", for example.

8 minutes ago, mr_me said:

It won't create a mame.ini file until you change one of the settings.  In Mameui go to "Default system options" and toggle on "run in a window", for example.

Yeah ok, that explains it.  I haven't changed anything other than playing with those advanced video options.