IGNORED

ST Action magazine archive

For those interested, I have been working to pull together scanned issues of ST Action magazine.  Where I have not yet scanned and converted issues and these were available, I have linked to them on Atarimania for now.  These will eventually be updated to the ones I scan.

https://chillichai.com/st-action-archive

ST-Action-Logo-150x150.png

I am missing issues 6, 45 and 57 if anyone has them and would like to contribute to completing the set.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 3

17 hours ago, TheNightOwl said:

I had scanned a lot of my issues (quality may vary) before selling them a couple of years ago - if you still need any of those remaining ones am happy to see if what I have will help fill out the collection. ??

If you have issue 45, this is missing.  Would also like to get scans for issues 6 and 57 if you have these.

You can upload scans to my dropbox share: https://www.dropbox.com/request/Py0DFAd41Vdw9x1TWU3C

6 hours ago, kodak80 said:

If you have issue 45, this is missing.  Would also like to get scans for issues 6 and 57 if you have these.

You can upload scans to my dropbox share: https://www.dropbox.com/request/Py0DFAd41Vdw9x1TWU3C

Unfortunately I don't have 6 (my collection started from 10 I think) but I have uploaded my versions of 45 and 57. Hope that helps.

JH ?

6 hours ago, TheNightOwl said:

Unfortunately I don't have 6 (my collection started from 10 I think) but I have uploaded my versions of 45 and 57. Hope that helps.

JH ?

Thank you for uploading these issues JH.  My site is now updated to link to these 2 issues.  That completes all issues now preserved but I now have a personal quest to get issues 6, 45 and 57 to complete my set.

Thank you again.

• Like 1

Nice work in getting a full set of digital copies and good luck in getting a full set of physical copies. Of the ones I had the mags held up over time far better than the disks that came with them - those tended to give up more quickly than a lot of other magazine disks I had in my collection. I think I was only able to back up maybe 50% of them at most... ?

2 hours ago, morcar said:

Any chance you can upload the disks as well?

Unfortunately I only made disk copies and not images - I'll take a look and see what I can do but it may take a while. However I think the TOSEC collections on archive.org might possibly have copies of these magazine disks... ?

Great work everyone involved :)

I love having the real magazines, really tough to complete collections today though. I dread to think how much it will cost me to get the remaining 10-15 issues of the early/8bit era CVG mags or TV gamer I would like. Luckily I don't care for anything after 520ST or Amiga 1000 (500plus at a pinch) era as far as mags go.

edit: Just read through a couple of review (Alien Syndrome and Lotus II) pretty reliable magazine actually.

Edited by oky2000
  • Like 1

• 5 months later...

Though the last stand-alone issue of ST Action magazine was #68, it did continue in the pages of ST User then ST Review up to issue #82.  I extracted the ST Action sections from those later magazines into stand-alone issues and the link is below.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/u3m2wnomustkz0x/ST Action.zip?dl=1

• Like 1