IGNORED

First Warlords Prototype Release

Here is my version 5 crude, rude but....

Just a taste of whats to come.

A bit of a mock up.  Later versions will have select 1 or 2 players or set 4 cpu's and let them fight it out.

My thoughts are to have you pick your favorite corner, your color and I may have other icons.

However, this demo/prototype has the lower left hand shield that will move with a spinner.

It still needs adjusting, maybe even a couple more sprite patterns around the corner but it's getting there.

Here is another thought.

It works great, on my hardware, with a roller and driving controller.  The spinners on the SAC are crap and do not track very well for this purpose.

If I can't adjust this we will have to rely on that Colecovision Paddle Project or some new device with better accuracy.

Until then you will still have the ability to use joysticks.

Until next release, here you go.

v5p for Padded to work on a real ADAM, Colecovision or emulator with spinner support.

Warlords v5p.rom

Edited by Captain Cozmos
  • Like 2

Do you own John Lundy's ADAM USB Mouse Adapter? I don't think he has any available for purchase, but here is the GitHub page with all the required info. Seems like it would be a great option for your game just like it is for Kaboom and numerous other games.

PS: Works great on the ColecoVision and case was available in black.

GitHub - JohnLundy/Coleco-ADAM-USB-Mouse-UNO-Shield

May be an image of screen and indoor

Edited by NIAD

On 6/25/2022 at 12:26 AM, NIAD said:

Do you own John Lundy's ADAM USB Mouse Adapter? I don't think he has any available for purchase, but here is the GitHub page with all the required info. Seems like it would be a great option for your game just like it is for Kaboom and numerous other games.

PS: Works great on the ColecoVision and case was available in black.

GitHub - JohnLundy/Coleco-ADAM-USB-Mouse-UNO-Shield

May be an image of screen and indoor

I have one but I am wondering how I can apply this to Warlords.

I don't have a set of paddles so I will end up making this a hybrid game that will be joystick based but have the ability to use paddles that are based off roller controller inputs.

Edited by Captain Cozmos

I think being able to use the wheel and roller controller for your game is fantastic. Perhaps your could ask permission to hack the Missile Command like game that CollectorVision released years back. You could also hack the Atarisoft Centipede. Awesome work. I'm surprised your not getting more support for your awesome work.

17 hours ago, Captain Cozmos said:

I have one but I am wondering how I can apply this to Warlords.

As long as you include support for the standard hand controller, you don't have to do anything to add support for the CV/ADAM USB Mouse Adapter. The Adapter does all the work, but you will have to play with the potentiometer dial to find what works best and then just include your findings in the game manual.

How would the second player use a mouse as well?

My thoughts are to use standard controllers with individual support for the spinner.

So each player has an individual controller.

I am at the point in the game that I am implementing more than one CPU plus AI.

I'll worry about controllers later down the road.

The mouse controller, if you have one, will be your option.

I still want to work on Haunted House but Warlords is so much easier and all the features are able to be done on a Colecovision unlike Haunted House.

I only mention this because my introduction to AA was Haunted House and I also want to show you guys I can cross the finish line as far as my work.  Warlords I am really confident that I can complete.

Edited by Captain Cozmos

15 hours ago, Captain Cozmos said:

How would the second player use a mouse as well?

Well, if one had a second player to compete against, a second mouse adapter connected to port #2 would be required otherwise player #2 would have to use an alternative controller in port #2.

This could be a great game to include FujiNet ADAM support to allow playing against up to 4 human opponents online! Thomas Cherryhomes has made numerous libraries available, but I’m pretty sure they are ADAM EOS-centric… you’d have to look at them or contact Thom if this idea peeks your interest.

Good luck with development of Warlords and Haunted House.

14 hours ago, Captain Cozmos said:

Is the FUJI Net available for the Colecovision?

Not yet. The FujiNet team has stated that they plan on developing versions for as many computers and consoles as possible. After developing versions for Atari, ADAM and Apple computers, they have just recently made a working prototype for the Atari Lynx. A CV version seems like a no brainer, but it could be a while yet.

• 1 month later...