IGNORED

Fishing games

dudeguy

Sega Marine Fishing was my favorite as I am sure it's most people's as we since you are fishing for something besides bass.

The mini-games in Ocarina of Time and Link's Awakening were great.

There was also a fishing game on the GBA I had as a kid that I liked a lot.

PS2 had a ton of fishing games but none of them were that memorable.

Fishing is something I will probably never do in real life for a multitude of reasons so it's something I love to do in a virtual setting, like illegal street racing or shooting motherf*ckers.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, CapitanClassic said:

I always thought fishing IRL, was just drinking with no women around.

I think a lot of its just a way to get away from humans for a while. the lake is one of the few places you can go where, for the most part, you can be 100+ yards from another living soul for hours at a time. solitude. especially if you get out there early

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/26/2022 at 7:55 AM, dudeguy said:

Sega Marine Fishing was my favorite as I am sure it's most people's as we since you are fishing for something besides bass.

Sega Marine Fishing is worth getting a Dreamcast & the fishing controller.

• Like 2

On 7/6/2022 at 12:25 AM, RJ said:

Sega Marine Fishing is worth getting a Dreamcast & the fishing controller.

Yeah I gotta track down the fishing controller. Ive never seen one in person or the maracas for Samba de Amigo.

I always associated the DC with summer/fishing/oceans/water because of the fishing games, the first level and first overworld of Sonic Adventure, Seaman, Ecco, Blue Stinger, all games where water is prominently featured. one of the reasons I love the console

• Like 2

There's a fishing minigame in Yakuza 3 that is a lot of fun. The beach atmosphere in Okinawa is just nice to soak in.

There's also a pretty extensive fishing aspect in Shenmue III with various unlockable fishing spots and tournaments to participate in.

1 hour ago, dudeguy said:

I always associated the DC with summer/fishing/oceans/water because of the fishing games, the first level and first overworld of Sonic Adventure, Seaman, Ecco, Blue Stinger, all games where water is prominently featured. one of the reasons I love the console

Thats cool, I always had a group of 3 PS2 "summer games" I tried to play every summer: Tiger Woods 2003, Splashdown, & Summer Heat Beach Volleyball. SHBV is the only one I still have. I try to start a tournament on or around Memorial Day weekend & finish up by Labor Day.

Funny Dreamcast SMF story: my dad was an active outdoorsman but not a gamer...I had him try SMF with the controller since he was used to a fishing reel, & when he set the hook he yanked the controller plug right out of the DC unit & it flew across the room ??

• Haha 1

On 6/26/2022 at 6:55 AM, dudeguy said:

Fishing is something I will probably never do in real life for a multitude of reasons so it's something I love to do in a virtual setting, like illegal street racing or shooting motherf*ckers.

Here's my boy & I pulling a couple bass out of the local pond. We're in Minnesota so we got a ton of places to go

Screenshot_20220708-104744_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20220708-104752_Gallery.jpg

Edited by RJ
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...