IGNORED

Removing the Miller Graphics title screen branding from Corcomp Floppy Controller ROM

jedimatt42

I hate all these expansions that write on the title screen. 

So I finally took the time to stop my Corcomp Floppy controller from doing this. I'm not talking about the full hijack that the original DSR power up routine bestowed upon us, but rather the little bit of piddle that Miller Graphics left on the screen branding your 4A as one of theirs... 

Anyway... the ROM I started with can be identified as md5sum 444886597c3c8002808751688f90dcd7 - this is the 'bank 1' rom ( 1 of 2 ) 

Modify word at address >4196, (offset in your eprom burner 0x0196) from a value of >0200 to a new value of >1016

The new md5sum will be: 395eade664216a8b320fd0f02c421de8

This just jumps over the 2 loops that 1st clear a line on the title screen, and 2nd copy the Miller Graphics brand onto the title screen.

• Like 7

I don't have a screenshot as I overwrote the eprom I was using... My point was just to share the details of how to get rid of the MG stamp for those that experience the same sentiment... basically it is a standard title screen (with the MG rom) that just says Miller Graphics on the second line.

• Thanks 1

The Compact Flash/nanoPEB screen notifications are helpful, though in hindsight that is probably because the device itself can be flakey.  Most (all?) of the Horizon RAMdisk ROS output was removed a few years ago, partly to make way for code fixes, though I still have fond memories of the first time I saw Bud Mills fire up his TI and it displayed the MUG logo and OPA/BMS text/color changes at powerup.  That was pretty neat.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, jedimatt42 said:

I don't have a screenshot as I overwrote the eprom I was using... My point was just to share the details of how to get rid of the MG stamp for those that experience the same sentiment... basically it is a standard title screen (with the MG rom) that just says Miller Graphics on the 

I am using it in my Geneve 9640 now, but I made a video in a TI setup 3 years ago. https://youtu.be/WVhXi24nrUA