IGNORED

Onyx VCS base model is 30% off

MScottson

And... it's gone. Nice to see people are buying these when the price is right.

I see Gamestop restocked on their All-in Onyx bundle as well. Seems to bode well that the system isn't dead, but I still wonder if they'll produce another run when this batch sells out for good.

3 hours ago, cubanismo said:

And... it's gone. Nice to see people are buying these when the price is right.

I see Gamestop restocked on their All-in Onyx bundle as well. Seems to bode well that the system isn't dead, but I still wonder if they'll produce another run when this batch sells out for good.

And... it's back. ;)

• Like 1

On 6/30/2022 at 12:30 PM, Leonard Smith said:

Nothing wrong with lurking and learning about the system.
You don't have to be a blind fanboy in order to have an interest in the platform.

Problem is, neither of you are interested in "learning about the system" or the platform.  You're previous posts, rambling on about how Xbox and PS5 are better, speak to my point.  So, if you're so well versed in how awful it is, what is there for you to learn?

Face it.  Your sole purpose here is to trash the VCS, and those that enjoy it.  It's all you've ever done and it's all you'll continue to do.

• Like 2

To get the thread back on track (at least until the trolls return for feeding time), just saw that GameStop has the Onyx (base system only) on sale for $180.  Currently out of stock, though.  Not sure how good of a deal that is if it doesn't come with the controllers.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Deteacher said:

Problem is, neither of you are interested in "learning about the system" or the platform.  You're previous posts, rambling on about how Xbox and PS5 are better, speak to my point.  So, if you're so well versed in how awful it is, what is there for you to learn?

Face it.  Your sole purpose here is to trash the VCS, and those that enjoy it.  It's all you've ever done and it's all you'll continue to do.

Merely pointing out that whatever positives exist on the VCS can be found on other systems. 

I did initially consider a VCS, but seeing the bizarro issues that plague the platform such as users having difficulty logging in, network errors, and even basic things like excessive fan noise changed my mind.  That's called looking at the facts and voting with your dollars.

For what the VCS costs, it seems that everyone is searching high and low for reasons to justify their purchase.  I get it, I would feel burned too if I had spent $300+ on one of these.  If your idea of a good time is getting old DOS games for $3.00, then have fun and pat yourself on the back.  

That's all I will say.  Carry on and enjoy your VCS systems and delightful titles such as Microprose Soccer!

1 minute ago, Atari_JaguarVCS said:

Leonard’s just salty he got burned on a Telegames Delux Joystick for the 7800 and is now taking his frustrations out on the Atari VCS ?. Hey at least we have working controllers to play our delightful titles such as Microprose Soccer! 

Not quite sir. 

That Telegames stick works great and I'm quite happy with the purchase!  No salt here, lol!

And actually, if you're one of the poor souls that bought the Onyx Base Model, then there's no controller included.  LOL! 

13 minutes ago, Leonard Smith said:

I did initially consider a VCS, but seeing the bizarro issues that plague the platform such as users having difficulty logging in, network errors, and even basic things like excessive fan noise changed my mind.  That's called looking at the facts and voting with your dollars.

Not like network errors, login issues, etc.   don't exist on Playstation/Xbox/Steam/Nintendo.   I don't see an excessive amount of tech issues with the VCS.   As for fan noise, the VCS fan is quiet compared to my PS4!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, zzip said:

Not like network errors, login issues, etc.   don't exist on Playstation/Xbox/Steam/Nintendo.   I don't see an excessive amount of tech issues with the VCS.   As for fan noise, the VCS fan is quiet compared to my PS4!

Hahaha. I own a Dreamcast, after that I hardly noticed the VCS even has a fan.

On 6/27/2022 at 5:56 PM, MScottson said:

Tell your friends ? I picked one up since it's the cheapest option for Canada.  The classic controllers were already sold out so that's a good sign. Definitely excited to join in on the discussion.

Odd. Over the last few months whenever I try to buy something (t-shirts, controllers) from the Atari website, I get an error that they cannot ship to my location (Canada) at this time...

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

14 hours ago, Leonard Smith said:

Not quite sir. 

That Telegames stick works great and I'm quite happy with the purchase!  No salt here, lol!

And actually, if you're one of the poor souls that bought the Onyx Base Model, then there's no controller included.  LOL! 

Fair enough on the Telegames stick! I’ve ordered x2 from eBay to use on my 7800 so I’ll see how good they work soon enough.  

As for the VCS it’s called an Onyx base model for a reason, you wouldn’t expect a base model of any sorts to come with controllers when purchasing it and if you did then more fool you lol I’m pretty sure the folk that picked up a VCS to play Microprose Soccer have alternative controllers available to use with the system. 

• Haha 1