IGNORED

STRANGER THINGS - The Game (ATARI 2600)

HSW3ET

15 hours ago, Rhomaios said:

Strongly recommend season 1. Fun fact, the Duffer Brothers had originally wanted to make it only a single season. While parts of 2 and 3 are enjoyable, s1 is perfection.

Never read that.  I always read it was a four or five season story arc planned out from the beginning.  Here's a quote from an interview-

Seven years ago, we planned out the complete story arc for Stranger Things,” the Duffer brothers said in their statement. “At the time, we predicted the story would last four to five seasons. It proved too large to tell in four but – as you'll see for yourselves – we are now hurtling towards our finale.”

• Like 1

6 hours ago, insertclevernamehere said:

Never read that.  I always read it was a four or five season story arc planned out from the beginning.  Here's a quote from an interview-

Seven years ago, we planned out the complete story arc for Stranger Things,” the Duffer brothers said in their statement. “At the time, we predicted the story would last four to five seasons. It proved too large to tell in four but – as you'll see for yourselves – we are now hurtling towards our finale.”

The original idea predates this one. See this link with a different interview. (I skip the spoiler in the quote, but warning for those who don't want it to be spoiled to not click on the link.)

“But once we realized that the show was potentially going to go on longer than one season, we needed to leave it more up in the air, because deep down we knew the show just wouldn’t really work [...]," Duffer continues.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hi buddies!
Thanks to all of you for the words. I'm glad you liked the idea. ??

Unfortunately, it's very difficult to get to the Duffer Brothers or Netflix and get some sort of clearance. I would love to, but that's really out of my league.
But opinions are always welcome. Anyway, the game is still in WIP and if there is a correct way to distribute it, I'll finish it with pleasure.

Well, I wrote a message for my new game for the 2600 on the Zarkstars post (which is not related to the Zarkstars saga).

If you want to follow along here is the link:
https://atariage.com/forums/topic/325905-zδrkstδrs-a-space-saga/page/7/#comments

Cheers!
Leandro Camara

18 hours ago, HSW3ET said:

Hi buddies!
Thanks to all of you for the words. I'm glad you liked the idea. ??

Unfortunately, it's very difficult to get to the Duffer Brothers or Netflix and get some sort of clearance. I would love to, but that's really out of my league.
But opinions are always welcome. Anyway, the game is still in WIP and if there is a correct way to distribute it, I'll finish it with pleasure.

Leandro - PM sent ?

• Like 2

20 hours ago, HSW3ET said:

Anyway, the game is still in WIP and if there is a correct way to distribute it, I'll finish it with pleasure.

I really hope you can get the okay to distribute this game. 

Edited by sramirez2008
Typo
  • Like 3

• 2 months later...
3 hours ago, garycimera1968 said:

I just discovered this! I'd be totally on board to purchase a copy! How is the game coming along? Are you permitted to share a rom?

Hi garycimera1968!

Unfortunately, the game is on standby. I'd still like to distribute it in the right way, with permission from the people responsible for the franchise or something like that... which we know is a very difficult thing to do. 🙃
Maybe one day I'll finish the game. 😉👍

Cheers and thanks!

Leandro Camara

• Like 1