IGNORED

Atari 50: The Anniversary Celebration - (in VCS Store)

SabertoothRetro

Definitely something up with purchase and download. I have tried twice - both time said payment processed and took me to the download button. First time I tried to download, got bounced out to menu, tried to access the Featured Link and received ‘Something went wrong’, a few more tries and I was able to get back to purchase link.  Second time i tried to purchase, received payment processed message, got download button, clicked to try to download and system froze up and had to hard reboot. 21 GB free space, so no idea what might be wrong.

Update - Rather than option to buy, now have option to download, says only 4.27 GB, but after choosing where to download, bounces out to ‘Download’ again. I guess it will probably work eventually, lol.

Edited by mckafka99
  • Sad 1

4 hours ago, Atari_JaguarVCS said:

I’m having issues downloading the game too but I don’t think it’s fully live yet. When you select the download link for the game it’s saying the game file size is just over 4gb but in the description of the game it requires 9gb. 

I haven't tried yet, but I imagine you'd need enough free space to download the game -as well as- free space to install it.

I'm gonna pop in a thumb drive for this.

@davpa I ordered it, received email invoice that I paid $29.99 and order is complete, but am unable to download. It also does not show as bought on VCS game store. Is this just a delay in processing? 

Also, is the $29.99 with the discount or is that normal price? Just curious. No cares either way as $29.99 is a deal for what I hope to get.

EDIT: Added details...

Order status:
Awaiting fulfillment
Order date:
Dec 20th 2022
Order total:
$29.99
Payment method:
Stripe (Credit Card)
Edited by NISMOPC

36 minutes ago, NISMOPC said:

@davpa I reached out on DISCORD and chatted with Ashlee. She was able to look it up and get it showing as OWNED - DOWNLOADING NOW!!!!!!!!!

Where exactly was this, as there are multiple discord channels I am in.  Granted as the work day has started, I won't be able to sit in front of my vcs to baby it.

9 minutes ago, THX-1138 said:

I bought it, have the receipt etc. and my card was debited, but it's not showing as Owned so I can't download it!  I'm not paying again.

Mine took over an hour to show as OWNED (I did contact support via official Atari VCS DISCORD and they looked into it. You might want to try the same.

I also recommend ethernet connection to download if possible. 2G and 5G wireless connections kept locking up.

1 minute ago, NISMOPC said:

Mine took over an hour to show as OWNED (I did contact support via official Atari VCS DISCORD and they looked into it. You might want to try the same.

I also recommend ethernet connection to download if possible. 2G and 5G wireless connections kept locking up.

I will give it some time, it's a big game and perhaps their servers are being hammered.  I would try Discord, I'm quite new to it but for some reason I can never post anything - I can't be arsed to figure out why as I tend to only read stuff anyway.    ;-)

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, THX-1138 said:

I will give it some time, it's a big game and perhaps their servers are being hammered.  I would try Discord, I'm quite new to it but for some reason I can never post anything - I can't be arsed to figure out why as I tend to only read stuff anyway.    ;-)

Well, it would actually help us if you report this issue to Support (https://atari.com/support).  This helps us build a database of this kind of issues.  Then, people like Ashlee Scarcella of Support, can fix the issue really quickly.

As for the Discord, not sure why you are not able to post anything.  You don't need to agree to anything or any kind of verification gatekeeping like some Discords do.  I'm not sure how to help you there.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, davpa said:

Well, it would actually help us if you report this issue to Support (https://atari.com/support).  This helps us build a database of this kind of issues.  Then, people like Ashlee Scarcella of Support, can fix the issue really quickly.

As for the Discord, not sure why you are not able to post anything.  You don't need to agree to anything or any kind of verification gatekeeping like some Discords do.  I'm not sure how to help you there.

I did fire an email to support, but it has since started to show as Owned so I will download via my other VCS in a while.  I guess there are a lot of folks hammering the servers right now, so no worries, it's an exception and not the norm - I've never had any problems with the VCS store before.

3 hours ago, THX-1138 said:

I bought it, have the receipt etc. and my card was debited, but it's not showing as Owned so I can't download it!  I'm not paying again.

My system did the same and then completely locked up. A hard reset fixed it and then I was able to go in there and start the download.

Do not try to buy it again. I found out in a prior order that it will double charge you. That seems like a glaring oversight in their OS and operations, it should always double-check against the database transactions before charging a second time (similar to iOS/Android) but it does not.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, Atari_Falcon said:

Download Always stucks :( 76% was the closest I got to the Game:(

I had that issue during testing phase.  It would get stuck either at 62% or 76%.  Always.  On a whim I moved my VCS to a different part of my home network and then it downloaded fine.  What I found out in my case is that the network switch caused small pauses that the VCS would loose track and stop its communications with the backend, causing my downloading to stop.  Is there any way you can temporarily connect your VCS directly to your internet router or remove something that could be causing packet loss that is making the VCS just "flake out"?