IGNORED

Atari 50: The Anniversary Celebration - (in VCS Store)

SabertoothRetro

7 hours ago, jgkspsx said:

The sale is on until December 26th, FYI.

Everything seems great so far. I was disappointed but not surprised that Tempest 2K doesn’t seem to support rotary control on the classic controller. It would be nice if they added that in.

It does support the rotary controls.  you might have to go into the game's settings and then you have to hit the Fuji button to go into the "Stick Setting".  I've been playing Tempest 2k with the Classic Joystick and using the rotation.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, davpa said:

It does support the rotary controls.  you might have to go into the game's settings and then you have to hit the Fuji button to go into the "Stick Setting".  I've been playing Tempest 2k with the Classic Joystick and using the rotation.

Whoaaa, awesome!! Wait though… is it using the secret hack in the game or is it implemented a different way?

I see, it is using the analog hack. With the left and right directions still working I thought it was being mapped somehow (and I was hoping it would make the bonus levels playable, but no such luck.) It feels a bit slow even with sensitivity cranked all the way up.

My biggest complaint is that all of the buttons are multiply mapped. I can’t jump or use the superzapper without changing the view or pausing (and then invariably triggering the volume adjustments). It would be a lot better if you could map the pause button and leave things entirely unmapped.

5 minutes ago, jgkspsx said:

I see, it is using the analog hack. With the left and right directions still working I thought it was being mapped somehow (and I was hoping it would make the bonus levels playable, but no such luck.) It feels a bit slow even with sensitivity cranked all the way up.

My biggest complaint is that all of the buttons are multiply mapped. I can’t jump or use the superzapper without changing the view or pausing (and then invariably triggering the volume adjustments). It would be a lot better if you could map the pause button and leave things entirely unmapped.

I see what you mean. Even with the sensitivity on max it's way too slow to be playable. I've been thinking though that we need to fabricate some sort of actual standard size spinner top to attach to the top of the classic controller. I think that might help. 

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
3 hours ago, STeSearcher said:

Ok, I downloaded another game and installed it on the new drive. It won't launch either.  I formatted it through the bios I think..

I "believe" you can format it right from the VCS Storage tab.  I'm not in a position to check it now but if the option is there, I would try that.

• 3 weeks later...

So I have a Switch and I noticed that the analog stick response on the Tempest arcade game (in the arcade section) actually has analog response. The further you tilt the thumbstick, the faster you go.  It's controlled like this from day one.

I was hoping for the same controls on Jag T2K once the patch was released, but it is definitely not offering any analog control on the Switch version- just digital... I suppose we could give them some feedback about this. What do you say?!

• 1 month later...
Just now, Atari_JaguarVCS said:

Is the issue only occurring with the Atari 50 Collection or is it happening with other games? I’ve had a similar issue with a recent game purchase and I had to uninstall it and re install and it resolved the issue.  

Just this one. I'll try a reinstall.