IGNORED

Search for Commodore 64 Box Sleeve

Weeze

Hey guys,

I recently got a Commodore 64 in box from a friend.

Unfortunately it's a blank white cardboard box. I figured there has to be a sleeve that went around it and got lost.

Now when trying to find info about the box and the design online, I noticed that almost every box is either a styrofoam box with a cardboard sleeve, or a cardboard box with the art directly printed onto it.

Here's what I have:

photo_2022-07-01_16-43-28.thumb.jpg.e7a6e1292a9febc4cea9e0469fbadf9c.jpg

One of my friends then told me that apparently in Canada (where I am and where my previously mentioned friend is from) had these blank carboard boxes with sleeves and then I stumbled upon these two pictures:

download.jpg.2df563b9a053534618724018ded4dd56.jpg1477817092_c64box.thumb.jpg.7de7fe8e86ce779df5fed93df7359e56.jpg

Now These aren't super clear.. I can't quite tell if this is exactly what I'm looking for is exactly that but what it comes down to is this:

Does anyone here have one of these boxes and could provide high quality photos of every side so that I could attempt to make a reprint of the sleeve?

Now to make it completely clear as I'm not 100% sure how the rules are concerning this but I would only use it for a single print for my own use, I wouldn't sell these reprints in large quantities.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, even if it is just more info on boxes :D 

Thanks a lot in advance!

Edited by Weeze

Believe it or not, C-64 boxes show up on ebay rather often. I have never seen a sleeve though - either on ebay or live. People ask outrageous prices for these boxes though!

https://www.ebay.com/itm/325243357640?hash=item4bba03c9c8:g:ePoAAOSwYaRitw81

This is an example of what we see on ebay.......

Edited by motrucker

18 hours ago, motrucker said:

Believe it or not, C-64 boxes show up on ebay rather often. I have never seen a sleeve though - either on ebay or live. People ask outrageous prices for these boxes though!

https://www.ebay.com/itm/325243357640?hash=item4bba03c9c8:g:ePoAAOSwYaRitw81

This is an example of what we see on ebay.......

Yes apparently the sleeve I'm looking for is a Canadian exclusive from what I've found... It'll be hard finding anything about it.

• 2 months later...
On 7/3/2022 at 1:30 PM, Weeze said:

Yes apparently the sleeve I'm looking for is a Canadian exclusive from what I've found... It'll be hard finding anything about it.

I recently got one of these given to me (more about it on my blog here).  So, when I get a chance, I'll take some close up photos for you of every side and send them to you, if you're still looking for such photos.  I live in Saskatchewan and I can definitely say, the box I have is the Canadian version.  Also, the box is in very good condition.

Edited by Virtualsky
added a bit more info.

10 hours ago, Virtualsky said:

I recently got one of these given to me (more about it on my blog here).  So, when I get a chance, I'll take some close up photos for you of every side and send them to you, if you're still looking for such photos.  I live in Saskatchewan and I can definitely say, the box I have is the Canadian version.  Also, the box is in very good condition.

Oh wow that would be awesome! 

Yes I would love those pictures, I almost forgot about this thread haha.

Thank you so much!

6 minutes ago, Virtualsky said:

I sent you a PM with a link to the photos.  I hope they're helpful.

Yes I saw! Thank you!

I will ask a friend to clean them up in Photoshop, maybe I'll upload clean pictures for everyone when they're done. 

Just trying to find out how I could get it printed on some cardboard for a reproduction.